Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Master of Orion Remake ? :O

Monocause

Arcane
Absolutely hate the aesthetics. Both MoO2 and MoO3 had far superior art directions, with MoO2 being cyberpunk-ish about the races and the colour palette while MoO3 went awesome grimdark. Why would they opt to make MoO look cute? It's kinda like Anno 2205 meets Black&White.

Don't think I'll be playing this.

Morblot

Aberrant Member | Star Trek V Apologist
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
RESEARCH COMPLETE!

Your scientists have made a breakthrough in
IMPROBABLY SHAPED SHIT

vfLZYAt.jpg

Morblot

Aberrant Member | Star Trek V Apologist
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
1. Q, Worf and Barclay :love:

2. 50 bucks? Yeah, not going to happen.

3. 8 emperors and just 2 empresses? The SJW and feminist crowd is going to tear this a new one... :troll:

4. What's the difference between humans and terrans?

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Mine is worse! https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=1&v=rdDd1JwRtqY

Still a work in progress. Lots of placeholder graphics waiting on artwork, but almost all of the game functionality is done.

There's not going to be open testing until the Beta next year. Alpha 2 is scheduled for 1Q 2016.

It's going to be a fairly strict Java implementation of MOO1 with updated graphics and sound. It's still in progress, but moving along. The plan is to make it available for free and eventually open-source the code.

Here's a Q&A I did with explorminate a few months ago: http://explorminate.net/2015/07/28/java-moo-master-of-orion-qa/

Ray, how is your work doing? )

RayF

Arcane
Patron
Developer
Mine is worse! https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=1&v=rdDd1JwRtqY

Still a work in progress. Lots of placeholder graphics waiting on artwork, but almost all of the game functionality is done.

There's not going to be open testing until the Beta next year. Alpha 2 is scheduled for 1Q 2016.

It's going to be a fairly strict Java implementation of MOO1 with updated graphics and sound. It's still in progress, but moving along. The plan is to make it available for free and eventually open-source the code.

Here's a Q&A I did with explorminate a few months ago: http://explorminate.net/2015/07/28/java-moo-master-of-orion-qa/

Ray, how is your work doing? )

It's coming along very well. I've recently had to rename the game from "Java MOO" to avoid copyright issues with Wargaming, but in general they have been very cool with the project.

I've created a website to serve as a clearinghouse for information about the game: www.PretendStudios.com
The dev blog has moved to www.RemnantsOfThePrecursors.com
The twitter feed is now at @PretendStudios

Nothing about the game has changed except the name, which I assumed was inevitable anyway.

The original "1Q 2016" for the Alpha 2 has moved back to April (maybe May!) because I underestimated the time required for the necessary artwork. However, it is definitely moving forward -- after all this is the full-time, paid job for the illustrator. There is no scope creep since the feature list is fixed. Every item done is one less item remaining to do.

tindrli

Arcane
but.. but.. why another human race?? i mean its not that important hopefully the game will be moddable.. but why the fuck another humanoid??

TigerKnee

Arcane
RTwP combat wasn't something I was expecting, so this "remake" somehow let down my already low expectations

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
It's coming along very well. I've recently had to rename the game from "Java MOO" to avoid copyright issues with Wargaming, but in general they have been very cool with the project.

I've created a website to serve as a clearinghouse for information about the game: www.PretendStudios.com
The dev blog has moved to www.RemnantsOfThePrecursors.com
The twitter feed is now at @PretendStudios

Nothing about the game has changed except the name, which I assumed was inevitable anyway.

The original "1Q 2016" for the Alpha 2 has moved back to April (maybe May!) because I underestimated the time required for the necessary artwork. However, it is definitely moving forward -- after all this is the full-time, paid job for the illustrator. There is no scope creep since the feature list is fixed. Every item done is one less item remaining to do.

Thanks, we will be watching. )

ArchAngel

Arcane
I seen some combat. First impressions are not very positive but I might need to see it played by someone that knows what they are doing.

RayF

Arcane
Patron
Developer
I'm putting the new website to use.

If you are the kind of person who likes interesting forum avatars (I am), I have created a media page with forum avatars from each of the 5 races currently added to Remants of the Precursors (was Java MOO).

Of course, this number will double when the beta rolls out but 5 is what we have right now.

http://www.pretendstudios.com/forum-avatars.html

Destroid

Arcane
I'm putting the new website to use.

If you are the kind of person who likes interesting forum avatars (I am), I have created a media page with forum avatars from each of the 5 races currently added to Remants of the Precursors (was Java MOO).

Of course, this number will double when the beta rolls out but 5 is what we have right now.

http://www.pretendstudios.com/forum-avatars.html

That link goes to an exiting steam url and then 404s.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
so this game is a less than Stardrive 2 but a more cinematic experience...

RayF is there a facebook page for your project?

The artwork for those avatars is top notch!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom