Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview Matt Chat 322: Interview with Styg

t

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Matt might be in this thread right now.

Everyone look for clues.
I thought we settled on J_C being Matt?

SausageInYourFace

Angelic Reinforcement
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
If he wastes these episodes asking MORE inane questions about Serbia the whole thing will be a huge waste of our time (and Styg's).

He gets paid per video on Patreon. I just went to check how much he makes and last time it was $550 or something per video. Now it's dropped to $393. I guess somebody realized Matt abused the system a little with his bullshit questions. It's not the first time he does this.

Better you have a system where people pay for each actually produced content than a system where you pay each month regardless of the person you are patroning putting any effort in or not.

Spoony, a guy whom I really liked, has been getting thousands of bucks each month from his fans for doing absolutely nothing of worth for over a year a now. I don't think Matt 'abuses' anything, he's been producing quality content for years now, its a shame he does not get more recognition really.

Diggfinger

Arcane
I, for one, really enjoyed the interview.

With all due respect to my fellow gay RPG-lovers on this forum, I think the Codexers are too harsh on Matt. Indeed, given that several interviews are coming up, I didnt mind the "get-to-know-each-other" introduction. Such cultural exchanges are important, and Matt seems genuinely interested in Styg's background. Moreover, I have a (super-hot:flamesaw:) colleague at work who is Serbian, so I used the occasion to learn more about her country (which I know nothing about):smug:

Perhaps Styg can give me her number:retarded:

- Digg

Last edited:

Shin

Cipher
I always like Matt's stuff even if I don't really care about the dev/game in question. So with Styg/Underrail there was no way I'm disappointed; especially with a few more Styg episodes planned. I'm guesssing the interview has been done already but I'm kinda wondering what the ambitions of Styg 'Serbian Tim Cain nohomo' look like? Any plans yet?

Viata

Arcane
Youtube comments:
"Nice of you for asking about Serbia, Matt"
Really?? We got wikipedia, hundreds of sites about Serbia and you go after a single guy who did a great game and asks about the place he lives instead of the game? Fuck this shit. If I wanted to know about Serbia, I'd go to Serbia, not watch an interview about games on youtube.

circ

Arcane
So you're from Germany huh?

Yeah.

I heard you killed millions of jews and other people during World War II, is that true.

Um. Yeah.

I hear they bombed you a lot. Are there a lot of ruins still?

No, not really it was a long ti...

Was this game influenced by what you saw during the war?

That... I wasn't even bor...

Germany sounds like an interesting place. Could you speak some German?

flabbyjack

Arcane

(Start the video first)
Guys I get it, we have a love hate relationship with Matt but lay off the guy.

He has over 322 'Matt Chat' videos on the one subject that we know and love, the subject that is our passion. That in itself is an accomplishment. Maybe we should provide some constructive feedback on his Youtube channel.

Matt's Underrail interview quality is average this time around, but that particularly peeves us off because its Styg, and he made Underrail which is the codex's own cult classic (After AoD of course).

Last edited:

Drowed

Arcane
Guys I get it, we have a love hate relationship with Matt but lay off the guy.

You mean... Codex without bitching?
:mob:

Nice of him for interviewing Styg, of course. Thanks Matt.
But next time, do try to ask more questions about the game itself. :salute:

kwanzabot

Cipher
Shitposter
he seems like a nice guy and does some interesting interviews but hes so awkward lol

flabbyjack

Arcane
Nobody else is doing this work, and I (Matt) can't do it alone. Please help me. I don't ask much--just $1 per episode will keep these interviews and reviews coming to your YouTube subscription inbox. There's no commitment, and you can cancel at any time.

Support Matt Chat at Patreon--it's the best way to support the YouTubers you love: http://www.patreon.com/blacklily8

He has $394 in pledges per episodes. IF this was the case across all 322 of his Matt Chats, then he would have over $125,000 in contributions. He started Matt Chats in 2009 btw. So about $20,000/year.

I have fun doing these videos, and love humor and frequent references to my favorite 80s movies and games. However, unlike many prominent "YouTubers" doing videogame stuff, I'm dedicated to being factually correct and well-informed about the games and developers I have on the show. You'll never hear me throwing tantrums, disrespecting guests, or dropping the F-bomb.
He'd get more viewers if he asked more entertaining questions. He should try asking 'Which celeb would you bang?' or 'How many Tim Cains does it take to plug in a water chip?'

Last edited:

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
He has $394 in pledges per episodes. IF this was the case across all 322 of his Matt Chats, then he would have over $125,000 in contributions. He started Matt Chats in 2009 btw. So about $20,000/year.
I don't remember the exact numbers, but for pledges below $5, the author only gets 30% I think. For pledges above $5, the author gets something like 70%.

He didn't start his Patreon account in 2009 either. He must've started it about 2 years ago, and at first he wasn't making all that money either. It grew with time.

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
You're wrong on the Internet. Staglands and Decadence are awesome games, but Underrail is big papa in the Trinity.

epeli

Arcane
Best game of this crpg renaissance. Other stuff pales in comparison.
You should play Age of Decadence then. Way better game than Underrail. Serpent in the Staglands is also better IMO.

I like how you're diligently trying to sell AoD to Underrail players everywhere on the internet. :D

Impressive
ad_plant.png
dedication, man. Your plan has only one flaw: the games already share most of their playerbase.

ROARRR

Savant
Possibly Retarded
What game? I thought this interview is about serbia and their people and language...Isn´t RPG-Codex a historian-forum.
:backawayslowly:

A user named cat

Good to see some coverage on this awesome game :thumbsup:
Styg could gain huge notoriety for UR by just trolling the psychotic SJW crowd, no need for actual coverage or interviews nowadays. Throw in a few tranny and black lives matters jokes with a patch and the internet will explode. This game would be a top seller in no time.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Styg could gain huge notoriety for UR by just trolling the psychotic SJW crowd, no need for actual coverage or interviews nowadays. Throw in a few tranny and black lives matters jokes with a patch and the internet will explode. This game would be a top seller in no time.

To repeat a joke from the previous page, a kebab removal sidequest.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom