Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mod News M4-78 Droid Planet Mod for KOTOR2 Released!

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
That's probably incompatible.

Severian Silk

OK, I uninstalled the Jedi Temple and the planet is now on the map like it should be. Quick question: is the droid planet where the HK-47 factory is located?

Deleted member 7219

Hmm, the environments don't look that great from the trailer. They look like big, empty spaces with enemies dotted around here and there. There looked like there was no gameplay at all except for fighting. I hope there's more to it than that.

Still, it was cut early and Obsidian didn't do much work on it, and there's no reference to it in the rest of the game. I don't see any reason for 'restoring' it other than for fun. I certainly can't begrudge them that, but I hope it hasn't slowed down work on TSLRCM. The ending of the game still needs a lot of work. Some things are jarring, especially finding your companions in the prison.

KOTOR 2 is one of my all-time favourite games so I'll give this a try anyway.

80Maxwell08

Arcane
OK, I uninstalled the Jedi Temple and the planet is now on the map like it should be. Quick question: is the droid planet where the HK-47 factory is located?
Nope that's at the end of the game. After you talk to HK about tracking them down but you need to fight them 3 times it will happen automatically once you get to the end game part after going back to Dantooine. Also pro tip give HK-47 a weapon with max ion upgrades and don't underestimate the power of him dual wielding the Mandalorian rippers/disintigrators with master power shot.

Severian Silk

I can't register with the Deadly Stream forums with my gmail email. Anyone know of a solution?

edit: Well, I'm done. The mod was OK. Kind of slow at first with a lot of running around, but better toward the finish with decent writing and some puzzles. At the very end, however, what happens to some of the characters is sort of a 'surprise'. I didn't understand the purpose of this. Can't say more without revealing spoilers, really.

:3/5:+1/2

holcombj1

Novice
I've done every side quest on this planet except for 1!! I can not find these Droid Legs anywhere! Does anyone know where I can find them? Or does anyone know if maybe it was an incomplete side quest that got thrown into the mod? Any help would be amazing!!

circ

Arcane
How do you trigger the appearance of the planet? It does not appear on my galactic map.
Go to Korriban first then when you get to where Vash would be will be a bag and the computer next to the cage will have a datapad stuck in it that says where the droid planet is. It should show up then.
That sounds weird. Wasn't it originally linked to the radio message you get on Nar Shaddaa that in the final version leads nowhere?

80Maxwell08

Arcane
How do you trigger the appearance of the planet? It does not appear on my galactic map.
Go to Korriban first then when you get to where Vash would be will be a bag and the computer next to the cage will have a datapad stuck in it that says where the droid planet is. It should show up then.
That sounds weird. Wasn't it originally linked to the radio message you get on Nar Shaddaa that in the final version leads nowhere?
No idea what it originally was but that's what the modders decided to do.

Severian Silk

You have to talk to the little droid also I think in order to get the directions.

scarletguard

Educated
I've done every side quest on this planet except for 1!! I can not find these Droid Legs anywhere! Does anyone know where I can find them? Or does anyone know if maybe it was an incomplete side quest that got thrown into the mod? Any help would be amazing!!

I believe the Black Market droid in the Central Zone sells droid legs, IIRC.

Deleted member 7219

Well, I completed it. I found most of it to be very boring. The first half involves a lot of fetching and carrying. The second half is better, but is focused on combat - which I never enjoyed much. What the mod does do well is Master Lonna Vash. I hated how you just came across her dead body on Korriban in the original KOTOR2, with no explanation. I would like to play a version of the mod where you go to M4-78, do a few quests, and then find Vash.

The voice acting ranged from boring (first few droids you meet), to very good (M4-78). There were some performance issues in the main area, and trying to move through doors in the Environmental Zone isn't very nice, but apart from those I didn't run into any issues.

EDIT: Forgot to mention I completed all the quests I could find except for one which remained in my journal until I finished the game, and that was to find the maintenance droid who ran off. The way the journal entry was written, "It may be just another of the mysteries of this planet", or something along those lines, made me think I didn't have to go out of my way to look for it. But I probably should have. Truth be told, by the time I finished the main quest I really wanted to leave that place.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom