Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mask of the Betrayer '15

Gentle Player

Arcane
I recently played NWN2 OC to completion for the first time. It's one of the few games that I felt was offensive. I was shocked that people seemingly tested and approved that game for release, and that reviewers didn't slaughter them for it. It was an insult to RPG fans; while playing I could almost hear those responsible for the abomination chuckling amongst themselves: "the gaming industry has no standards; cRPGs are basically dead; reviewers are corrupt and don't even play games - let's just feed the fans complete and utter shit and call it a day, there won't be any repercussions." Whoever designed Act 1, cast the voice actress for Neeshka, and was in charge of writing the dialogue responses (I could care less!) should be rewarded with a lifetime ban of working in any creative field.

MotB suffers from similar problems to the OC (terrible combat, camera, and control), shackled as it is to the NWN2 engine, but it's a much better experience overall. It's the only RPG I've played where Evil options aren't embarrassingly juvenile nonsense to be avoided at all cost. In fact I've yet to even take a Good playthrough, which is testament to how compelling Evil is in MotB.

The spirit eating is great and a large part of what makes MotB infinitely superior to OC. If anything, I would make the mechanic more punitive.

Ivan

Arcane
not bringing Gann with me to the dreamscape was a huge mistake
cryinggob.jpg

Seari

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Why not bring all five companions? You're playing it on easy I believe, so you clearly don't care about fucking up the "balance".

Athelas

Arcane
I recently played NWN2 OC to completion for the first time. It's one of the few games that I felt was offensive. I was shocked that people seemingly tested and approved that game for release, and that reviewers didn't slaughter them for it. It was an insult to RPG fans; while playing I could almost hear those responsible for the abomination chuckling amongst themselves: "the gaming industry has no standards; cRPGs are basically dead; reviewers are corrupt and don't even play games - let's just feed the fans complete and utter shit and call it a day, there won't be any repercussions." Whoever designed Act 1, cast the voice actress for Neeshka, and was in charge of writing the dialogue responses (I could care less!) should be rewarded with a lifetime ban of working in any creative field.
If they had got that ban, they would have never made MoTB. :M

ArchAngel

Arcane
So the evil jerks like Spirit Eater while the rest don't. Noted.
Keep telling yourself all the lies that you need, brah.
That is how the world works after all, everyone is telling themselves what the want to hear. Just like people that enjoy being evil jerks in cRPGs. And they enjoy it even more when the game supports its more with special mechanics.

Rostere

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 RPG Wokedex Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

And to think that in spite of this NWN 2 OC was actually pretty good compared with other RPGs of the era.

hiver

No True Scotsman™

Not even that, just a stupid strawman because it found its little niche to wallow in, like any incoherent cretin does once his idiocy is exposed, a niche of being a blatant stupid shit.

Keep telling yourself all the lies that you need, brah.
That is how the world works after all, everyone is telling themselves what the want to hear.
No shit moron? Everyone are same as you? A stupid empty turd?

Just like people that enjoy being evil jerks in cRPGs. And they enjoy it even more when the game supports its more with special mechanics.
What people shitbrain?

The same imaginary people that explained things previously in the thread so you didnt have to?

:lol:

Nael

Arcane

No True Scotsman™

Not even that, just a stupid strawman because it found its little niche to wallow in, like any incoherent cretin does once his idiocy is exposed, a niche of being a blatant stupid shit.

Let's just round it off and say ArchAngel is a live demonstration of what it is to be a logical fallacy.

I mean the guy HAS to be trollin with such a logically inane sentence that it makes my teeth itch.

hiver

of course he is trolling. he cant do anything else so he made trolling his niche schtick to make himself feel good.

like any stupid shit does.

Ivan

Arcane
Conversing with the Sisters of the Coven was MAJOR INCLINE. THIS IS SO GOOD.

But I must ask, who's this Bishop guy? Is he from the OC? Anything important I need to know about him?

Last edited:
Party member from the OC. All you need to know is that he got what he deserved and a million of fangirl tears were shed because of that.

That's how a terrible curse is supposed to work, yes. To bad characters it's a blessing and to good ones it's a problem. Being "cursed" with awesome powers that have no drawback is fanfic territory.

Last edited:

Gentle Player

Arcane
If they had got that ban, they would have never made MoTB. :M

They certainly got their act together then, I honestly thought the designers were different. They hired an editor who could speak English at least - no more "could care less".

But I must ask, who's this Bishop guy? Is he from the OC? Anything important I need to know about him?

A ranger companion who betrayed the party near the end of the game by destroying the gate mechanism at the player's keep, thus allowing hordes of undead to pour in during the siege battle.

Andkat

Educated
He was also chaotic evil and massacred some villages for reasons (which he later pathetically tries to find an excuse for, which makes him far more odious than if he had just been some kind of utterly unrepentant gleeful lunatic).

Black

Arcane
Yeah, making a well done chaotic evil character is as hard as making a decent lawful good one.

ArchAngel

Arcane
of course he is trolling. he cant do anything else so he made trolling his niche schtick to make himself feel good.

like any stupid shit does.
Hiver gonna hiver.
Let's just round it off and say ArchAngel is a live demonstration of what it is to be a logical fallacy.

I mean the guy HAS to be trollin with such a logically inane sentence that it makes my teeth itch.
Considering most people defending the shitty mechanic here were talking about the evil stuff it lets you do and how cool evil they felt doing it, I think only logic fallacy is your existence (sorry, hiver is a bad influence)

And I find it funny how people will accept from whatever lunatic (hiver) if he is supporting their point at that moment.

hoverdog

dog that is hovering, Wastelands Interactive
Developer
Project: Eternity

Considering most people defending the shitty mechanic here were talking about the evil stuff it lets you do and how cool evil they felt doing it, I think only logic fallacy is your existence (sorry, hiver is a bad influence)

And I find it funny how people will accept from whatever lunatic (hiver) if he is supporting their point at that moment.
it's not shitty
and
youa re dumb.

case closed

ArchAngel

Arcane

it's not shitty
and
youa re dumb.

case closed
Yes, you are right. How could I have been so blind for so long. You have opened my sight with this short and wise saying.. dumbass.

Seari

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
I was afraid that having more compas would fuck up the dialogue?
I'm pretty sure it doesn't, but I'm not 100% sure about that.
If you want to try it out, console commands are:

rs ga_party_limit(5)
rs ga_party_add("gann")
You can also recruit him normally.

Conversing with the Sisters of the Coven was MAJOR INCLINE. THIS IS SO GOOD.

He's a companion that always betrays you at the end of OC. You either end up killing him or if you have enough influence with him he just leaves and ends up dying like most of your companions when the place colapses (best ending ever).

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom