Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Majesty 2 sucks massive multi-headed dongs

Technoviking

Novice
I never played Majesty, but I did purchase Majesty 2 about a month ago. I actually quite liked the game.

Graphics
I had no problem at all distinguishing between units or finding buildings. If the OP honestly had problems with that, then he has some massive issues with his eyes, seeing as I have around a 20% eyesight. Since I had no problems distinguishing between the units with my pathetic sight, then I assume 1eyedking is just the typical codexian, going out of his way to find things to fucking whine about. Seriously, there is no fucking way he could have had issues with that unless his eyes are actually worse than mine.

1eyedking: Go cut your fucking arms and post pictures of it on vampire freaks. You're a fucking whiny bitch.

Goes for most of the Codex, though.

Sounds
Never played the original, so no idea how the sounds were back then. All I know is that the sounds didn't hinder my ability in playing the game. I most certainly did not have some fucking scale for how vibrant the unit voices were, but that's just me, I suppose.

Interface
I had no bloody problem at all distinguishing between weapon levels, again with my 20% eyesight. Yet you still had massive issues throughout the game trying to figure out what the fuck your units were carrying. I'm assuming you're not fucking blind, and again assuming you just like being a whiny fucking bitch.

I also had no problems at all with getting my heroes to explore anything. I could lay down exploration flags like there was no tomorrow. I had fucking dozens of them up at some points. Is that a smart tactic? I have no fucking clue. I just know it worked and was easy as fuck to do.

I can't remember the minimap being a problem either.

Gameplay
I liked the defense and fear flags. If they aren't needed, then don't use them. I also had no issues with the heroes losing their items during transformation. The new units were ridiculously more powerful regardless. Even with losing all their equipment, they were still massive upgrades.

I can't see how hero squads are a problem. Unfaithful to exactly whom? Perhaps I need to be part of some crazy cult following to understand this one. I can't even remember who the developers are, so needless to say, I'm not one of those 'faithful'. I most certainly did not feel cheated and violated due to the implementation of hero groups.

As to the game being slow... why the fuck are you complaining about that when you have the speed slider? Why the fuck are you even complaining about the speed slider? You complain about the speed and then you complain about the solution to that issue? In this case, I admit I may be missing something due to the fact that I did not play the original Majesty.

As to the graveyard... resurrecting heroes was usually bloody expensive, if I remember correctly. At least if you wanted to resurrect the good ones.

I also had no issues with my heroes. My scout units often ran into the middle of monster camps to explore them without trouble. I lost several scouts trying to scout through the vampire territories in one of the latter missions. Most of my units were shopaholics and I can't remember that thing about the wizards being a problem.

So am I a raging fanboy? No, I give the game maybe a 6.5 or a 7... which I think is a pretty decent score, to be honest. It kept me entertained for a couple of weeks.

Your complaints were just completely retarded, and so fucking typical for a Codexian. Create a massive thread just to whine like the fucking, bitter pussies you are.

You're a whiny cunt, 1eyedking, you just are. You're the type that loves to feel victimized and bitter.

Krash

Arcane
I always wanted to type Butthurt detected

Also, what is the time limit where bumping a thread counts as NECROMANCY?

Technoviking

Novice
Krash said:
I always wanted to type Butthurt detected

Cut the crap, the dude is complaining about not seeing something I can see. It's near impossible to have a worse eye-sight than I do and still be able to function normally in the real world. I'm at the fucking limits of what is considered _legally_ blind, yet I could distinguish between things he pretended he couldn't.

He gets off whining about non-existent problems in video games, just like most of the Codex. He invents fucking things to whine about, just so he has something to whine about.

[edit]
I also didn't realize the thread was quite old. I'm more used to posting on forums like Ars Technica, where you can go a few pages back and still see nothing but current-day posts.

Leechmonger

Arbiter
Just wanted to take a second to necro this thread and say: holy shit this game is fucking garbage. Having just (re)played through the entirety of the original Majesty + Northern Expansion prior to giving the sequel a second chance it's amazing just how poorly the latter fares. From little things like the graphics making things harder to see and the buildings somehow being harder to place than in the original, to game-breaking things like warriors never raiding a lair on their own and heroes straight up ignoring enemies on their way to a bounty. The terminology is great, too: heroes that have not been sufficiently bribed to do their life's calling are said to be "looking for adventure". Maybe you dumbfucks would find adventure if you bothered walking two feet from your fucking guild.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I agree the first part is better, but I found the second part to at least be amusing as well.

Quite agree with the Technoviking here.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Majesty 2 just completely missed the point of Majesty.
This, a million times. It is an abomination and shouldn't exist. I wish I could wipe it from my memory. Majesty is one of my all time favourites.

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I replayed through the original a couple months ago, I has such fond memories of it as a kid. It's really great, though sometimes a bit repetitive, always building mostly the same shit.

Guess I won't even bother with the second one.

Old One

Arcane
...though sometimes a bit repetitive, always building mostly the same shit.
That's definitely true, it wasn't perfect. To me that made it seem like a perfect candidate fro a sequel, since it wouldn't be hard to improve the shortcomings.

Instead they said, "Let's get rid of everything that made Majesty unique, turn it into a mediocre RTS game, and call it a sequel."

If you really liked Majesty 1, you're making the right decision to avoid 2 - unless you like feeling disappointed.

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
I think it's pretty funny how there have been multiple attempts at blatant copying Dungeon Keeper games (or rather DK2, no one really try to copy DK1 unfortunately) and yet Majesty remains hands down the best DK clone.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
It's not though? The underlying idea for a game is pretty much the same.
Well the base idea (indirectly controlling your minions/heroes) is the same, but other than that, it looks, plays and feels differently. I wouldn't call it it a clone per se.

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
It's not though? The underlying idea for a game is pretty much the same.
That's like calling Gothic an Ultima clone.
It's not, really. The basic idea of a strategy game where combat is one of the main features, but you cannot control your "units" directly is extremely rare and Majesty copies DK's approach to a very big extent, such as using flags to prioritise targets, units with their likes/dislikes and certain conditions to recruit/attract them or even a spell system that's pretty much identical in how it lets you influence combat directly and casting is gold-based. I think that the inspiration is pretty much obvious, although there obviously are differences, for example economy mechanics are completely different, but general idea - the same. I know that for me Majesty scratched that DK itch better than any other game could, in fact that statement probably includes DK2, in which I was pretty dissapointed.

HeatEXTEND

Prophet
Patron
newsreader-trips-acid-tripping-out-news-1395690858Z.gif

So what your saying is, we need a DK x Majesty versus game ?

And yeah, Majesty 2 feels like an IOS game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom