Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mass Effect: Andromeda Pre-Release Thread

pippin

Judging from the thumbnail, it seems they have retouched the asari character. It still looks like shit but it has a vague female-ish air now instead of just 1000% tranny.

Jarmaro

Liturgist
Hair looks like in Inquisition, makes me sick already.
"I am Archon. Surrender or Burn" I knew they want to play it easy, but so generic villian is annoying as fuck.
Most of this trailer looks like blockbuster movie trailer.
Krogan is probably only fan service. It's good if you listne to fans, but this is crapulence.

Btw, you say they will close Bioware beceause Inquisition didn't make money? I thought they are making so shitty games beceause it sales, I didn't think they are really that incompetent.

pippin

Sadly we're only reading between lines when we say EA should kill Bio. There's money to be made in the videogame industry so sales numbers are kept in secret almost always. Compare this situation with the film industry, which accepts its failures quite openly.

mastroego

Arcane
lol, so the protagonist is a white male who makes out with a white female sex bomb while the black man is only there to play the token sidekick?
:incline:
So folks at Bioware are patriarchal racists just like codexers except they don't know it, right? Or perhaps it has just to do with, you know, sales?

Durian Eater

Learned
Inquisition outsold DA2 and DAO.

When did Bioware ever release sales numbers for DA:I? Only official thing I ever saw from them was some puffery (with no numbers) about how it had lots of preorders. But so did DA2.

If the game sold like gangbusters, I assume sales figures would have been forthcoming.

pippin

I've said this before but I will never get tired of repeating it. EA and Bio claim it was the best launch for any of their games since they became associates, but on release day, a fucking Link Amiibo was on top of DAI at Amazon.

pippin

The only number that could be held as indicative of anything is one they released in January 2015, with over two million dragons slain.

sullynathan

Arcane
Inquisition outsold DA2 and DAO.

When did Bioware ever release sales numbers for DA:I? Only official thing I ever saw from them was some puffery (with no numbers) about how it had lots of preorders. But so did DA2.

If the game sold like gangbusters, I assume sales figures would have been forthcoming.

VG charts is pretty good

Jarmaro

Liturgist
The only number that could be held as indicative of anything is one they released in January 2015, with over two million dragons slain.
I remember someone posting money they made on each DA, DA2 made 30% less than DA:O and Inqusition made much more than DA:O.

EDIT: Found this:

Total sales of both games as of July 22nd:
DAO 3.79 million, .39 million PC
DA2 1.45 million, .29 million PC

A better comparison is the first ten weeks following launch of the games. DAO had already sold 2.5 million, and DA2 barely made half that.

Freddie

Savant
Haven't seen it there

Looks like AI will be implanted into our brain
Okay, either this confirms that there's no trace of the Reapers in that part of galaxy, or they have set up their course towards gigantic plot hole.

Freddie

Savant
Prime Junta, Sullynathan. Well, shit, I shouldn't post when I'm tired.

Still, I just have this picture in my head, where BW writers just couldn't leave this game without some sort of 'Reaper mystery tech', which would of course fuck up everyone with that implant in their head and their ship AI... Might be actually fun to follow, might actually even pay for that sort of game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom