Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview Matt Chat 286: Interview with Whalenought Studios, Part Three

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Matt Barton; Serpent in the Staglands; Whalenought Studios

In the third and final part of their interview on the Matt Barton Show™, Serpent in the Staglands developers Joe & Hannah Williams talk about taking in player feedback, the importance of the game's documentation, the process of creating its lovely pixel art sprites, the advantages of the isometric perspective, and more. Lots of Codex references in this episode!

What an extraordinarily goofy interview this was. Perhaps Joe & Hannah remind Matt of his students?

t

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Holy fuck, since when is J_C drinking beer at the end of each episode?

Ninjerk

Arcane
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand i have a drinking horn

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
I don't know what he's changed, but this has to be one of the best interviews I've seen Matt do. He's very relaxed throughout. Maybe he downed several valiums.

LeStryfe79

President Spartacus
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
It was partly because he interviewed such great people. Those two are amazing, almost unrealistically so.

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
J_C said:
When I started to do my Matt Chat show I wanted it promoted on there so I created a fake account on there and everything. I just made comments on there occasionally. I told them I was from another country. I really thought I had them completely fooled. The first time I started mentioning Matt Chatt, BAM! Outed!

:D

Respect for finally coming out J_C Matt. :lol::salute:

Mustawd

J_C said:
When I started to do my Matt Chat show I wanted it promoted on there so I created a fake account on there and everything. I just made comments on there occasionally. I told them I was from another country. I really thought I had them completely fooled. The first time I started mentioning Matt Chatt, BAM! Outed!

:lol:

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Great interview. Kudos to Matt J_C for referencing The Codex. :salute: Looking forward to the game* and to the next Matt Chat (Pillars of Eternity review if I remember correctly?).

*after I finish The Witcher 3...

Ninjerk

Arcane
It was partly because he interviewed such great people. Those two are amazing, almost unrealistically so.
Are you suggesting what I think you're suggesting? How do we make them prove they're not robots?

NotAGolfer

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Are you suggesting what I think you're suggesting? How do we make them prove they're not robots?
Maybe Matt J_C could make another interview with them, this time live?
tumblr_mc111d2ZPM1qzg3uio1_1280.png

bladerunner-voight-kampff1.jpg

Last edited:

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
J_C said:

Wait, what? NO! That is not me, he probably made another account.

Ninjerk

Arcane
J_C said:

Yeah, that's it. Some other account.

dukeofwhales

Cipher
J_C said:

Or perhaps he is just fucking with you, which is even funnier.

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
J_C said:

Or perhaps he is just fucking with you, which is even funnier.

Why would J_C fuck with himself?

:philosoraptor:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom