Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

MAFIA III - Yo Coonass prepare ta learn 'bout family in N'awlins

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
So why do you start threads on bad game series?

adddeed

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
Im pretty sure it will considering both Mafia 1 and 2 are excellent games.

sser

Arcane
Developer
Mafia is comfortably in my Top 5 games.

But I have yet to play Mafia 2.

I hate cover-shooting that much.

Addendum: I've played Mafia 2 now.

Still hate cover-shooting.

Mafia still comfortably sitting in my glorious Top Five Games of All Time (tm).

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-07-28-mafia-3-reveal-set-for-gamescom

2K confirms Mafia 3 is in development and trailer will be shown at gamescom.

CK_-0b4UAAAZ7zF.jpg:large

Hmm, looks like 1970s to me.

Last edited:

sser

Arcane
Developer
That definitely looks 70s. Also looks like Louisiana backwoods. Kudzu and crocodiles.

Deleted member 7219

Looking forward to it. All the mainstream review sites gave Mafia II a kicking, but it was a good game.

:Flash:

Arcane
Are the Driver games any good?
I only played the first Driver and enjoyed it very much. It is typical Seventies car chases (and you never leave your car). Missions go from driving the runaway car for a bank robbery, to scaring the passenger (there is a scare-o-meter that goes up the crazier you drive).
Driver 2 was a playstation exclusive, I think.
I remember Driv3r getting bad reviews, it tried to be GTA (you could get out of the cars).
I didn't follow the series after that.

veevoir

Klytus, I'm bored
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech
Always wanted to play an open world game set in the 70s.

I think the old Interstate games were set then, but can't think of any others since.

Now you gave me a nostalgia boner. Worse, considering I'76 has shitton of issues when ran on modern machines (AI tied to performance :D). I want a remake nau. Especially if John De Lancie could make an appearance again.

On MafIIIa note - nobody who did Mafia I will apear in dev team, be warned.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
My biggest gripe is that I cannot buy Mafia 1 anywhere digitally? What's up with that?

cw8

Cipher
Mafia 1 is easily one of my top games of all time. Mafia 2 though falls short. Not sure what to think of Mafia 3.

flyingjohn

Arcane
I still remember mafia 1 crazy free ride extreme missions ,it was a nice touch and some of them were genuinely fun and challenging.Shame mafia 2 had a worst story(horrible protagonist) and become a linear corridor shooter.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom