Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview Matt Chat 285: Interview with Whalenought Studios, Part Two

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Matt Barton; Serpent in the Staglands; Whalenought Studios

Matt Barton has uploaded the second episode of his interview with Serpent in the Staglands developers Joe & Hannah Williams. In this part, they talk about character creation, the experience of working together as a married couple, the previous games they've developed for mobile platforms, form vs function in UI design, randomization, and more.

It's interesting that they say that development for mobile platforms has become prohibitive for indie developers due to excessive QA requirements, which is historically what's often been claimed about development for PC.

Tramboi

Prophet
Patron
"which is historically what's often been claimed about development for PC."
Is it ? It's mostly a problem for console games (Lotcheck/TRC/TCR), I think.
Variety of PC hardware is not really an issue anymore since Windows has matured (for games that are not too ambitious technically, bleeding edge is still hard on video drivers)

Weasel
Was trying to listen to them but Matt kept going back to the fucking 'joke' about the snake... 'Freudian' meaning behind the snake... oh another snake.... FFS. I guess he used up the rat joke in part 1. It's like he has to seize on something he finds faintly amusing and keep beating the shit out of it, complete with awkward silences.

:deadhorse:
:negative:

Will still listen to part 3 as it's pretty interesting to hear how Joe and Hannah have progressed in such a short time.

ROARRR

Savant
Possibly Retarded
Was trying to listen to them but Matt kept going back to the fucking 'joke' about the snake... 'Freudian' meaning behind the snake... oh another snake.... FFS. I guess he used up the rat joke in part 1. It's like he has to seize on something he finds faintly amusing and keep beating the shit out of it, complete with awkward silences.

Well, actually it is a kind of joke I would do myself :D!
And besides I think he just tried to "ease" the mood.
Just compare first vid with this one and you will see Joe and Hannah are more relaxed now.
:drink:

PotatoElemental

Educated
I would have enjoyed this interview quite a bit, but I kept getting distracted by the schnoz.

I mean the thing's MASSIVE!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom