Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Matt Chat Thread

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Matt's free to go pay-4-episodez if he wants. Just hope he won't be surprised when most people stop watching him. I like his videos but it's not something I'd be willing to shell out any bucks for.

Mustawd

Last part of the interview with Pajitnov:

When Pajitnov says he ist not in favour of Free Software, and that he cannot understand why anyone would want to work on Software without getting compensated. Matt says: "You know, I feel the same way, also about Youtube videos." :lol:

Wow....how is this man a professor? I thought you needed to understand logic to do actual research....

Klarion

Arcane

Does someone know what does Matt say about Baldur's Gate 2 at the end of this video, in the news section? Something about 2 new expansions, no idea what he's talking about...

starting at 26:45

Last edited:

SniperHF

Arcane
Battletech Interview:

He said it was a two part about Battletech, too bad he couldn't do a segment on Shadowrun.

EDIT: At the end of the video he said they may do a Shadowrun based interview later.

Last edited:

sstacks

Arcane
Hey all not sure if you caught it but this weekend's Matt Chat featured Johnny Wood and his classic multiplayer Ultima / RUM project. Basically, you can play Ultima I-IV multiplayer online.

Not only do I think the project itself is cool (and I helped with it in a very small capacity) but Johnny is a friend of mine from High School way back in the 80s. Yep, old as dirt.

Here's the link to Classic Ultima Online / RUM client: http://www.shatteredmoon.com/?page_id=9

Best,
Shane

sstacks

Arcane
Some interesting classic Ultima reverse engineering notes towards the end of that second Johnny Wood video.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
What's this, then:

Hi, all! If you're free tomorrow evening, stop by for a chat with your ol' buddy Matt! So much to talk about! I hope you can make it.

*If you want to participate in the chat, please be sure to accept the invitation and make a comment on the hangout if you don't get an invite automatically. Thank you! *

P.S. Sorry about the late announcement. It's been crunch time here at SCSU!

For his Patreon backers?

sstacks

Arcane
What's this, then:

Hi, all! If you're free tomorrow evening, stop by for a chat with your ol' buddy Matt! So much to talk about! I hope you can make it.

*If you want to participate in the chat, please be sure to accept the invitation and make a comment on the hangout if you don't get an invite automatically. Thank you! *

P.S. Sorry about the late announcement. It's been crunch time here at SCSU!

For his Patreon backers?

Yep, they're pretty fun. I go when I can.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
*** Matt Chat needs your help! *** The show took a major hit this week with the loss of an executive producer. If you like Matt Chat and interviews with amazing talents like Styg, please support the show with a small financial contribution. I don't ask much! Just $1 per episode, or more if you're willing and able. If you honestly feel that my show isn't worth supporting, please let me know whatever I can do to make it so.

Looking at the credits of his previous episodes, the lost executive producer is one Paul "Sedge" Sedgmore.

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
MattChat
If you honestly feel that my show isn't worth supporting, please let me know whatever I can do to make it so.

One thing you can do is stop taking 30 minute interviews and breaking them up into 8 parts to stretch out the content as long as possible.

I hate watching an interview only to have it end abruptly with a "ANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNND *Sheathes Drinking Horn*"

Shaewaroz

Arcane
Patron
In a hobo shack due to betting on neanderthal
I'm very into cock and ball torture
MattChat
If you honestly feel that my show isn't worth supporting, please let me know whatever I can do to make it so.

One thing you can do is stop taking 30 minute interviews and breaking them up into 8 parts to stretch out the content as long as possible.

I hate watching an interview only to have it end abruptly with a "ANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNND *Sheathes Drinking Horn*"

I think it's time to revisit the old classic:

http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/how-to-improve-matt-chat.94979/

Added the "Don't split interviews into bazillion parts" option to the poll.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom