Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mass Effect: Andromeda Pre-Release Thread

RangerBoo

Arcane
The Homeless Paradise of Washington State
The YouTube comments are fantastic. Even those degenerates hate it
Really? All I have been seeing is the usual suspects; the perverted lonely fangirls, console kiddies and Bioware shills, defending the fuck out of this game(and attacking PC users for some reason) . Then again there is a good possibility that Bioware and the gaming journalist shills like IGN, Kotaku, Destrutoid, ect, are getting rid "problematic" posts from their videos regarding Mass Effect: Andromeda.

Oh Bioware, EA and your shills. You can't run away and hid from us forever.

donkeymong

Scholar
Holy shit that IGN video was atrocious.
They had to delete negative comments with 700 likes and more,lol. Braindead ai, retarded dialogue, the handholding and a boring landscape. This is too much,even for Biodrones.

Last edited:

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
The "female characters can't be too attractive, because that would trigger REAL wymyn" doctrine is just so pathetically obvious in this one. The characters behaving and speaking like sixteen-year-olds having a Skype meet is how we make them RELATABLE.

I don't want to see characters who remind me of me in computer games. If I did, I'd end up with a simulator in which some sourpuss misanthrope spends far too much time hammering away at his hipster tenkeyless Filco mechanical keyboard for the noble purpose of winning arguments with other dweebs about completely inconsequential garbage. I want to see a 6'7" ripped spaceman blasting aliens while screaming politically incorrect obscenities at the top of his lungs.

Starwars

Arcane
That video just looked... really boring and soulless.

I was at least expecting terrible, cinematic conversations to laugh at. But that was just boring.

Old Hans

Arcane

17 minutes of the ugly Asari's loyality mission.
But Jesus is this shit. The stunt she pulls - she should be shot for it. Also hostile environment and no armor on the companions. And mission itself is pretty much a bland corridor shooter.

:d1p:

Edit: Also the AI of the enemies in terrible they just stand in place and let you kill them. The diffuculty comes from the fact they are sponges. Awesome design.

Not to mention the scanning sections - they are trying to be Witcher 3, but aren't giving any flavour to make those scanning sections at least somewhat bearable.

And the retarded dialogue. Trully a Bioware masterpiece.

those companion animations look like they're right out of some mid 2000's mmorpg

Quillon

Arcane
Isn't the gap between the PC's thighs too wide? Looks like a turian. Very unnatural overall, so tiny waist & legs starting from stomach......whatever:

Jarmaro

Liturgist
Isn't the gap between the PC's thighs too wide? Looks like a turian. Very unnatural overall, so tiny waist & legs starting from stomach......whatever:
They were supposed to look like that in original trilogy, but bioware said technical difficulties stoped them.

RoBoBOBR

Arcane
Patron
G0dt29CnguU.png

Seari

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Holy shit, what a massive hamplanet. Would not want to upset her, she has the power to create earthquakes.

Lord Carlos Wafflebum

Aspiring Infinitron
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
The YouTube comments are fantastic. Even those degenerates hate it
Really? All I have been seeing is the usual suspects; the perverted lonely fangirls, console kiddies and Bioware shills, defending the fuck out of this game(and attacking PC users for some reason) . Then again there is a good possibility that Bioware and the gaming journalist shills like IGN, Kotaku, Destrutoid, ect, are getting rid "problematic" posts from their videos regarding Mass Effect: Andromeda.

Oh Bioware, EA and your shills. You can't run away and hid from us forever.

That's unfortunate. When I watched it yesterday the negative comments wildly drowned out any support, and most "supportive" comments were half-hearted.

moon knight

Matt7895's alt
I can't find one preview that seems honest about this game. All preview either are "OMG combat fun!!1!" or "OMG combat fun!!1!".

Freddie

Savant

17 minutes of the ugly Asari's loyality mission.
But Jesus is this shit. The stunt she pulls - she should be shot for it. Also hostile environment and no armor on the companions. And mission itself is pretty much a bland corridor shooter.

:d1p:

Edit: Also the AI of the enemies in terrible they just stand in place and let you kill them. The diffuculty comes from the fact they are sponges. Awesome design.

Not to mention the scanning sections - they are trying to be Witcher 3, but aren't giving any flavour to make those scanning sections at least somewhat bearable.

And the retarded dialogue. Trully a Bioware masterpiece.

Not only that, but weapons are really gimped (not or not leveled up). How long player spent time shooting? Compare that to time he spent on reloading and switching weapons. Idea to adapt to different battlefield situations is good, but implementation slows pace down. Tech combos didn't appear to be that powerful either, but then I think skills were only on level 3 or so.

If there's anything positive to say, there were six enemy units simultaneously in combat map at one point, that's most of I have seen in any video. ME3 had 8 units cap though, IIRC, so in that regard there's a lot to improve. NPC squad mates actually are able to do something (Krogan stripping some health first and then finishing with melee).

EDIT: At one corridor near the end of video sniper rifle was actually useful.

Something else... environment looks good, but still...

Freddie

Savant
I can't find one preview that seems honest about this game. All preview either are "OMG combat fun!!1!" or "OMG combat fun!!1!".
What?

I just recently finished re-playing Saints Row IV (2013). So what I had there.... Fast, independent cooldowns on abilities. On main campaign there was 8 (10 if you include occasional air support) enemies cap on how many were on map simultaneously, but it did at the same time while running all the pedestrians and vehicle traffic in the city.

I could jump up up in the air, float and rain down rockets on enemies, dive and knock everyone from their feet and then burn them with fire! Or just shoot them into face and that was a valid approach too because headshots like matter. Now that is fun and considering the uh... story, even makes sense in setting.

The point however is, that Volition did that by tweaking their engine from SR 3 (2011). I don't know, BioWare used Unreal engine in first 3 titles and now Frostbyte, which is supposed to be current state of the art what comes to engines. Not only because it looks good, but supposedly should scale very well for having lot of enemies, effects, whatever in map simultaneously.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
This keeps getting better... Bioware announced that they were no longer doing the multi-player beta test...

I wonder if the game truly is so fucked up that they can't risk an mp beta for fear of all those canceled pre orders.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom