Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Matt Chat Thread

Kz3r0

Arcane
Humanity has risen! Prepare for head explosion: http://mattchat.us/?p=641

Matt Barton said:
The reality is, the vast majority of games are for white heterosexual men, by white heterosexual men. The few exceptions to this principle are touted so loudly precisely because they provide a convenient excuse for remaining complacent. It’s the same argument you hear in general about how Obama’s election “proves” there’s no racism in the U.S. Why do we need an anti-racist movement–the President is black! Slash and cut those diversity programs…It’s not a pretty picture. Sure, there are some prominent female and LGBT game developers out there, and you can also find some games that buck the trend. But to argue that there’s no problem is not only incorrect, but unethical.
Has he realized where the money is at?

SausageInYourFace

Angelic Reinforcement
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
So Matt is one of the academic teachers who indoctrinates his students into Marxism even though it has nothing to do with his profession (he's supposed to teach them how to write in English).

Just another asshole Marxist academic.

Marxism is just one framework amongst many others that almost all (literary) students learn at one point during their studies to apply to any form of cultural product to see if it gains them any insight or not. That does make neither them nor their teachers Marxists.

Boleskine

Arcane
Computer Chronicles was such an awesome show. I watched every week hoping to see some previews of pc games, but of course each episode was a great look at what was going on in the technology world.

KazikluBey

Cipher
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I think that was the result of him listening to his viewers, who thought that the other stuff received too little screen space.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
As much as I love the interviews, I cannot seem to bare those "let's play" videos. I have a feeling I would be much better off playing the games themselves. I am not sure what's missing there, if it is his voice, tone, or lack of preparation, but I cannot get involved.

Still an awesome guy though.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
She seems nice enough and from this part I cannot understand the Codex hate, besides the fact that she is a woman and therefore the enemy to most of the people here.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
She seems nice enough and from this part I cannot understand the Codex hate, besides the fact that she is a woman and therefore the enemy to most of the people here.
I don't think anybody seriously hates her, besided the usual Codex edginess.
God she's hot.

Stupid question, but Matt introduced her as Miss Brenda Romero. Isn't she supposed to be Mrs. Brenda Romero if she is married? Or I got my english wrong?

Last edited:
In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
No, it's because we some of us are specist. Also, melonheads project glamour. It's obscene, like pouring sticky disgusting honey into ones soul. I feel violated by just watching it.

Looks like a MILF. Those tits and long hair are cute.

Brenda looks cute too.
Cosmic Misogynerd (suspected melonhead)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom