Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Masters of the Broken World (Eador 2)

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Bundle is live now. Note you also get a Steam key for Genesis along with MotBW.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
But is it playable?

You're just mad you D1P'ed -- gotta take more advice from me, bro. Although honestly, I'm thinking I should have just waited out the bonuses on this and see if I couldn't have picked up a separate key from some CAG'er for $2.50. Other stuff in the $5 tier is kind of shit.

Misconnected

Savant
MoTBW is more playable than Genesis. To the best of my knowledge MoTBW has no critical bugs. Genesis does. If you update the game, you wont have the trouble Steelworker described.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
MoTBW is more playable than Genesis. To the best of my knowledge MoTBW has no critical bugs. Genesis does. If you update the game, you wont have the trouble Steelworker described.
Hell fucking no. I've played both of them, and never even had a problem with Genesis. While Motbw had sound, music, unit and gameplay bugs. Granted most of them was patched, but it still has some.

Misconnected

Savant
I'm sure MoTBW still has non-critical bugs, but I'm not aware of any current ones. Genesis has at least one critical bug, tied to a particular province event that escapes me ATM (Inquisition maybe?). I suspect you'll find it has far more than that, if you go looking - I've mostly played MoTBW.

mondblut

Arcane
Genesis can be picky about platform, due to being built on a seriously outdated third party library. Cue all those weird fixes like running two instances of the game at once.

There were a couple of crashing events, but they should have been fixed in patch.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Genesis is more stable, although it can run seriously slow at some configurations. MotBW still has oodles of smaller bugs and could really do with a few more updates to polish things up. It is however finally playable.

And it should be about time. That they released it as it was is just insulting.

sher

Educated
Genesis was incompatible with new OS - it was just a publisher's lie for an english version since the original russian release has much shorter list of supported OS and the game is the same. And since Genesis is just a translation of a game that was released few years before it - what kind of bugs could it possibly have which were not fixed a long time ago? Do not fool yourself: MoTBW problems are its problems alone. Different games created by different people.

Multi-headed Cow

Here's the change list:

Improvements:

- Changed and improved interface for rituals’ window on the strategic map.
- Changed and improved interface for rituals’ tooltips.
- Changed and improved interface for sights in the strategic map.
- Changed and improved interface for provincial constructions on the strategic map.
- Changed and improved interface for guards’ window on the strategic map.
- Changed and improved interface for spells’ window on the tactical map.
- Changed and improved interface for spells’ tooltips.
- Added ability to control the province (hire guards, construct buildings, etc.) in the province’s info-window (in the bottom right corner).
- Icons for units and items are now clickable in all windows, an information windows is showed after a mouse button click
- Reworked skill information window for heroes/units and terrain information on the tactical map. They are now auto-scaled and can be changed. All tooltips are displayed normally, without covering the mouse cursor and an item.
- Added visual clue for inability to construct buildings in the Citadel and provinces, perform a ritual and hire a guard during the current turn.
- Achievements can now be viewed in the game and be exported to the Steam account.
- Added ‘Lord of Bones’ achievement (summon over 50 skeletons or zombies in a battle for the shard).
- Added two spells for multiplayer: ‘Create Golem’ and ‘Summon Phoenix’.
- Increased available screen resolutions number that can be selected in the game.
- Unified window close buttons.
- Added detailed tooltips for difficulty levels.
- Unit information can now be viewed during a shard attack.
- Icon for building status in its tooltip is replaced with the text.
- Improved tooltip for gold and gems status on the lower panel.
- Scout that takes the path of Warrior (‘Adventurer’) now gains ‘Second Wind’ skill on level 10 (moving and attacking in the same turn without spending additional energy) and ‘Swiftness’ skill on level 20 (moving after the attack).
- A few other small improvements.

Fixed:

- ‘Can’t Stop Building’ achievement.
- ‘Collector’ achievement.
- Item sets not working correctly.
- A bug that caused stamina to decrease before the shot happens.
- All resources in the Necromancy window are now displayed correctly.
- Incorrect location of the spells in multiplayer.
- A bug that let player deploy army on the arena for AI.
- A bug that caused disappearance of the whole garrison left in a province after upgrading Outpost to Fort.
- Some letters getting cut out in the hero’s level up window.
- Esc button working incorrectly in informational windows on the tactical map in some cases.
- Hotkeys not working in a neutral shop.
- Building tooltip covering contruction button on lower screen resolutions. Tooltips display is now generally improved on lower resolutions.
- Inability to exit the province list after pressing Esc button.
- Dialog bugs.
- Tooltips covered by the lower panel on the strategic map.
- Highlight of clickable elements on the astral map.
- Incorrect display of the tooltip after closing radial province menu.
- Battle result’s tooltip bug when attacking a province without guards.
- Inactive shards on the astral map.
- Province siege by rebels without a fight.
- Player’s units not being selected after turn’s end if AI units weren’t able to do anything before that.
- Game crash caused by transition to the tactical map after the ‘slugs attack’ event.
- Game speeding up after quickly giving orders to two units.
- AI’s turn freeze caused by it having more than 4 heroes and having opportunity to attack enemy capital.
- Rare bug that doubled unit’s death if the hero had ‘Master of the Undead’ skill.
- Empty trophy window after clearing an ambush.
- Missing number for damage by towers during capital’s siege.
- Game’s logic breach caused by long animation and inaccurate action order after the double shot.
- Game’s logic breach after calculation of the shooting results during fast orders giving.
- Synchronization bugs in attack and death animations on the tactical map.
- Game freeze caused by transition to the tactical map when player’s province was in rebellion and he chose to suppress it with his army.

Livonya

Augur
Patron
So, is it in a playable state yet?

I am curious about this as well. I am still playing Genesis and enjoy it, and I might get MotBW but not until it is actually functional and fun. I hate dealing with bugs and prefer the graphics of the older version over bugs.

Misconnected

Savant
Uhm.. The most recent patch actually kind of broke stuff, but before that it was very playable. I'm guessing there'll be a hot-fix'y patch very soon to de-break the stuff the patch broke.

- If you're curious, the freshly created bug is that units (possibly only some of them) occasionally don't die when they should, but instead become temporarily immortal and instantly take a number of turns out of sequence, before finally dying like they should (assuming your army survives the buggy onslaught, I'm guessing). So far it's happened to me twice over around 4 hours of play. First time didn't repeat on reload. Second time did. Neither time resulted in an outright loss, though the first buggy harpy all but ate my entire army.

ben_reck

Educated
I was playing this for a while but then the lag between turns became too long, especially on anything but a small shard. I glance at the fixes for something along the lines of "game now actually optimized" but haven't found anything yet.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom