Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

LP: Lets start your wrestling career. Codex plays Slammed!!

tsuke

Educated
Hi all. Since there was some interest in Sabres of Infinity and I think Guns will start soon I wanted to start a second LP of a Choice Games book. This one is called Slammed!!!

Wrestling Name: ???
Hometown: Parts Unknown
Masters of Wrestling World Ranking: 250

Energy: 100
Strength: 50%

Technique: 50%

Promo Ability: 50%

Kayfabe: 50%Reality: 50%

Favor: 50%Heat: 50%

Ring Awareness: 50%: Ring Flash 50%

ill post the stats at the end in following updates. Just a basic explanation for now. Strength Tech and Promo ability should be self explanatory. Kayfabe and Reality is the same bar. The higher your Kayfabe the more you play your part and the lower reality gets. Favor and Heat is mainly the distinction between a face and heel. Ring awareness means you fight better but flash means the fans like you more as you do stupid things to entertain them.

CHAPTER ONE: The Backyard Basher

-click-

The scene unfolds like a dream. At least at first.

There you were, standing tall and proud, arms outstretched, an invitation to worship. All around you, voices obliged. They were chanting a name. Your name.

This was the moment you had been waiting for.

You soaked everything in for just one more second—what was the harm?—then crouched atop the turnbuckle and launched yourself high into the air, spinning like an Olympic diver before pinning your prey.

Or at least, that was the plan.

Your left foot—and the top rope—had other ideas.

SLAM!

You hit the mat hard and your head did a little bounce, arousing a sympathetic intake of breath from the small segment of the audience that wasn't laughing their lungs out. You lay unmoving at the feet of your opponent:

1) Big Benjie, from the Kirby Men's Wrestling School.
2) Big Brenda, from the Kirby's Women's Wrestling League.

tsuke

Educated
sorry for the delay weekend. Paco Camancho will be the name then. Not 100% sure we can name a hometown.

tsuke

Educated
Benjie stared down at you with a gap-toothed smile, shrugged, then threw a punch straight down at your face. He heaved you up across his shoulders, and before two seconds had passed you were in the air again.

SLAM!

One.

Two.

Three!

You remember how much you disliked the big Brit when you were classmates at the KMWS. The feeling was, obviously, mutual.

Unfortunately, Matt Kirby knew that you and Benjie were the best students at his school, which was why Benjie was almost always your opponent during the unpaid "exhibitions" Kirby would put up to defray the expenses of your schooling.

This is also why you feel as if your professional wrestling career was shortened by a decade even before it began. The man turned every match into an actual beat down.

Those ham-sized fists hurt. Even when all you're doing is watching a video of the match….

-click-

"So, what do you think?" asks Sam.

With the video on pause, you find yourself once again aware of your surroundings.

You're in a dingy studio apartment, filled with a strange combination of computer equipment and wrestling merchandise. It's like a Circuit City had a one night stand with a Toys "R" Us.

You're sitting on the edge of a bed, one of only two spots in the room cleared for human habitation. Sam McEnroe sits on the other, a chair (a steel chair, naturally) drawn up close to a table that groans under the weight of recording equipment and video monitors.

Sam is the Vice President of Promotions for the Borderless Wrestling Federation, which means that he spends most of his day uploading grainy, shaky-cam footage to YouTube.

Shaky or not, those videos receive thousands of views from the diehard BoWsers, as the BWF fans call themselves, and they're one of the reasons why the BWF has been making serious waves on the independent wrestling circuit.

(Well, that and the fact that they occasionally hold matches in a ring attached to a flatbed truck. A moving flatbed truck.)

1) It'd be great if I had a match like that.
2) I hope they don't put me in a match like that.
3) I'll wrestle in whatever match they put me in.

Stats

Wrestling Name: ???
Hometown: Parts Unknown
Masters of Wrestling World Ranking: 250

Energy: 100
Strength: 50%

Technique: 50%

Promo Ability: 50%

Kayfabe: 50%Reality: 50%

Favor: 50%Heat: 50%

Ring Awareness: 50%Ring Flash: 50%

tsuke

Educated
Signing with the BWF at your age, and with your experience (or, more accurately, your lack thereof) is quite the coup. Sam's in charge of putting together a series of vignettes to hype your debut. He's here to make you look good.

Or, at least, that's what you were led to believe.

You look at the shot of your ignominious defeat, then back to Sam.

"I was thinking of using this in your first video. Really captures your, you know, essence."

"Um," you say. "I don't really think…"

"Oh, don't worry, I already uploaded it. We're up to five thousand views already! I hope it goes viral…."

He has a smile on his face and a twinkle in his eye. He's enjoying this! Doesn't he know who you are? You're:

1) Wulf Erikssen.
2) Maverick.
3) Randal Roundhouse.
4)Ender Gallow.
5) Blight.
6)Avatar.
7) Create your own:

You're ___________! You're a professional wrestler, and to see that smirk on his face makes you feel:

1) Angry. I will not be disrespected.
2) Amused. A bit of friendly hazing, is it?
3) Resigned. I'm used to people laughing at me.

To speed things along the initial character generation I would also need you to select your Strongest and Weakest stat this choice

Strength - think of someone like Kevin Nash or Giant

Technique - someone like Brett Hart or Rick Flair

Promo Ability - someone like Shawn Micheals

Last edited:

tsuke

Educated
Paco Camancho will still be the real name this choice is for your stage name.

tsuke

Educated
interesting. I also picked randal roundhouse in my first playthrough. I wonder if there is anything subliminal about the name.

so randal, angry, and 2 votes putting promo at the strongest and 2 votes putting promo at the weakest :/ You guys really make it hard.

Since there is some interest in a promo based character I will put that as the primary. The vote for technique as the weakest came before strength so I will go with that.

tsuke

Educated
This man may have sabotaged your career, and he's laughing about it?

You rise from your seat, and something in your expression makes Sam go pale.

You're no super heavyweight, but you are a professional wrestler. As for Sam…he'd be the underdog in a match with a wet paper bag.

He holds up his hands.

"Kidding! I was just…just kidding!"

He runs trembling fingers across his keyboard.

"See? I haven't uploaded anything yet. I wanted to make sure I got your opinion first…."

You glare at him. "You want my opinion?"

"Erm…yes?"

"No more jokes."

"Right," Sam says, running a shaky hand through his hair. "Of course. Ah, shall we get started?"

"We've got a lot of good stuff here," Sam says, bringing up small windows of match footage in one of his larger computer monitors. "I'm impressed. You've got better quality videos than wrestlers who have been working the circuit for years."

You nod. "Matt knows what promoters look for." Matt Kirby, or "Killer Kirby" as he is better known, is a former wrestler who worked all over the world, and even made it all the way to the GWA.

Sure he'd spent his years there as a jobber, never winning any matches, but he'd kept his eyes and ears open, and learned from the best—and not just from the wrestlers. Kirby paid attention to every aspect of the business.

It was this wisdom that he passed down at his school, at least to the few to whom he still opened its doors.

1) I feel lucky he took me in.
2) I got my money's worth, I suppose.
3) I still resent the hoops he made me jump through.

Your other choices will be used later. Some additional choices for this update

Are you a face? or a heel?

It has been decided that your home town is brownsville texas. Describe it

1) Quiet place, where not much happens.
2)Bustling city, not always safe, but never boring.
3)Place where rich and poor mix. I lived on the right side of the tracks.
4)Place where rich and poor mingle. I lived on the wrong side of the tracks.
5)Rural town. I lived on a farm.

tsuke

Educated
also if anyone wants to change their strength and weakness skill and make counting easier for me there is still time till next update.

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire

Change my strongest to strength if that will make counting easier

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
Don’t know anything about Brownsville. Count me in!

Town on the Mexican border close to spring break party island (South Padre). I don't think any of the choices are totally accurate. :decline: for no full of drug smugglers, illegal immigrants, and horny co-eds option.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom