Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mass Effect: Andromeda Pre-Release Thread

Rev

Arcane
Well, media in 'kwa was and is retarded on both pro-guns, anti-sex cuckersavtive spectrum, and anti-guns, pro sex and degeneracy librul one. Then again, I prefer retarded moral panic over LGBTBBQ degenerate agenda any day.
Well, if you make it that way, I kind of agree. It would be better to get rid of both the retarded sides, but people labeling everyone and everything as racist/sexist/whatever are definetely more annoying (and, ironically, are usually sexist/racist themselves), and I say that as someone who always felt more of a leftist than a conservative before these last years in which most left-leaning parties/politicians went completely retarded.

warpig

Incel Resistance Leader
Manlet
Bioware is the only development studio that outright promotes this sort of degeneracy, not even CD projekt, where the fucking is much more prevalent in their games, panders to these sick fucks.
Witcher has good ol' cis, heterosexual fucking...not really the same thing as fucking creepy looking aliens or fagging around like a total faggot xD

RRRrrr

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I just remembered that 5 or 6 years ago mass effect threads were in General Gaming and not in the RPG forum. It was such a glorious time. Bioware does not belong in the prestigious RPG forum.

It's funny considering that when Mass Effect 1 was out, people were bitching about lesbian romance in-game lol
I think they made asari only to make that romance happen
Didn't even News television talk about it back then?

Those were more innocent times.

That debate was still retarded though (the woman on the left particularly), just in a different way than today's discussions.
I still remember every time a GTA came out and there would be the discussion about violence in videogames with idiots claiming, without any evidence, that killing people and breaking the law in a game would made you a killer in real life.

They were so wrong unfortunately games just made us lazy bitter old fucks with man boobs a drug problem and agoraphobia.

Taskityo

Educated
They should have made one of these a companion or PC:

latest

latest

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
They should have made several of the alien races playable. Humans, Turians, Asari and Krogan would be enough. They'd need different voice actors for each though and EA is too cheap for that.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Persona 5, nier, horizons zero dawn, nioh... That's some mighty competitive for mass effect this quarter.

Not sure they will pull the same numbers as previous games.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
Persona 5, nier, horizons zero dawn, nioh... That's some mighty competitive for mass effect this quarter.

Not sure they will pull the same numbers as previous games.

I'm surprised by complete lack of marketing, though. This "Meet the Pathfinder" nonsense is just that - nonsense - and I can only imagine EA is saving the hard-hitting ad campaign for the last two weeks or something. Provided they haven't given up.

Last edited:

RRRrrr

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I'm surprised by complete lack of marketing, though. This "Meet the Pathfinder" nonsense is just that - nonsense - and I can only imagine EA is saving the hard-hitting ad campaign for the last two weeks or something. Provided they haven't given up.
Nah, they are proably trying their best but are just that incompetent.

donkeymong

Scholar
They should have made several of the alien races playable. Humans, Turians, Asari and Krogan would be enough. They'd need different voice actors for each though and EA is too cheap for that.
Was possible in the multiplayer and a reason that is was the best part of Me3. It even had Batarians, Drell, Geth and Quarians.

sullynathan

Arcane
The combat actually looks fun. They finally brought back individual recharging powers and they found a mix for recharging weapons and physical ammo and brought back weapon holstering.

Lazing Dirk

Arcane

At 0:30, what is it with them not animating potato lady's face? She blinks, but aside from that there appears to be absolutely no facial animation, and she just holds the same EEEEEEE expression throughout the short few seconds we see of her. Why do they keep choosing to include such awful scenes in their official videos? Surely this isn't the finest example of GENUINE HUMAN INTERACTION they could find. It's fucking terrible. First the disarm scene with her droopy face and dopey grin (?), and now she's not even doing anything. 10-year-old lip synching looks better than this. BUT IT'S GOING TO SELL LIKE CRAZY ANYWAY. I'M SO MAD.

Frozen

Arcane
Animations are on Bethesda level now
They stole fire stream from TW3
This game is just one big copy-paste...they were so lazy to even change level up screen from ME3 lol

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Vatnik In My Safe Space
Make the Codex Great Again!
I thought the combat in ME was just fine. This is probably just fine as well. I can't get excited over combat in Mass Effect. There are just way better games if you want great combat.

Those facial animations, though.. look just as spastic as ever. I'm sure the combat will be fine, ME combat was always fine and had plenty of awesomebuttons.

But that's the thing, I never could tell by watching trailers or gameplay videos of Mass Effect, I had to try the game to actually find out. Videos and trailers don't tell me anything useful on how fun or good it is to play the game.

I'll try it when the GOTY is out. Hype is at near zero thanks to ME2 and ME3.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom