Tacticular Cancer: We'll have your balls

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Incline Lunatic Dawn - Book of Futures English Translation Project COMPLETED! - CURRENT VERSION 0.98b

Discussion in 'jRPG Weeaboo Discussion' started by MrRichard999, Feb 27, 2016.

1. Make America Great Again MrRichard999 Arcane Patron

MrRichard999
    Parrots:
    Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
    Click here and disable ads!
    Here is a full English translation release for an obscure rpg game released by Artdink. We felt this was an excellent game to translate to English as it has some great aspects that are not common in many rpg games released. This has been a very involved project and we hope you all enjoy it!
    • Setup notes

The .exe and .hlp file can be copied into the installation directory the contents of the “res” folder must be copied into the installed “res”

• Optional sounds

These are sounds which I felt were a bit better in my opinion but they are not required to play the game. If you wish to use them you can copy the .wav files into the installed “res” folder.

• Running the game

Applocale or a program equivalent is required to run this game!

Some people have had issues with getting the disc to run with the game, please do not ask me or message me about this as i will ignore these questions! You may have to configure the dvd/cd drive letter as d: or e:. Others have simply burned the .iso and played it with a physical disc. You will have to figure out which way works on your computer.

The current modified .exe can be downloaded here on this site -> http://www.romhacking.net/translations/2585/

CURRENT VERSION 0.98b

Hacking done by MrRichard999
    Translations done by Helly, Jink640, CccMar, & TraumaFox

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 25, 2016
    • Brofist Brofist x 14
    • Thanks! Thanks! x 2
    • Racist Racist x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. OracleX Augur Patron

OracleX
    Parrots:
    Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
    Will keep an eye on this! Good luck.

What about Lunatic Dawn IV?

^ Top  
  3. aweigh Arcane

aweigh
    Parrots:
    i can help you, um, "find" a japanese version. the key word is using "torrento" and "thunderlink", tee-hee. those zany japs. i'll let you know if i find it.

^ Top  
  4. aweigh Arcane

aweigh
    Parrots:
    wow the only version i can find is the chinese version. are you sure a japanese version was produced? on the plus side i found a playthrough-blog entry for lunatic dawn iv.

playthrough-blog for lunatic dawn iv here: http://infoseek_rip.g.ribbon.to/bakakai.hp.infoseek.co.jp/ld4.html#1

the fact that it's in japanese hints that the game WAS actually released in japan. so weird that the japanese torrento websites only have the chinese 4 cd version.

playthrough-blog for lunatic dawn - odyssey here: http://www41.atwiki.jp/psparchives/pages/305.html

EDIT: hey, is lunatic dawn odyssey = lunatic dawn 4? you should double-check that because i think that's the case. if so it changes everything.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2016
    ^ Top  
  5. aweigh Arcane

aweigh
    Parrots:
    yeah, apparently they stopped production of the japanese PC version years ago.

that quote is from a 2chan thread from someone wanting to get the game.

it's been out of production for 16 years. your best bet is registering in tokugawa forums and making a thread about buying LD iv JP. it's literally the only place i think you'll score a copy from someone aside from learning japanese and scouring japanese auction websites.

EDIT: on the plus side the japanese consensus from the threads i've been reading is that the pinnacle of the series was LD the third book.

^ Top  
  6. aweigh Arcane

aweigh
    Parrots:
    ^ Top  
  7. aweigh Arcane

aweigh
    Parrots:
    also i found this website which i *think* is either about 1) hex-editing the game files for the PC versions of the lunatic dawn games, or 2) detailed information on synthesizing items in the games.

http://www.netlaputa.ne.jp/~skull/luna/index.html

google translation is not kind to that man's website. heh.

edit: yeah tokugawa is the most dedicated community concerning japanese computer gaming by far.

^ Top  
  8. Jinn Cipher

Jinn
    Parrots:
    You, sir, are an amazing man. Thank you!

Edit: You GUYS are amazing. You're one badass team.

^ Top  
  9. Make America Great Again MrRichard999 Arcane Patron

MrRichard999
    Parrots:
    Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
    I actually just got a Japanese Version of Lunatic Dawn IV and will be working on that instead of continuing with LD III.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  10. OracleX Augur Patron

OracleX
    Parrots:
    Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
    wonder how you acquired the game ;) please don't leave the other games unfinished!

^ Top  
  11. Make America Great Again MrRichard999 Arcane Patron

MrRichard999
    Parrots:
    Lunatic Dawn I & II are currently on hold due to code issues I can't figure out :*(

III is cancelled due to IV being an upgrade of III pretty much so no sense in finishing off III. Its the same exact thing but with an upgraded engine, fixed bugs, smoother game play, and you can move faster also.

^ Top  
  12. Make America Great Again MrRichard999 Arcane Patron

MrRichard999
    Parrots:
    PROJECT IS COMPLETE! PLEASE SEE THE FIRST POST FOR THE DOWNLOAD LINK!!

• Brofist Brofist x 6
    • Salute Salute x 4
    ^ Top  
  13. dream expert Educated

dream expert
    Parrots:
    :shredder:

EDIT: Game is $15.99 on steam. Hmm, might add this on my "to buy" list for now.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2016
    ^ Top  
  14. Make America Great Again MrRichard999 Arcane Patron

MrRichard999
    Parrots:
    The one on steam is Passages of the Book which is being worked on by Helly & Elegnaim, this project is for Book of Futures. Im sure its easy to find if you search for it.

• Salute Salute x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. dream expert Educated

dream expert
    Parrots:

Oops.

Found it! Thanks.

^ Top  
  16. I'm With Her Severian Silk for prison Arcane

Severian Silk
    Parrots:
    I'm looking at the interface and can't tell if it's a game or an old version of Visual Studio!

^ Top  
  17. Make America Great Again MrRichard999 Arcane Patron

MrRichard999
    Parrots:
    Its not a blobber :) Give it a try, you might like it!

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. Jinn Cipher

Jinn
    Parrots:
    This is definitely worth a try at the very least. It's an incredibly unique game in so many ways. You really do create your own adventure and forge your own path, be it an evil, chaotic, good, lawful, or anywhere in between. These alignments particularly come in to play with your companions. They will leave you during the most difficult times if you mistreat them or challenge their beliefs to an excessive degree, they will become your best and dearest friend if they like how you choose to live your life, they'll fall in love with you and want to have your crazy adventure baby, they will steal things from you, etc. The quests are fun, but I can see how they might become slightly repetitive as you play. However, I haven't played that far into the game myself (about 6 hours or so), so it could evolve as your character becomes stronger and more capable.

I do believe this series would appeal to many people around here if they gave it a go.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. I'm With Her Severian Silk for prison Arcane

Severian Silk
    Parrots:
    How can you say it's not a blobber when you don't share a grid with the opposing force?

^ Top  
  20. getter77 Savant

getter77
    Parrots:
    Between Wizardry and now this---it is a fantastic thing to see these older series getting another shot at the limelight instead of remaining so very forgotten and inaccessible. Ending that Summer Release Rush on a high note!

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. felipepepe Prestigious Gentleman Codex's Heretic Patron

felipepepe
    Parrots:
    Great work on very interesting game, I'll probably include it in the book :)

But I just can't get the fucking game to run... even on my Win Xp Virtual Machine it doesn't recognize the CD :(

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. mercyRPG Savant

mercyRPG
    Parrots:
    Can someone post a battle video on youtube please? Where the characters are seen hacking at monsters, there is damage done, monster death or character death. Thank You!!

^ Top  
  23. aweigh Arcane

aweigh
    Parrots:
    would have like 10 up already mercyRPG as i always like to do but game won't run.

^ Top  
  24. Make America Great Again MrRichard999 Arcane Patron

MrRichard999
    Parrots:
    I dont remember how exactly I got it to run for me but I had the "NO DISC FOUND" issue and I had to mess around with changing the drive letters of my virtual drive. Some people found burning the actual disc worked for them. Its just weird on how it loads that disc and I got no clue as to why it does that... Try different things and hope it works is the best answer I can give on that problem...

^ Top  
  25. mercyRPG Savant

mercyRPG
    Parrots:
    The game looked like a DOS executable and needs DOSBOX to run.

^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)