Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mass Effect Gaiden: Planet Stronghold

What's Joshua's Class gonna be codex?

• Soldier

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Guardian

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Scout

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Psionic

Votes: 11 64.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Hah. Yeah. It's pretty funny how the choice on the path of the entire human empire depends on a recruit who has been in 3 days.

corvus

Arcane
At least now we get to fight hot Ferengi women. I bet Shiler abandoned her HQ the instant the team got out of the door, though. Xenos ain't stupid.

Actually...

You can go right to her cave hideout immediately. And promptly get your ass handed to you. Don't even get the chance to walk out "oops, sorry wrong cave lolol".

lightbane

Arcane
prince avatarfag said:
+You don't understand! The Marada have waited for so long. They're going to take over this planet, with or without us!

+[...]That... that's not true! They mean no harm, they want-

That idiot cannot even lie properly.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I would give my kidney away so this game would not have this Animu graphics have Japs lost all their manhood in WW2?

japan-then-and-now.jpg

:bro: For RK47

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Comrades in Arms.

01.jpg

02.jpg

josh.jpg
What a dream! I guess I better get out now before I'm late for trai- wait. It was real. All of it. I'm the commander of the Royal Guards now... I should head out and meet up with Tom and Rebecca. Discuss the plan ahead.
03.jpg

josh.jpg
Excellent.
reb.jpg
I think you should go talk to android Lucille in the science lab. She might have some good advice for you.
josh.jpg
Sounds like a good idea! You can all take a break for now; I need to plan our next move. (Yeah, right. More like not having any ideas.)

Pondering whether I should skip straight to the science lab or get to know my team more, I decided to do the latter. I stop over the hospital and spotted Rumi, hard at work. Barely a few steps into the room, and she already sensed my presence.

rumi.jpg
Good day, Nelson.
josh-grin.jpg
Good day. What are you doing here?
rumi.jpg
I am synthesizing a new healing drug. I have named it 'Lifegiver'.
josh.jpg
Interesting, but what does it do exactly?
rumi.jpg
It lets you revive a knocked out team mate during a battle. They will recover quickly with nearly half of their original endurance restored.
josh-grin.jpg
I'm pleasantly surprised! That's quite something you have there, Rumi.
rumi.jpg
Thank you. Unfortunately, it requires much preparation, so I am only able to produce them in limited quantities. Here, take this first sample. I just finished making it.
05.jpg

josh-grin.jpg
Thank you, but would it be possible to acquire more of this in the future?
rumi.jpg
Return here later. I should have more. Is there anything else you need from me, Nelson?
josh-grin.jpg
Uh, no not really. I was just curious to see you at work.
rumi.jpg
Oh, I see. You know, when I joined the army I wanted to be a field medic.
josh.jpg
I didn't know that. What made you change your mind?
rumi.jpg
It was Lt. Tom. He saw my Psionic skills one day, and insisted that I joined a regular recruit.
josh.jpg
Well, it was a good suggestion I think.
rumi.jpg
...you think so?
josh-grin.jpg
Yes, absolutely!
rumi.jpg
I am not sure. Hurting and killing a creature takes seconds, but healing it takes hours or days.
josh.jpg
...(Emperor, give me strength.)
rumi.jpg
I know that the enemies would kill me given the chance, but it still bothers me. Which of them is more honorable? To harm, or to heal?
josh.jpg
I... those are good questions, Kai. I don't know the answer, but I can tell you this...
06.jpg

josh.jpg
Without you, we wouldn't be here trying to save this planet. You're a key element in my team.

Relationship Change +10 Rumi Kai

rumi.jpg
Thank you! It's an honor to have such praise from you.
josh-mad.jpg
Remember, it's not just about you. We are protecting the innocents who would be hurt if we do not fight. The Emperor protects. And we as well.
rumi.jpg
That is true. I see why they picked you as team leader. Is there anything else?
josh.jpg
No, take care. I'll get back to my duties.

Later...at the Hangar.

josh.jpg
(Hmmm, that's Tom, walking around the vehicles. I wonder if I should talk to him?
tom.jpg
Nelson.
josh.jpg
Hi Tom, how are you?
tom.jpg
Well...
josh.jpg
(He's clearly annoyed by the fact that he's no longer in command).
tom-mad.jpg
I'm glad we didn't have to fight the Emperor.
josh.jpg
Yeah, I definitely wanted to avoid that.
tom.jpg
... All right - I want to be honest with you. I don't think the King should have handed leadership of the Royal Guards to you. At least, not so soon.
07.jpg

josh.jpg
I'm sorry, Tom. I know how you feel. It must be diff-
tom-mad.jpg
No, I really don't think you do.
josh.jpg
Tom, wait-
tom-mad.jpg
I appreciate your concern.
josh.jpg
If there is anything I can do-
tom-mad.jpg
Yes, leave me alone please. I need to think.
josh.jpg
I see. I'll be going now. (That didn't go well...)

Later at the Black Sun...

josh.jpg
(There's Phil...) Hey! Thought I could find you here!

No response. I tapped him on the shoulder to get his attention.

08.jpg

josh.jpg
Hey, are you mocking me? I'm your superior now!
phil.jpg
Oh really? And I'm one of the best team members, so I know you wouldn't do anything to me. So what are you staring at me for? Either join me drinking, or leave me alone.
josh.jpg
(Dammit, Phil...)
04.jpg

josh-grin.jpg
All right. Chill. I'll buy the next round!

Relationship Change +10 Philipp Koenig

phil-grin.jpg
Now that's what I like to hear! Come and sit down!
josh.jpg
I'm not going into a drinking contest with you, though. Got it?
phil-grin.jpg
Yeah, yeah. No problem. I'll drink for you boy!
josh.jpg
Show some respect, Phil! And call me Nelson!
phil-grin.jpg
As you wish, Joshua. Newfag.

I spent several minutes with Philipp, enjoying my drink and listening to his terrible jokes, before deciding I've had enough and leave.

josh.jpg
I guess he's an asshole, but still a nice guy deep inside. I should come visit him again sometime.

At the training center..

09.jpg

josh.jpg
You look disappointed. Were you expecting someone else?
reb.jpg
Nah, I'm not. I was just training, and I hate to be interrupted.
josh.jpg
You always train all day?
reb.jpg
No, but when I'm not on a mission I like to keep in shape.
josh.jpg
What do you usually train in?
reb.jpg
There are specific training courses for all kind of skills.
josh.jpg
That's interesting...
reb.jpg
If you want, you're welcome to join us. Bring others along. They could use it, too.
josh.jpg
How does it work?
reb.jpg
Simple. Just come here and speak with me. You can train in any of the four skills, but it'll cost you.
josh.jpg
Cost? Why?
reb.jpg
The courses require a lot of energy, and the colony is already running on full power, so there's only so much energy reserved for training. So every training you do will consume a bit of energy, and it will take time to recharge.
josh.jpg
All right, I'll remember that.

I visit the Relaxation Lounge..

josh.jpg
(There's Michelle who is relaxing here.) Hey, Michelle.
mic.jpg
Hi, Joshua. You've come here to relax a bit too?
10.jpg

josh-grin.jpg
Well, not really. You know, someone in my position can't relax too much.
mic-mad.jpg
... Oh yeah? Are you really THAT busy?
josh.jpg
It's true, uh, Michelle.
mic-mad.jpg
Besides, don't you know that your mind needs a break from time to time?
josh.jpg
Uh... (Say yes, Nelson!)
mic-mad.jpg
It's not my opinion. Ask Rumi or Jacob. They said that if you take regular breaks, your brain then functions better. Overworking doesn't help get better results.
josh.jpg
(This girl really knows how to fast-talk!) You know, perhaps you're right.

Relationship change +10 Michelle Lafleur.

mic.jpg
Glad that you think so! If you don't lower your stress down, you'll do worse in every field!
josh-grin.jpg
However, it's also true that I haven't seen you in the training center since I was put in charge. I think you should at least do some training sessions, don't you think?
mic.jpg
Ahem, yes... it's true. I've... neglected my training a bit. But I will get going soon. I promise you.
josh-grin.jpg
No problem. Hope you follow my suggestion. See you around.

Next stop, landing pad...

josh.jpg
(Bellamy's here. He looks like he's lost in his thoughts.)

Or perhaps digesting his lunch.

bel.jpg
Huh? Oh, it's you Nelson.
josh.jpg
What are you doing here, Bellamy?
bel.jpg
Uh... building grenades.
josh.jpg
Grenades?
bel.jpg
Yeah! Special ones. Take a look!
12.jpg

josh-grin.jpg
This looks powerful!
bel.jpg
It's an Ion Grenade. It's effective against anything robotic. This is a Plasma Grenade. Very deadly to organics.
13.jpg

josh.jpg
These don't look like your standard issue grenades!
bel-grin.jpg
Indeed, they aren't. They can hit multiple targets and they are...forbidden by the new Empire rules.
14.jpg

josh.jpg
All the best things are forbidden, aren't they?

Relationship Change +10 Bellamy Dupont

bel-grin.jpg
Haha! Well said! Jokes apart, I can see why they don't want any new recruit to use them. In the wrong hands, they could cause serious damage.
josh.jpg
Yeah, that's a lot of power in one little weapon.
bel.jpg
It is, but producing them is expensive and takes time. I can produce them in limited quantities.
josh.jpg
I see. So if I want more, I should come back here later?
bel.jpg
Yeah. Come from time to time and maybe I'll have new grenades for you. And Nelson, don't tell anyone you got them from me, understood?
josh.jpg
Don't worry, it'll be a secret!

I carefully place the two grenades on my ammo pouch. These could help in a pinch. Looks like I met all of the team, except for Jacob...not sure where he hangs out....maybe the Science Lab? Guess I'll check it out. Later.

spekkio

Arcane
Pay attention, people.

Games like this one are the real future of RPG genre.

:yeah:

RK47

Patron
At least now we get to fight hot Ferengi women. I bet Shiler abandoned her HQ the instant the team got out of the door, though. Xenos ain't stupid.

Actually...

You can go right to her cave hideout immediately. And promptly get your ass handed to you. Don't even get the chance to walk out "oops, sorry wrong cave lolol".

Are you sure about that? I got the chance to retreat or face her. She's 500 HP with 2 Marada Soldiers.
She also has special ability to resurrect her followers. Definitely will try her out if I can break 100 damaga High Focus Harm.

00.jpg

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

corvus

Arcane
Are you sure about that? I got the chance to retreat or face her. She's 500 HP with 2 Marada Soldiers.
She also has special ability to resurrect her followers. Definitely will try her out if I can break 100 damaga High Focus Harm.

Oop, you're right. Still, no negotiating with Queen Cat-lady if you choose to confront her. Good luck, you might have better luck than me with your psionic Nelson. :salute:

lightbane

Arcane
Pay attention, people.

Games like this one are the real future of RPG genre.

:yeah:
This. Random game made by a humble developer with a limited budget= 1000 times better than Mass Erect 3, the ultimate gay simulator with (fake) choices and consequences.

corvus

Arcane
RK is hoping to burn the queen down with psionic harms, since if he focuses on her two allies she'd just resurrect 'em and heal herself. I don't know if he'll be able to win this fight right now, but who knows.

RK47

Patron
No. Paul Atreides must head into the desert with his band of fremen to face the xenos. He will burn, purge and kill every single one of them. Their essences will empower his faith. His psyker will overflow. As his experience grew, so will his powers.

At this state, it isn't enough. Perhaps once enough cleansings have been done. We will try this.
Also bought a copy of the game and checked the forum:

I just uploaded a new version (v1.4). No big changes, except:
- a new Super Easy mode, which adds 100Hp to the starting amount for each team member!! I really think that with this change everyone should be able to win the battles

:hmmm: Story Mode Unlocked.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
I tried finding a Free Extended Demo™ but Buccaneer Delivery let me down. Alas, though the game looks infinitely better than mass erect, I will not gamble my precious jewgold on a jRPG.

as an aside, how does Hoopy Rumi Kai work in the med centre when she's blind? Wouldn't that make reading the labels on whatever pills she's about to feed a patient rather difficult?

RK47

Patron
I tried finding a Free Extended Demo™ but Buccaneer Delivery let me down. Alas, though the game looks infinitely better than mass erect, I will not gamble my precious jewgold on a jRPG.

as an aside, how does Hoopy Rumi Kai work in the med centre when she's blind? Wouldn't that make reading the labels on whatever pills she's about to feed a patient rather difficult?

Yeah, I don't see how she could even shoot straight with a pistol. :smug:

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Intergalactic regulations

Fair enough. How about all the holographic diagrams and displays hovering inthe air around her on that medcenter pic? Do holograms come in braille as well?

Speaking of braille, I once had to look up some info for a product that was labelled for blind BROs. After getting hold of a braille alphabet picture online and painstakingly (visually) translating the dots into real letters, it turned out the last line read "Seeing is overrated". I wonder how many other braille jokes are floating around, letting blind people feel smug about us clueless sightfags.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Hmm.... Looks like something worth playing 7 2 times at least unlike latest cinematographic emotionally engaging ARPGS.... If only VD would not waste His time on useless 3-D engine... The AoD would be completed long time a go ;) . Since Comrade HK-47 has so much fun I Will buy it as soon as monthly paycheck from Putin The God Emprah comes. :hero:

RK47

Patron
Enemies of the Empire

01.jpg

josh.jpg
Amplification simulations?
luc.jpg
Yes, such a powerful disturbance signal is most likely a smaller signal being amplified to cover a greater area,so we must take that into account.
josh.jpg
Right, sorry if I interrupted you. What are your conclusions?
luc.jpg
Without the long-range scanner, I cannot determine the exact origin. However, there are three amplifiers that extend the original signal. If you can disable them, our search area will decrease greatly.

Updated my journal.
Quest: Find the Source.

josh.jpg
And then you'll be able to locate the original signal?
luc.jpg
Exactly. I've marked on your map where I believe the first amp could possibly be located.

Updated my journal.
Quest: Destroy the Amplifiers.

josh.jpg
Thank you. Anything else?
luc.jpg
Well, thanks to you, we now know the location of the Marada race. Though, I don't advise traversing there until you are ready. You'll need the best equipment and loads of experience before you can defeat the queen.

Updated my journal.
Quest: The Marada.

josh-mad.jpg
I see. And what about the other races?
luc.jpg
Luckily, we know that the gluttonous nature of the Dredans will have them settle nearby mineral-rich mines. We don't know their exact location, but we know the sectors in which they operate. I've marked them on your map. Dredans are numerous, however, if we destroy their commercial routes by assaulting their caravans, eventually they'll be forced to find a new planet for business.

Updated my journal.
Quest: The Dredans.

josh-grin.jpg
Thanks for the tips, Lucille! I'll get started on this now!
luc.jpg
Good luck, Nelson. Make sure to check back later. The king sent out several groups of scouts to look for the other alien colonies.
josh-grin.jpg
Thank you, Lucille. You are helpful as always.
josh-mad.jpg
(I should prepare my team before moving out. Perhaps Rumi and Bellamy can provide more of their creations before we head out...)

Hospital

rumi.jpg
Good day, Nelson.
josh.jpg
Have you produced any more lifegivers?
rumi.jpg
Yes! Here, take it.
josh.jpg
Thanks a lot. This really helps!
rumi.jpg
I'm glad to be of assistance.

Hangar

josh.jpg
(Tom's walking around the various vehicles, lost in his thoughts. I wonder if I should talk to him?)
tom.jpg
Nelson.
josh.jpg
What are you doing here, Tom?
tom.jpg
Huh? Oh, you mean in this hangar... Well, I was always passionate about vehicles. Before entering the army, I was a pro-racer.
josh.jpg
A pro racer?
tom.jpg
Yes, don't tell me you've never seen a hovercraft race! My nickname was Red Thunder!
josh.jpg
Sorry, I'm not familiar with that name.
tom.jpg
God, I miss those times so much. Look at me now, stuck on this forsaken planet, fighting an impossible battle...
05.jpg

josh.jpg
(He looks depressed, maybe I can cheer him up if I lie about remembering his glory days.) Ah yes! Now I remember...
tom.jpg
You remember?
josh-grin.jpg
Yes, Red Thunder. I remember your races...
tom.jpg
I see. My hovercraft was painted in red and ...?
josh.jpg
Uh...

Relationship Change -5 Tom Shatz

tom-mad.jpg
You don't need to lie to me. I don't expect everyone to know who I was or even have an interest in hovercraft racing.
josh.jpg
I'm sorry.
tom-mad.jpg
The first rule as leader is to never lie to your subordinates, not even to please them. Otherwise they won't trust your decisions later.
josh.jpg
(Whatever.) Thanks, I'll remember it. I'm going now. See you.

Training Center.

josh.jpg
Rebecca, I'd like to start a training course.
reb.jpg
Very well, follow me.
06.jpg

For every Colony Energy spent, you can increase four skills by one point depending on which Training Programs you picked. This could help power level certain characters, or maybe hit that armor / weapon requirement which you sorely needed. I decided to spend all colony energy upgrading Nelson's Offensive Psi Powers five times.

Harm 61 > 66
Disrupt 25 > 30
Fatigue 25 > 30
Shock 25 > 30

The Bar.

josh.jpg
(There's Philipp.) Hey, Philipp.
phil.jpg
So Joshua, have you come to question me?
josh.jpg
About what?
phil.jpg
The usual! Do you have someone? How you ended up here? What were you doing before joining the army? But most importantly... Do you want me to buy you another drink?

:lol:

Despite my best efforts to hold back a laugh, I let out a small chuckle.

phil-grin.jpg
Hey, at least I made you laugh. It's already a progress!
08.jpg

josh-grin.jpg
(He's in a good mood. I should get to know him better.) All right. Start answering then!
phil.jpg
josh-grin.jpg
Seriously. But please skip the last question, because the answer is NO.

Relationship Change +10 Philipp Koenig

phil-grin.jpg
Haha. All right. Listen...I don't have anyone. I ended here...
phil.jpg
...because I don't have anyone.

:lol:

josh-grin.jpg
(Well, that doesn't surprise me at all!)
phil.jpg
Before? I was a bounty hunter.
josh.jpg
A bounty hunter?!
phil.jpg
Yeah, relax. I was hunting aliens with Lithuanian Hitmen. Well, mostly.
josh.jpg
(Killing people for credits...damn, Phil!) I wonder how you were able to join the army!
phil.jpg
Well, you know, a few years ago the Empire was desperate to find new recruits, so...
josh.jpg
Yeah, they must've been very desperate! Anyway, I need to go now. Err... 'nice' talking with you.
josh.jpg
(Him a bounty hunter? That's a surprise, I should try to find out more..)

Relaxation Lounge.

josh.jpg
(There's Michelle.)
mic.jpg
Hi, Joshua. I hope you haven't come here to scold me again!
josh-grin.jpg
Haha no. I was just following your advice and trying to relax. And at the same time, I was interested in knowing you better.
mic.jpg
Oh, that's great. I've always wanted to talk with you in private.
josh.jpg
Really? Why?
mic.jpg
I... wanted to know the reasons behind your decision to side with the King.
10.jpg

josh.jpg
(How could I betray the Emperor?) Because I felt it was the right decision. I trusted my instinct on this!
mic-mad.jpg
Your instinct?! Come on! You put the whole destiny of the colony and perhaps humanity at risk based on your instinct?!
josh-mad.jpg
Yes, Michelle. And you know why?
mic-mad.jpg
Enlighten me.
josh-mad.jpg
When we met Queen Shiler, she said I was the most resistant to her spell. When I regained conciousness, she said I might really be the descendant of John Nelson.
mic.jpg
Oh...that's true..
josh-mad.jpg
Perhaps I am more than meets the eye. Do you not see the results that we've achieved based on my decisions?

Relationship Change +10 Michelle Lafleur

mic.jpg
I am sorry, Nelson- err I mean Joshua. I apologize for questioning your skills.
josh-mad.jpg
No offense taken, Michelle. But nothing happens by chance. We are what we make. Our actions shape our destiny, always remember this. Everything has a purpose, Michelle. So the Emperor ordains.
mic.jpg
You're right, Joshua. You're really a wise leader!
josh.jpg
Thank you. I need to go now, but it was nice talking with you.

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
The fight when you choose the Prince is way more difficult than those marada alien chicks. You fight 3 robots with a special attack that nullifies all psionics for 3 turns. If your psionic attacks fail in the first turn, you're toast. I had to save/reload to remove one robot without losing a party member, after that it was easier.

Pft. Lies. I breezed through that fight in my first try. :troll: Used a single psionic harm that managed to miss. What, didn't you outfit your crew properly? :M

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Training Center.

josh.jpg
Rebecca, I'd like to start a training course.
reb.jpg
Very well, follow me.
06.jpg

For every Colony Energy spent, you can increase four skills by one point depending on which Training Programs you picked. This could help power level certain characters, or maybe hit that armor / weapon requirement which you sorely needed. I decided to spend all colony energy upgrading Nelson's Offensive Psi Powers five times.

Harm 61 > 66
Disrupt 25 > 30
Fatigue 25 > 30
Shock 25 > 30

Bear in mind that you cannot train any skill past 100 this way. So if when you're nearing that mark, maybe you should focus on some other training area. :salute:

RK47

Patron
Yeah, but training forgo social interaction with Fox...so I'm a little bit torn. All the grenade / lifegiver also means I'm losing interaction with these guys. I'm kinda confused why they put this sort of C&C. But let's see if I'm good enough tonight. I'm starting to want to play this more than ME3. ;)

Hirato

Purse-Owner
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Yeah, but training forgo social interaction with Fox...so I'm a little bit torn. All the grenade / lifegiver also means I'm losing interaction with these guys. I'm kinda confused why they put this sort of C&C.

You're given more than enough chances to see all the events with the various characters, even if you constantly beggar bellany and rumi for their respective items.
If they're not there, just talk to someone else for a bit or fight somewhere, they'll show up soon enough.

RK47

Patron
The fucking Harm misses annoys me to no end. It says 70% but it seems like I'm starting at 50-50% instead. If it hits, we'll cruise to a dead target and make our numbers count. If it misses, prepare to play heals and consumables.

Also:

jack1974 said:
The fact is simple: it's Steam who decides which games goes in their portal. I obviously submitted Planet Stronghold since I thought it would have been a good fit (RPG/sci-fi) but they played it and after evaluating it they rejected it

I'd like to have it on Steam, but beside submitting it I can't do much else. I'm pissed because I think it would do well and I see some games published on Steam that, honestly, are inferior / less original than mine. Well, maybe with Loren I'll have more luck (but I don't think).

If you really want, you could start a Steam petition in forums. I know other indies got on Steam after showing that a lots of players are interested in playing their games. But I believe you'd need a few hundred of supporters, so that's not easy task.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom