Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

MAFIA III - Yo Coonass prepare ta learn 'bout family in N'awlins

Astral Rag

Arcane
MafiaIII_Cemetary.jpg

What I find remarkable is that these guys are apparently still developing games for the oldskool xbox 360 and ps3 consoles.

Drakron

Arcane
When I'm using word "Mafia" I mean specifically La Cosa Nostra. I never implied negroes can't do organized crime. They might be doing various business with sicilian gangsters but they sure as shit could never be members of their group.

The thing is that is a very East Coast, they never branched out outside much because ... well kinda hard aint being so "centric" in a speciic ethnic group that isnt significant part of the population.

Plus I am looking at the IGN article that says he is half-Black, joined the Black Mob that lost against the Italian Mob and then starts his own group to take control of the place after I suspect having beheaded the Italian Mob, its more like the Dixie Mafia (that wasnt Italian or centered around a specific ethnic) except not white.

I say this, its more interesting building your group and run things that being just a made man running errants.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
They could have made a game based on some nice 70s blacksploitation setting, but that wouldn't have been subversive enough, subversiveness being the point of this "social justice", rather than, say, actual social justice. In fact, using a setting or a context where it would have made sense to have a black lead would have probably been considered racist, for what do a bunch of white developers know about blacks in the 70s? Than again, what do they know about the Italian mafia? Maybe i should go on twitter and bitch about their racist distortion of my "culture".

Data4

Arcane
That announcement trailer is so much better if you imagine Robert Downey Jr.'s character from Tropic Thunder is the one doing the voiceover. It's almost note perfect. Whole lotta seething emotionality.

bonescraper

Jesus it looks worse than i could ever imagine. Gratuitous brutality, QTE executions, popamole mechanics, dumbed down driving mechanics (drifting at 20 km/h fuck yea!), expolding cars EVERYWHERE, and even the night lighting looks... off. I wouldn't get it for a dollar.

typical user

Arbiter
Oh look another Gears of War with soap driving physics.

And token black character.

Surely gaming is in decline, it got so popular that idiots decide how games should be developed.

I hope that I will be able to start N.W.A. in this game otherwise - no GOTY.

adddeed

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
Way too arcadey. Mafia 2 could've been a racing sim, that's how good the physics were.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom