Tacticular Cancer: We'll have your balls

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Mass Effect: Andromeda Pre-Release Thread

Discussion in 'BioWare Corporation' started by Space Satan, Jul 27, 2014.

1. Make America Great Again Blaine Cis-Het Oppressor

Blaine
    Parrots:
    Click here and disable ads!
    I have nuBioWare's number. That testimony neatly confirms my earlier post about mismanagement at BioWare and their cancerous corporate culture.

Granted, it's been a long time since I've subjected myself to close contact with politically correct liberal dweebs—and back then SJWism hadn't yet metastasized into full-blown cancer—but I know these types of people very well.

By and large, they're emotional children. They are self-centered, petty, snippy, back-biting, clique-forming, high school-tier drama queens of the highest order.

The main difference between a BioWare employee and a Tumblrina at this point is that the BioWare employee actually has a job. In fact, NeoFAG turned into its own version of Tumblr years ago, because game developers caught the SJW cancer and jobless SJWs no doubt now do all of the moderating over there. A long time ago, NeoFAG wasn't a complete dumpster fire, hard as that is to believe now.

• Agree Agree x 4
    ^ Top  
  2. Make America Great Again Infinitron Trade Master Patron

Infinitron
    Parrots:
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    wot

• Funny Funny x 8
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • it is a mystery it is a mystery x 3
    • Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  3. J1M Arcane

J1M
    Parrots:
    It is illegal for someone to take responsibility in modern society. Also illegal to blame someone.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Informative Informative x 2
    ^ Top  
  4. TheSentinel Arbiter

TheSentinel
    Parrots:
    put 200 landwhales and nu-males on a team, they get pissed off and drama between them ensues because they can't handle their fee fees and act like grown ups

what's new here exactly?

• Funny Funny x 5
    • it is a mystery it is a mystery x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. Make America Great Again Blaine Cis-Het Oppressor

Blaine
    Parrots:
    I JUST SAID THAT, ORIGINAL CONTENT DO NOT STEAL!!!!!!

• Acknowledge this user's Agenda Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Old Old x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. pippin GOD MOD ENABLED

pippin
    Parrots:
    They probably don't know the word "nepotism".

• Funny Funny x 4
    ^ Top  
  7. PirateScum Educated

PirateScum
    Parrots:
    Deus Ex: HR makes so much more sense, now!

• Funny Funny x 2
    ^ Top  
  8. Make America Great Again Lambchop19 Arcane

Lambchop19
    Parrots:
    Wow. Everything looks better in that leaked footage. Not just facial animations, but textures, lighting, particle effects. In the final build you can hardly tell that thing the krogan is holding is even a gas grenade. It looks like he's holding some sort of weird alien fruit.

• Agree Agree x 8
    ^ Top  
  9. Glaucon Learned

Glaucon
    Parrots:
    Sounds like the Codex.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  10. anduin Arbiter

anduin
    Parrots:
    #makeBiowaregreatagain

• incline incline x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. Glaucon Learned

Glaucon
    Parrots:
    #BIOXET

^ Top  
  12. TheSentinel Arbiter

TheSentinel
    Parrots:
    BioWare was never great. BG2 was a pure stroke of luck. Everything after has ranged from mediocre to shit.
    Even BG2 is overrated.

• Edgy x 12
    • Agree x 5
    • Brofist x 4
    • Salute x 4
    • Disagree x 2
    • Shit x 2
    • Prestigious x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • retadred x 1
    • :M x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. pippin GOD MOD ENABLED

pippin
    Parrots:
    Biodrones have nowhere to run away from now though...

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. Repulsive Self-Ejected Patron

Self-Ejected
    Parrots:
    ^ Top  
  15. Lord Haw Haw Educated

Lord Haw Haw
    Parrots:
    This game should've been a slam dunk. I love geeky episodic Trekish sci-fi. I never played the original ME games simply because I found the art style drab and monochromatic. When the first screenshots started leaking out for this game showing the ships, planet landscapes, spacesuits, weapons, etc.. I thought, okay, I might be all in for this one. I liked the colorful art design. It had a ST:TMP meets Space 1999 meets the Thunderbirds vibe (they got the Thunderbirds animation right). "This might be the one" I thought. Baby's first Mass Effect. It didn't need to be deep... It didn't need to be Planescape Torment in space. Just good, shallow, competently written, casual sci-fi fun.

Strike one: Dickbag racist developer trolling the customer base with his twitter account.
    Strike two: Derpy faces on the female characters for the sake of sticking it to the "beautiful people" (which I would've laughed off if it weren't for...)
    Strike three: Tumbler fanfic quality writing and dialogue.
    Strike four: Phoned in VO acting.
    Strike five: Incompetent animation.

I could've lived with the game and it's bugs and dopey faces if it simply weren't for strikes one and three. That's right, I've got a pretty high threshold for bullshit (years of playing Bethesda games will do that).

So, Bioware, you blew it. The last game of yours that I bought on release day was Jade Empire. I was the perfect mark for a sale and you fucked it up because of some shithead employee's big mouth and a staff of writers who didn't even try. This game could've been the one to make me even dip my toe into one of the earlier ME games, but we'll never know now, will we?

But thanks for the laughs all the same.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    • incline incline x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. MRY Prestigious Gentleman Wormwood Studios Developer

MRY
    Parrots:

The problem isn't with the animations, it's with your perception of how faces actually work.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Funny x 14
    • :M x 4
    • Brofist x 2
    • hopw roewur ne x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • decline x 1
    • Despair x 1
    • Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. Ismaul Arcane Patron

Ismaul
    Parrots:
    Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
    I'm guessing it's about either being a bro and crunching the time and shutting up or not being a bro and complaining like a sissy girl. Are a bro enough to slave away your life? I mean you chose to work in games, fun shit, your dream, don't you like doing more of it? Oh no big boy gonna cry?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. Make America Great Again Blaine Cis-Het Oppressor

Blaine
    Parrots:
    You clearly weren't paying attention to the saga of BioWare between the release of ME1 and DA:I. That's not a personal attack, mind you; you're better off having missed all of it.

The important takeaway here is that SJWs cannot into humor or fun. Humorless preaching, identity politics shoehorning, and childish nonsense that's utterly tone deaf to normal human social interaction is the best you can expect.

Anyway, no one can blame the voice actors for phoning it in given the material they had to work with.

• Agree Agree x 5
    ^ Top  
  19. Glaucon Learned

Glaucon
    Parrots:
    Now just imagine those carefully picked keyframes, but that's the whole animation with a few robotic deadpans thrown in for good measure. (Or, maybe she's just a bad actress?)

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. Make America Great Again Clockwork Knight Arcane

Clockwork Knight
    Parrots:
    :timetoburn:

Paragon/Renegade system would be useful now.

• Please be gentle.
    • We'll bang, ok?
    • You will call me Commander.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Excited! Excited! x 2
    ^ Top  
  21. Ismaul Arcane Patron

Ismaul
    Parrots:
    Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
    This woman's overacting as an example of normal human facial expressions. ehhhhhh

:deadtroll:

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Funny Funny x 4
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Despair Despair x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. Make America Great Again Blaine Cis-Het Oppressor

Blaine
    Parrots:
    Typical librul "logic" and "evidence" detected.

A character's entire facial animation routine over the course of a five-minute cutscene should not bear a constant resemblance to several split-second, mid-blink, mid-shout freeze frames of an actual actor.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    • it is a mystery it is a mystery x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. KILLER BEAR Educated

KILLER BEAR
    Parrots:
    ^Some of these are probably mid-animation, too.

edit: That was supposed to go under Ismaul's post

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. Cudgel Learned Patron

Cudgel
    Parrots:
    Star Effect : Voyager ?

Sounds like they share all the same problems, especially story-wise, although the gameplay in Voyager was a bit better.

^ Top  
  25. MRY Prestigious Gentleman Wormwood Studios Developer

MRY
    Parrots:
    Yes, everything about the Tweet is a masterpiece of absurdity -- I mean, the bedrock proposition is that people have gone their whole lives looking at absurd facial expressions and only just noticed it now in ME:A, and meanwhile things like Exorcist neck swivels and and anti-gravity molasses liquor are coincidentally also off... (Obviously, the fact that he picked out particularly ridiculous frames from a weird looking actress's over-delivery of a speech to a crowd is there, too, but that's a secondary point.) I did like the "look in the mirror, this is how you look, too."

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Salute Salute x 1
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)