Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Prosper Matt doesn't get an interview, butthurt ensues r00fles!

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Matt Barton
‏@mattbarton
@OtherSide_Games I never got a response to my request for a refund.

Looks like Matt B is fed up with this... bullshit? Uhh. So he want a KS refund. Becaaause... ???

EDIT: LET IT BE KNOWN
that the above thread title is not of my creation, even tho I accept it. this was a thread split, probably by you-know-jew

Last edited:

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Speaking of which,

angry_matt.png

Was there some drama that I missed?

Darkzone

Arcane
Hey someone should ask Matt Barton what is going on, or even better: invite him here to state his points, why he wants a refund from OtherSide.

Darkzone

Arcane
I have seen Max getting mad, so i will have no problem to see Matt getting mad. And how horny Matt is, is not my problem. But i think that his opinion and standpoint on certain things, can be of value. Perhaps he would like to know some of the german, czech and polish beers, and many people here can give him some advice on this brewage.

imweasel

Matt Barton @mattbarton
@greg_caughill Just a really bad experience with one. I'll get over it. Just really disappointed and disillusioned; I'll get over it.

The plot thickens... but only a teensy little bit. I wonder what Matt is so butthurt about.

Alchemist

Arcane
Did Otherside announce there would be no rats to kill in UA? That would make Matt mad... :lol:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
What happened, did he finally find out about all the exclusive items two weeks after the campaign ended?

(inb4 it's related to lingering butthurt due to Neurath refusing to appear on his show)

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Otherside-Steve said:
From what I can find out he asked for an interview and we never replied to his request. Paul is going to contact him directly.

All's well that ends well, Matt! Don't forget to thank me in the interview introduction.

Last edited:

Darkzone

Arcane
If he was on of the 10k backers i would understand his anger. So an invitation to the a release part and one 1h interview, that perhaps would win some few more backers with just one person (free advertisement), is a good trade off for both sides. And then after paying perhaps 7.5k or 10k and you get treated like an ass, this can be quite influential on a opinion. But to be honest Matt should have taken this to the OtherSide forum and ask Paul directly, instead of this reaction. Because i think Paul would certainly give an interview with Matt and everything would have been fine, with an great Matt Chat show.

Mustawd

If he was on of the 10k backers i would understand his anger. So an invitation to the a release part and one 1h interview, that perhaps would win some few more backers with just one person (free advertisement), is a good trade off for both sides. And then after paying perhaps 7.5k or 10k and you get treated like an ass, this can be quite influential on a opinion. But to be honest Matt should have taken this to the OtherSide forum and ask Paul directly, instead of this reaction. Because i think Paul would certainly give an interview with Matt and everything would have been fine, with an great Matt Chat show.

Seriously. Who complains on twitter like some kind of passive-aggressive child?

Darkzone

Arcane
Seriously. Who complains on twitter like some kind of passive-aggressive child?
Eeehhh... what other reason is there for twitter? Is this not a great agglomeration of tweeting and whining people?

The Codex got a 90 minute interview......
I should start my own YouTube channel. :smug:
Do it. I would subscribe. Honestly. Also i wonder why RPG Codex does not have its own channel for game reviews and analysis.

Delterius

Arcane
I told you this would happen. First you make a twitter page, then a facebook page, now people want mindx to become J_C.

We gotta keep our reputation for mysanthropy, guys.

pippin

I never really trusted Matt's reliance on interviews, since something like this was bound to happen. He should make more to-the-point reviews of old games and tech stuff; he has published books and undoubtedly had stuff to share. LGR is still a better retro gaming youtuber.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom