Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Information Mass Effect 3: Citadel Announced

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
The suicide mission was a GREAT (but highly flawed) design. I actually hope a competent cRPG dev team would use that concept in a game properly.

RPGMaster

Savant
Yeah I didn't much like the first one. It was OK. I did however greatly enjoy the second one. It's a fun action game to me, with a goofy B Movie plot. And that's about it.
I'm the opposite. I really liked the first one. Well I liked the idea of the first. Role-playing an operative in a semi-secret organization ripe for abuse of powers with a universe inspired by Star Trek/Babylon 5? Yes please.

I sort of like the second one because I enjoyed the idea of building a team to go on a mission, if you actually choice in the make up of the team, I would have really liked it I think.

Didn't you already do this in the first one?

ME2 needless reset button.

Erebus

Arcane
We need somebody to LP this. Somebody whose sanity is either very resilient or too damaged already to ever recover.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Nope. I ain't paying $16 for a dating DLC.

racofer

Thread Incliner
Nope. I ain't paying $16 for a dating DLC.

who said to ya neethin bout payin

f0vzNPv.jpg

RK47

Patron
I already lost the save game when I migrated to a new system.
There's no way I'm gonna fucking replay the whole thing again just to reach the Citadel DLC

RK47

Patron
Though I reinstalled it to play the Online Co-Op mode. Turian Havoc is pretty fun.

Tytus

Arcane

The multiplayer is ok, but only when you have someone you know to play with. Playing on your own with some random retards is just bad. More often than not, players are assholes and won't complete timed tasks just to get more kill points, because they know there will be one person that doesn't want the entire session to fail and will do it for them.

Regarding the Citadel DLC - I'm actually looking forward to it. Mass Effect with all it's flaws is still better than SW EU and what it devolved into. I always liked ME but more for the setting and overall "mushed all kinds of sci-fi potatoes together" feel rather than actual gameplay. So yeah. I will be a moron and will buy it.

:balance:

l3loodAngel

Proud INTJ
Patron
Edgy
So sue me, I love Sci-Fi. We just don't get many Sci-Fi (as in spaceships and stuff) much. And Mass Effect did fill that void for me, until they turned it into Mass Call of Duty Effect. Fucking BioWare.

We didn't get anything until lately and that could be said almost about any kind of RPG. But still, Biowarean C&C, dialogue and fixation on romances? You have a big void to fill...

Deleted member 7219

I like the idea of chilling on the Citadel while people are being slaughtered back on Earth.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Seems strangely fitting since that citadel is nothing but a humongous space penis built to impregnate that "crucible" thingy.

Tytus

Arcane
I like the idea of chilling on the Citadel while people are being slaughtered back on Earth.

Yes, because every WW2 soldier from an occupied country was a complete monster when he went to catch a break. He should've been fighting 24/7. Fuck your logic.

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
And boy, was it gay. The only thing it lacked was the Village People.

Oesophagus

Arcane
"The Shephard saga is over"

pile-of-money-psd6129.png

"Who wants a brand new adventure with Shepard and all his bessie mates?"

Deleted member 7219

Microsoft said the Master Chief saga ended with Halo 3. Then Halo 4 came out. I don't think EA will be any different when it comes to Mass Effect.

Oesophagus

Arcane
Microsoft said the Master Chief saga ended with Halo 3. Then Halo 4 came out. I don't think EA will be any different when it comes to Mass Effect.
Why would they end it? It's not like artistic integrity or plot holes were ever a problem for them. Shit, they'll just make Shephard immortal, introduce the REAL reapers and release ME4,5,6

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom