Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] Spiral

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Meh. Wishful thinking.
“Why would you hurt yourself to save others?” she asks softly, thoughtfully, as if reminded of something that had happened in the far past.
I tthink we got something cut off before. That would explain a lot of quirks in our behavior.
I think we would have noticed the lack of a dick if it were our dick, no? And if it were our balls, well, first off, we wouldn't be doing ballsy things like we just did, and secondly, we wouldn't find ourselves attracted to girls - young or otherwise.

I think we would have noticed the lack of a dick if it were our dick, no?
Think about it. The only toilet we've been in is the girl's toilet. And not even to peep on girls!

we wouldn't find ourselves attracted to girls - young or otherwise.
If we are, it is so subtle it's unnoticeable.
What? We we looked down Uehara's blouse and were are totally acting like the stereotypical Japanese guy that is attracted to girls but lacks any semblance of courage or social skills. It's an anime thing... We even thought about Uehara wet...

If little Shino has bought the farm, I'm not sure there is a point to all this anymore...

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
It's an anime thing...
Nonsense. Losers like that always have a harem of girls vying for their attention in the anime.

Since I don't see them queuing after us, the theory must be false.

We even thought about Uehara wet...
And it ended with us running away from her ever since. Did we even try approaching her once after that?

Maybe the thought was too repulsive. The fat dead man was an option, too, I recall.

If little Shino has bought the farm, I'm not sure there is a point to all this anymore...
Despair is an integral part of horror.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
treave is the second choice a choice if we trust Maeda or not? Are we deliberately hiding the information about the charm from her or we just don't talk about it because we find it an uninteresting topic?

We can put it this way, to reveal the amulet's existence would mean that you trust her more. It is not an uninteresting topic either, just that you may think it is pointless for Maeda to know about it. What helpful insight could she offer?

Meh. Wishful thinking.
“Why would you hurt yourself to save others?” she asks softly, thoughtfully, as if reminded of something that had happened in the far past.
I tthink we got something cut off before. That would explain a lot of quirks in our behavior.
I think we would have noticed the lack of a dick if it were our dick, no? And if it were our balls, well, first off, we wouldn't be doing ballsy things like we just did, and secondly, we wouldn't find ourselves attracted to girls - young or otherwise.

There is a relevant hint to this discussion in the previous chapter.

Would Actual Pimp work instead? Serious question: is it possible to guide our character into a criminal backstory, or is that pretty much set?

Well, you'd have to define criminal backstory for me first. What do you want to see?

Baltika9

Arcane
Would Actual Pimp work instead? Serious question: is it possible to guide our character into a criminal backstory, or is that pretty much set?

Well, you'd have to define criminal backstory for me first. What do you want to see?
Could be anything, really: getting mixed up with local Yakuza gangs, turning to crime in the States, having to steal/cheat/murder to survive. Maybe we became a hitman (would certainly explain some of our skills) because that's the only thing we could actually do right.

But a specific backstory? Something like this, maybe: foreign exchange student comes to San Francisco (LA/Minneapolis/San Diego) to study medicine (finance/engineering/business). He doesn't have a family to fall back onto (destitute/dead/criminals in jail) and is determined to make something more of himself. However, thanks to some bad decisions or getting mixed up with the wrong company, he gets in over his head before he knows it and becomes involved with the local Asian gang or organized crime ring.
At least, that's one of the many possibilities. Would that be plausible?

Last edited:

Baltika9

Arcane
:love:
Now we just need Mori-senpai to uncover the tattoo on our back (a blood-spattered rabbit, of course).
We should start wearing a bodice.

Please don't let Baltika anywhere near our backstory.
treave is the second choice a choice if we trust Maeda or not? Are we deliberately hiding the information about the charm from her or we just don't talk about it because we find it an uninteresting topic?

We can put it this way, to reveal the amulet's existence would mean that you trust her more. It is not an uninteresting topic either, just that you may think it is pointless for Maeda to know about it. What helpful insight could she offer?

Meh. Wishful thinking.

There is a relevant hint to this discussion in the previous chapter.
you mean this?
“Wow, that was great, Nami-nee!” exclaims Sakimura.

Call me that again and I will remove your testicles.” Maeda turns her attention back to the computer and begins searching through the folders.
ouch... Well, so long as we still have little Shino. Granted, we'll need some...gear to...bring the little guy to his former stature, but it should be doable. This is a hospital after all.

Indeed. :M

Well, what about the part where we didn't want to think about stripping in front of the girls and the scar on our chest? (After the pool ghost)

It would suggest that whatever happened affected our top half and our not wanting to think about the girls while we were wet, would suggest our bottom half was functional.

Nevill

Arcane
Yeah, that's pretty much the only thing it could be.

I wonder what happened, though. That wound was a nasty piece of work. Could it have been the reason for our departure overseas in some way?

I can't help but notice Maeda's language when she talks about her friend:
"The last I heard of him, he went overseas for his studies."
That's hardly how you usually speak about someone close, someone you are in arranged marriage (and in love) with. She didn't see us off, and it sounds like he learned about it after the fact. It sounds like she was not being allowed to see us for some time.

And there is that sense of guilt we felt when she looked at us.

I have a few speculations about what happened, but nothing concrete. Don't know how and if it ties to the rest of the puzzle, but it would be interesting to find out.

Last edited:

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
“Could you hand me that green box over there, please?”

“Oh, hold on… this one?”

“Yes, that’s the one.” You take the green plastic kit from Maeda. It opens with a sharp snap. Within the box are all the common surgical implements you are going to need in a short while. The array of stainless steel gleams invitingly under the hospital lights, and you let your fingers drift slowly across their surfaces.

“Wait… Shinoseki, what do you need these for?”

“The rest of my hand… it’s not neat… I need to remove it…” you say hoarsely. Your lips are dry and your throat hurts in fearful anticipation of the pain to come. Still, it must be done, and if it is to be done, it should be done right.

As you expected, Maeda does not take the news easily. “Remove it? Are you nuts-”

“It’s okay, Maeda-san. I’ll do it myself,” you mutter, taking out the sleek and silver electric bone saw and setting it down besides you.

“That’s not what I meant,” she says angrily. “How do you expect to do it all by yourself anyway?”

“It’s okay, Maeda-san,” you repeat. “I’ll manage. Please move aside, I don’t want to get any blood on your dress.” She steps back, looking extremely displeased at your decision. You fumble for the bottle of alcohol and take a long swig. The brandy is thick and sweet, and its passage down the back of your throat heats you up. You tighten the tourniquet further using your good hand and teeth, until you are relatively certain that the blood flow has been restricted, and then untie the blood-soaked bandages that cover your ruined hand. New ones will be needed when you are done. Casting one more look over the surgical kit to confirm that you have all you need to proceed, you begin applying the topical anaesthetic to your wrist. Then, you pick up the scalpel.

“Oh, for goodness sake!” exclaims Maeda in frustration. “I can’t believe this!”

“M-Maeda-san?” You pause, interrupted by her outburst.

Maeda stomps over to your side angrily. “Be grateful. I’m going to help you out, okay?”

“I…” The look in her eyes tells you that she will not accept any refusal from you. You nod meekly. “O-Okay. It would help if you could hold my forearm down firmly. As hard as you can.”

Sighing, she does as you say. You have doubt that her slender fingers will be able to hold you down well enough, but you were prepared to do it without support in the first place. You will just have to do it fast. Reshaping the muscles, bone and skin to form a proper stump for healing and prosthesis attachment is something you have not been trained to do, but you do remember – roughly – the procedures involved. At least it beats merely hacking your hand off.

Hefting the scalpel in your hand, you take a deep breath and begin cutting. There is not much flesh to cut away, but you need to remove whatever is there first before you can saw through the bone. The blade sinks into your skin with ease. Blood wells up from the incision, trickling down the side of your wrists. The pain is excruciating, but having expected it coming, you manage to steel yourself and not lose your grip on the scalpel. Maeda winces, her fingernails digging into your forearm. Using deep, swift slices, you get to work, parting the flesh as quickly and as neatly as you can. When you see the white bone hidden amidst all that red, you let the bloody scalpel clatter to the table and pick up the bone saw. You depress the trigger. The flat blade at the front begins oscillating at a high frequency. “There might be… a bit of a spray…” you croak. “Just so you know.”

You feel Maeda’s grip loosening before you even place the vibrating saw to the bone – it seems to be too much, even for her. “T-Talk to me, Maeda-san. Focus.” You mumble your words sternly, trying to bring her back.

“What do you even want me to talk about?” she asks, her voice shaky.

18:10

A. “Your family… the Kaimei group. You can tell me more about them...”

B. “H-How about what were you like in school?”

C. “Well… what are you looking forward to doing when we make it out of here alive?”

D. "So... W-What is your type?"

E. “T-Taketatsu Shinichi. How did he come to work with Ikei? A marriage of convenience?”

F. “Your… friend. Shinohara Seiji. Tell me more about him.”

G. “D-Do you know anything about the other people we’ve met here?”

H. “Anything… you can talk about anything you want, as long as you say something.”

I. "Never mind..."

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Cutting the update in half so you guys can pick the exposition you want. Since that's the case, we'll be updating tomorrow.

Also, D is a stepping stone towards gaining the pimp skill.

Nevill

Arcane
Huh, the dialogue options keep appearing.

D! D!! D!11!!1!!

Let's count. Maeda, Uehara, Amanozaki, Okuyama, Rina, Mitsuki. 6 people trapped here are women. That's like half the staff!

The potential for information gathering alone is worth investing in our pimping skills.

Well, that or F. I am really interested in how we got that scar.

D>D>D

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom