Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

M&B - Mount & Blade Warband TOP 10 mods

Don Peste

Arcane
Choosing a good M&B mod is a pain in the ass, in the same level of choosing mods and shit for Skyrim. There are hundreds of mods and hundreds of lists and Top 10 everywhere. But I couldn't find one here, or at least an updated list.

So, what would you say is the TOP 10 (Or 5 or 3) mods for M&B Warband?

The Dude

Liturgist
I really liked Prophesy of Pendor, some dudes PnP-world reimagined in M&B, so pretty deep backstory for a M&B mod. Lots of fun features, though hard as fuck from time to time.

warpig

Incel Resistance Leader
Manlet
brytenwalda
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/board,189.0.html

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?board=167.0

for all your raping and pillaging needs. sadly there is still no good pike and shot mod.
Two best M&B mods in my opinion. Especially 1257 AD for medieval awesomeness.
I would aslo recommend this one: "Knights the Last Battle", set in XV century Western Europe.
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/board,194.0.html
Here's one worth mentioning because of an interesting setting (I haven't played it, so I don't know if it's good)
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,211788.0.html
And here's one for fags who like G.R.R. Martin's shitty books
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,194610.0.html

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Pendor is like slamming your nuts in a car door. Don't bother unless you plan to sink a hundred hours into a game. For a slight variation I prefer Native Extension but I don't know if it's still supported.

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Floris Expanded is good if you want essentially vanilla gameplay + some extra. More units, more options, tons of sub-mods that you can enable/disable at will to change the basic experience of Warband. It's my go to mod if I just want to play "M&B: Warband" as I first did....with some extra bells and whistles.

Other than that, 1257 was the most "medieval" mod I played and it was awesome indeed. Even just the sound of a crossbow bolt slamming into plate mail. Glorious.

Warband got Steam Workshop integration.

637x358.resizedimage

:negative:

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
^ Any lord flying that banner should be fastened to a hurdle and drawn by horse to the place of execution, where they are to be hanged (almost to the point of death), emasculated, disembowelled, beheaded and finally quartered. Their remains would then be spread across the realm as a warning for other deviants.

Perkel

Arcane
I really liked Prophesy of Pendor, some dudes PnP-world reimagined in M&B, so pretty deep backstory for a M&B mod. Lots of fun features, though hard as fuck from time to time.

Prophecy of Pendor is single best mod i have ever played. Warband (or any other mod) in comparison to PoP feels like some featureless pre-alpha version. Sure it is a bit harder especially later when there are whole armies ransacking cities but nothing feels like PoP gameplay.

edit:

also it has one of the best OST ever

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
It's extremely in-depth both story-wise, itemization-wise, management-wise, troop-tier-wise, etc. You could have a troop of around 100ish first tier nobodies and they'd all die to two or three elite knights. It's a very well done mod but, again, be prepared to spend A LOT of time getting anywhere in it.

Perkel

Arcane
What makes Prophecy of Pendor superior to other mods?

First of all. Atmosphere. PoP feels like proper full game, not like some mod.

- Rich lore, worthwhile companions with their agenda, much better factions than vanilla warband or any other mod out there. Also in comparison to normal warband this is low scifi setting which means you will encounted cultist, snake cult and other factions that may have in them otherwordly troops. Mind you it is tasteful content not some angel demons and shit. OST is absolutely superb. Also world has factions that are in opposition to everybody like Noldor (elves like people) who have OP gear but they don't have nation. Ton of clan systems and stuff. You can do all sorts of things with different lords, earn their trust in more ways. PoP took some lessons from CK2 in that regard. Each faction is very distinct with their own gear. And player build nation is actually your own nation compared to vanilla warband so you have your own troops compared to other nations, gear and so on.
- Stupendous amount of content. Gear is up to 11 compared to vanilla. Just plate armors have like 30 different models + their quality. ton of weapons. Unique gear that can be looted from mentioned cultist like snake cult swords, armors and so on. Moreover if you don't want actually make a new nation you can create Knighthood, equip your knight and so on. If you don't want both then you can start mercenary company and be employed to various rulers.
- Game has ton of factions. 5 Main nations + 2 nomadic nations, ton of knighthood orders and each of them has their own agenda (for example you can be enemy of some order for your actions like giving running heretics place in your village), various companies, mercenary bands, raiders and so on and each of those factions can be your friends or enemies.
- You earn fame and nobility. Sure you can start as noble thus getting easily first fief but imo best start is from 0 when you scrap your first gear, earn fame and so on. If you are not Noble when you earn enough fame some ruler may hear about you and try to give you noble title (allying you with him). You can be put in prison. rescue companions, lords from prison. When you start your kingdom you can for example make out of your companion lord.
- Completely new map which alone is better looking and better designed than any other mod or vanilla game.

Like Metro said this mod is not for everyone. If you look for mod that will give you gameplay for XXX hours playing proper Game of Thrones instead of clunky warband shit. If you have experience in warband it will help with game def. Also it is not like in Warband where AI is stupid. If you start your nation no one will wait for you to build your army. So you can for example start you nation alone but you can also work your way to build trust of several lords and when times comes you can ask them to betray their lords and join your new kingdom with their holds.

PoP imo is best mod out there. It doesn't make game worse for people because it is more realistic like in many other mods. It makes it more realistic in sence that it provides more content and at the same time it gives player tools and opportunities to really go and do something grand.

Nothing feels better than to stand on hill in your Lordy Pendorian Knight armor (which is absolutely super costly) commanding your army supported by your knighthood order of Fenix waging war with other nations or taking for example 1k strong army of snake cultist plundering nations.

And as i said earlier music THE FUCKING MUSIC:

Travelling Theme - Fountains of the Noldor
Travelling Theme - Exploring Pendor
Travelling Theme - Abandoned Village
Travelling Theme - A Night in Pendor

warpig

Incel Resistance Leader
Manlet
Sounds interesting, I will try it. Too bad it's fantasy, I would love a high medieval or early renaissance mod with so much new content.

Perkel

Arcane
Fantasy is bad world for it imo. Fantasy elements is a bit better put. You are looking at very very very very few units with a bit more bloated HP and in this lore its more something like myth. It is not something you will be dealing with commonly. More like once or twice in your 100h.

Only thing you will be dealing more commonly is Norldor faction which is supposed to be elf like but there isn't any mention in game that they are of different race. They just have OP gear and like their forest sometimes sending patrols to hunt other nations smaller units.

That is the beauty of this mod. You can't just say it is high or even low fantasy but at the same time there are things in game that gives you nudge that there is something else in world than humans.

Sometimes when you will be riding in woods someone will talk to you. Sometimes when you camp you will feel like someone gave you blessing.

Fantasy elements in this mod feel esoteric. Like ghost stories.

Last edited:

warpig

Incel Resistance Leader
Manlet
Cool, sounds like the type of "fantasy" world I could enjoy. Last thing I want it's to see is orcs, gnomes or paladins with huge shoulder pads casting spells on the battlefiled. Still would prefer a historical setting, there aren't many games when you can experience the past that aren't strategy games or "hollywood history" crap.

Whisky

The Solution
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
^ Any lord flying that banner should be fastened to a hurdle and drawn by horse to the place of execution, where they are to be hanged (almost to the point of death), emasculated, disembowelled, beheaded and finally quartered. Their remains would then be spread across the realm as a warning for other deviants.

This is M&B. You realize if you "kill" him, he'll just be knocked unconscious.

And then you might have to drag a brony around. Pretty sure that's lower troop Morale due to the stench and constant singing of songs from the show.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom