Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Malevolence: The Sword of Ahkranox

nomask7

Arcane
1. Does not put required necro gif
2. Does not link to update
3. Replies to last post as if he was part of the original conversation

I commented on the thread in general, I didn't respond to anyone in particular "as if part of the original conversation".

Also, die in fire and stop spamming this thread with your off-topic nonsense.

covr

Prophet
Patron
nomask7 Could you please post some more detailed impressions on this game? Haven't heard about this for a long time, I thought it was released and forgotten eons ago. I am particulary interesed in character development and addictions to the game since... 3 years ago or sth.

nomask7

Arcane
nomask7 Could you please post some more detailed impressions on this game? Haven't heard about this for a long time, I thought it was released and forgotten eons ago. I am particulary interesed in character development and addictions to the game since... 3 years ago or sth.

Sorry, I can't comment on improvements beyond what you can read about on their Steam page. I've only played it for a couple of hours so far - just stumbled upon it today. The early game is (still) brutal, but 'sneaking' around a dungeon and finding better armor or weapons in a chest is all the more rewarding for it. There's some good info on the Steam page though:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/268930/

Also, you can now play without perma death. Not sure if that was the case previously (other than via save-scumming I guess).

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
This game... the dev has some balls, though. Four+ years in early access hell and still no bundle fodder.

Kruno

Arcane
Patron
Village Idiot Zionist Agent Shitposter
It just had a massive update. They are working on the next patch which brings enchantments and a few other niggles. The game has had several mechanical revamps. The dev is working on it as much as he can, and he is quite passionate for his project.

The game is a dungeon crawler, and it never pretends to be anything else. The level scaling issue has been reworked, and the world has different difficulties across different areas of the world. Should you pick this up? How much do you love the game loop? Explore surface for towns and dungeons -> explore dungeon -> too hard? go elsewhere -> level up -> find loot -> sell in town. I like the game, it is turn based, and it offers a nice relaxing crawl. The game isn't complex, so don't pick it up thinking you have a 10+ hour learning curve with insane amounts of mechanics to master.

The game does have a very nice spell making system. Pick a gem holder, and insert gems for different effects to make a spell. I enjoy looting dungeons for gems to make spells with.

nomask7

Arcane
It just had a massive update. They are working on the next patch which brings enchantments and a few other niggles. The game has had several mechanical revamps. The dev is working on it as much as he can, and he is quite passionate for his project.

The game is a dungeon crawler, and it never pretends to be anything else. The level scaling issue has been reworked, and the world has different difficulties across different areas of the world. Should you pick this up? How much do you love the game loop? Explore surface for towns and dungeons -> explore dungeon -> too hard? go elsewhere -> level up -> find loot -> sell in town. I like the game, it is turn based, and it offers a nice relaxing crawl. The game isn't complex, so don't pick it up thinking you have a 10+ hour learning curve with insane amounts of mechanics to master.

The game does have a very nice spell making system. Pick a gem holder, and insert gems for different effects to make a spell. I enjoy looting dungeons for gems to make spells with.

Don't know about relaxing, more like tense. I think one of the main attractions of this game is that you have to be fully focused to survive. The atmosphere is great, almost up there with the best real-time dungeon crawlers (at least if you use the default launcher settings so you can't see far even with a torch).

Also, what I do is I search for towns, which have quests, then I complete some of those quests, especially clearing out quest dungeons. This process can be time-consuming, maybe a bit too much so. I'll probably start doing a lot of free exploration, but maybe the game would benefit from a feature that lets you know the difficulty of the area and specific dungeons via some not-too-effortful manner. I'd recall something like that is being planned, but I'm not sure.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom