Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Development Info Massive Knights of the Chalice 2 Development Update

You of bunch ingrates incapable simply are of appreciating art great. !Ever Pierre of Begue the don't bother your with nonsense.

hoverdog

dog that is hovering, Wastelands Interactive
Developer
Project: Eternity
This is absolutely atrocious. The ugliest thing ever.

FFS, even Castle of the Winds looks better than this

castle-of-the-winds_3.gif

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera

it actually kinda looks like the online char editor wotc had for 4e subscribers... so, yeah...

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
None of it matters if it ups the tactical ante. I am good with the token look and I think the fog of war adds a lot over your typical tabletop dungeon layout.

I have tried to impress upon him to allow art to be supplied by the community or supplied with community based modules. That would be nice.

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands

It is safe to say I think that for the most part, anything you would regularly interact with while playing is placehodler at this point. He mentioned specifically that it needs art and it is placeholer.

On his forum, he is accepting/adopting good ideas provided as constructive feedback.

Luzur

Good Sir
Sheesh, if i wanted to play a boardgame i packup my HeroQuest and roll some dice.

this graphics change stinks.

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BROS I JUST DONTS KNOW

ILL STLIL TRY THE DEMO THROUGH

THIS IS SO FUCJKING UGLY I MEAN LIKE AIDS INFFECTED CRACKWHORE ASSHOLE UGLY

BROS THERE IS A PLAN HERE I KNOW HE HATES MONEY MAYBE HE WANTS TO LOSE A BUNCH!!!

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Why cant we just have more of the same?
I would be happy with the same engine, same graphics, a different plot and more classes.
He said he dropped the previous graphics style in order to make it easier to add much more content, which kind of makes sense if the selling point is for people to add their own creations (not many modders bother with animated sprites, especially if there are several directions).

Eyeball

Arcane
Codex, you caused this with all your "waaaaaah the slightly oblique camera angel of the characters makes my puuuussy huuuurt waaaah" faggotassery about KOTC1 when in fact it looked perfectly fine. Now we got this no-graphics shit, which may be fine from a gameplay point of view, but is downright depressing as far as visuals are concerned.

Fuck you all very much.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
The people who complained over the camera-angel caused Pierre to revamp his graphics to shit..?

"omg your legitimate criticism caused me to do something completely unrelated to it and now it sucks even more"

I think Pierre being a very strange man and promising ToEE-level graphics did that.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
No animations means that all kinds of different summons, shapeshifting Druids etc are in, so it has advantages.

Indeed. And I think this style can work.
If he could just get a decent artist to do the tiles. If the interior ones look like that, imagine the exterior ones.
And then of course the UI.
Maybe just make everything look like it's from a rulebook with a nice graphic design.

Last edited:

likaq

Arcane
From shit graphics to shit graphics.
Pierre, Pierre never changes.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
D20Pro looks better....

Thinking about it, why should I play KotC2 if I could just design/play the same campaign in D20Pro?
And with friends, even!

As much as I despise the graphics of KotC1, at least it was an actual game and not just a virtual tabletop.
The virtual tabletop "genre" already has some very strong entries.

You know, if this was Shadowrun, my eyes would shine brightly, but another D&D entry in that sector? Meh...

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Codex, you caused this with all your "waaaaaah the slightly oblique camera angel of the characters makes my puuuussy huuuurt waaaah" faggotassery about KOTC1 when in fact it looked perfectly fine. Now we got this no-graphics shit, which may be fine from a gameplay point of view, but is downright depressing as far as visuals are concerned.

Fuck you all very much.
Pierre Begue? Listening to criticism? :nocountryforshitposters:

D20Pro looks better....

Thinking about it, why should I play KotC2 if I could just design/play the same campaign in D20Pro?
And with friends, even!

As much as I despise the graphics of KotC1, at least it was an actual game and not just a virtual tabletop.

You know, if this was Shadowrun, my eyes would shine brightly, but another D&D entry in that sector? Meh...

Doesn't having an AI puts it in another category than virtual tabletop?

Kalasanty11

Learned
Sprites, placeholders or even differently coloured dots and letters... I don't give a crap as long as combat mechanics and encounter design will be at least as good as in first part.
ToEE had better graphics but (imo) rest was worse then in KotC. And that:
He said he dropped the previous graphics style in order to make it easier to add much more content, which kind of makes sense if the selling point is for people to add their own creations (not many modders bother with animated sprites, especially if there are several directions).
actually sounds nice.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
D20Pro looks better....

And with friends, even!

Doesn't having an AI puts it in another category than virtual tabletop?
I was under the impression that D20Pro features AI and not only GM enemy control. Now that you mention it, that may be wrong. You can certainly script there, but it may not go far enough for actual combat AI. In that case, forget what I said and replace it with "boy, I wish D20Pro had AI scripting so it could easily be used like KotC2 with MANY more features".

So the difference between an actual game and a virtual tabletop is... graphics?
Well it is probably not, but certainly looks like a virtual tabletop. That seems to be the obvious design goal.
It does not look like a game featuring its own style and direction. KotC1 had that, and I was able to play and enjoy it despite finding it ugly and weird as hell (graphically).
But when I play a SP game I do it to immerse myself in one way or another. Which is something I really cannot do if the game looks like I would be sitting at a table with cardboard pieces.
This is highly subjective, I also never play PnP with cardboard pieces. Not even in combat situations. Works perfectly fine without. We once played D&D 4ED with such things. I felt like playing combat chess and not roleplaying. It was horrible.

Last edited:

oscar

Arcane
Demented visuals to go along with Pierre's demented brain.

GlutenBurger

Cipher
All the stuff in this update seems kind of incidental. Just menus and loading screens and stuff. For people who have been following the development more closely at the official site, how far along does he seem to be with the meat of the game?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom