Tacticular Cancer: We'll have your balls

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Indie Lurking II: A Madness

Discussion in 'General RPG Discussion' started by oklabsoft, May 10, 2017.

?

Image of ship carrying your party remains static regardless of the direction of movement.

Poll closed Aug 1, 2017.
  1. So what? No big deal. I get the idea.

75.0%
  2. Decline. At least change from left/west facing to right/east facing.

25.0%
  3. Major decline. Well worth at least an image for four cardinal directions.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. oklabsoftgender: ⚧ oklabsoft Developer

oklabsoft
    Parrots:
    Click here and disable ads!
    I am very optimistic. We have come extraordinarily far in just over 12 months.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2017
    • Brofist Brofist x 2
    • Fabulously Optimistic Fabulously Optimistic x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. oklabsoftgender: ⚧ oklabsoft Developer

oklabsoft
    Parrots:
    • Brofist Brofist x 4
    • Salute Salute x 1
    • Excited! Excited! x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. ShaggyMoosegender: ⚧ Literate

ShaggyMoose
    Parrots:
    I thought the above were created characters, but watching the GIF on the website it looks like the above are mostly due to equipped gear? If that is the case, that is awesome as long as a) there is enough visual variation in gear and b) there isn't a single common set of "best gear" that everyone ends up wearing so they look identical. This happened frequently in Ultima games and I found it ended up making the paper doll system fairly worthless from an aesthetics perspective.

^ Top  
  4. oklabsoftgender: ⚧ oklabsoft Developer

oklabsoft
    Parrots:
    Very good point and check to both. Although character creation is classless, optimally developing characters toward a skill (or skills) requires careful choices. Since items have an encumbrance and your ability to equip heavier items is based on strength, only characters optimized so will be able to equip the heaviest and most protective gear. Also, use of some skills such as bard songs require that an instrument be equipped. There is plenty of variation among clothing items and many unique items as well... Some may be found and some may be produced but once and even these involve choice as to the item produced. Missile fire weapons are handy but are a detriment to attempt to use in close quarters with enemies as many times you will not be able to get the shot off and essentially lose a battle turn for trying. I think you will love the character development choices in L2.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2017
    • Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)