Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mail order brides advertised on the Codex?

Wyrmlord

Arcane
Recently, I was searching for info on the World of Xeen 2 mod, and as I clicked one of the links, it took me some time to process what I was seeing and realize, "Hey this is RPGCodex! I was posting here a year ago!"

So yeah, I have been dipping my feet into these cold waters occasionally, amount of content here is overwhelming with dozens of LPs, dozens of strategy game discussions, dozens of recent RPG discussions, dozens of old RPG discussions, dozens of movie discussions, dozens of everything. Can't keep up. I open a Shogun 2 Total War thread and see that everybody has already said or remarked whatever I wanted to say or remark. Too much of everything.

All of what I write above is an irrelevant preliminary. Look at this.

http://www.imageupload.org/?d=2E9ADFA31

I was shocked. You can order a bride in 30 days? A bridal package to arrive at your place in 30 days? Would she burst out of the cardboard box or something?

But then I read what it's actually about. It seems this is another advertisement promoting standard Hindoo bigotry against dark-skinned people (such as yours truly). It's a fairness clinic promotion. 7000 year old prejudices just don't go away.

I don't even know what to say. It's so offensive, you are not even shocked, because it is an objectively offensive thing.

I don't watch TV or read local tabloids, partly because they are stupid and partly because they are full of such bigoted ads.

Here too? On the Codex? :o

Prosper II

Educated
Hey not bad. As long as she isn't infected with that New Vegas STD, I won't need but 1 day. We can be married couple modding Fallout 3 and i could finallly finish my visions.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
It would seem that the bars in the cellar were not strong enough. Will fix.

Also: I saw ads for jewish dating on the codex. I am deeply offended.

deus101

Never LET ME into a tattoo parlor!
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
824.jpg

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
Wouldn't be the Codex if somebody didn't whine about a beautiful woman in an ad.

Dark Matter

Prophet
Wyrmlord said:
I don't watch TV or read local tabloids, partly because they are stupid and partly because they are full of such bigoted ads.
Honestly, I don't see what was bigoted about those ads. A couple breaks up, the guy starts going out with another chick who turns out to be a bitch, he breaks up with her and gets back with his old girlfriend. Apart from the advertising woman going "ponds white beauty", I fail to see how skin color had anything to do with the story in those ads.

Self-Ejected

Kosmonaut

Lost in Space
oldmanpaco said:
Is this really him or is someone using his account?
Writing style is quite different, and it's not a wall of text big enough.

But indeed, maybe he really is the OP.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Taluntain said:
Wouldn't be the Codex if somebody didn't come back after one year of self-imposed exile just to whine about a beautiful woman in an ad.
Improved.

oldmanpaco said:
Is this really him or is someone using his account?
Probably Chefe.

So yeah, I have been dipping my feet into these cold waters occasionally
Well... Yes, with almost 13k posts we did notice. You don't have to introduce yourself you know...

I don't even know what to say. It's so offensive, you are not even shocked, because it is an objectively offensive thing.

Here too? On the Codex?
You are surprised by bigotry on the Codex?

This is not Prateek. Can't be.

ElectricOtter

Welcome back, Sanjay! The codex has awaited your return :love:

Orgasm

Barely Literate
Sandboy is sad cause he cant get off his yellow-greenish skin taint off, no matter how hard he rubs. IF I CANT HAVE IT NO ONE CAN!!! :lol:

radhaykrishna1.jpg

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
It's about having lighter skin becouse you and your family are better off and didn't have to work on field under sun same as it was in Europe/KWA before cosmetic industry promoted the trend to look like some over cooked manboon. What wrong with that?

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Wyrmlord said:
Recently, I was searching for info on the World of Xeen 2 mod, and as I clicked one of the links, it took me some time to process what I was seeing and realize, "Hey this is RPGCodex! I was posting here a year ago!"

So yeah, I have been dipping my feet into these cold waters occasionally, amount of content here is overwhelming with dozens of LPs, dozens of strategy game discussions, dozens of recent RPG discussions, dozens of old RPG discussions, dozens of movie discussions, dozens of everything. Can't keep up. I open a Shogun 2 Total War thread and see that everybody has already said or remarked whatever I wanted to say or remark. Too much of everything.

All of what I write above is an irrelevant preliminary. Look at this.

http://www.imageupload.org/?d=2E9ADFA31

I was shocked. You can order a bride in 30 days? A bridal package to arrive at your place in 30 days? Would she burst out of the cardboard box or something?

But then I read what it's actually about. It seems this is another advertisement promoting standard Hindoo bigotry against dark-skinned people (such as yours truly). It's a fairness clinic promotion. 7000 year old prejudices just don't go away.

Here too? On the Codex? :o
You are not Wyrmlord.

Andhaira

Arcane
Hey Wyrmlord, what do you think of the fact that Osama Bin Laden was found on Pakistani soil?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom