Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] Spiral

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Why?

The primary motivation for leaving the building this time seems to be avoiding the murderer. By being the suspect, we give them something to do that can potentially solve their problems if only they expose us. It is a matter that should be of interest to every one of them.

How do you think they are going to split after you dangle such a hook in front of them?

At least they would follow you to the ward, and start playing detectives. We'll see what we find there.

Who is giving up? You are giving up! :rpgcodex:

You want to pursue the investigation? Get everyone in the ward and start digging. Maybe you'll discover another note or something.

What exactly waving a phone with disturbing photos in front of all these people going to solve?

I am sure that a daydream about killing people counts as acquiring assassin's skills. :P

I don't see any skills on display here. I see a reaction of a cornered animal that lashes out at a first target.

Like... I don't know, when we charged a corpse with a mop? Or when we dived in a pool to save a team-mate? Or when we distracted the spirit by becoming its target?

That's how and where you get balls and confidense, not by masturbating to guro fantasies.

I am pretty certain that we already have what it takes to confront whatever threat we encounter.
Firstly, no, finding out who the murderer is isn't a motivator to everyone. Because at least one here is a traitor who wants to go off by himself and find items like the necklace and may in fact be the murderer himself.

Secondly, even an idiot can tell the difference between a gunshot wound and a knife or similar - that goes for photos and in person. There may be more clues there. But I'd rather solve the problem here, if possible.

No one is masturbating here except you, bro - your constant strawmaning of my arguments is getting to the point to where you are having a conversation with your own imagination. :P

He is a cornered animal, that's his personality. It's not going to change because of a skill.

And every example you just gave of how to get confidence is something treave already told us would have gotten us killed if he hadn't put the kid gloves on due to our collective retardation and a wish not to have every chapter last 30 minutes. But hey, whatever. Let's ignore every potential skill choice (and we still don't know whaether or not that was one) and keep going back to the roof and dying over and over. Gotta max out those balls and confidence stats, right?
:happytrollboy:
Edit: retracted a part of my argument

Last edited by a moderator:

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Firstly, no, finding out who the murderer is isn't a motivator to everyone. Because at least one here is a traitor who wants to go off by himself and find items like the necklace and the gun and may in fact be the murderer himself.
Where is your proof, man?

So far there has been no evidence anyone in the room is a traitor.

If you are talking about Taketatsu, that man was contacted by our enemy later. Potentially after he got touched by a deader and was doomed to die. We know he does not want to die. He likely does not even suspect about the existence of the necklace right now.

Or are you talking about Uehara? Even though she has expressed an acute interest in the necklace when we found it, she has shown zero inclination to go find it on her own.

No one is masturbating here except you, bro - your constant straw naming of my arguments is getting to the point to where you are having a conversation with your own imagination.
Well, uh... sorry? ;)

But really, if we wanted to build character, that is not the only way to do it.

He is a cornered animal, that's his personality.
I guess I will need more than just your statement to agree with that. :)

Name the instances where we behaved like one. So far we have shown a remarkable degree of self-control, even when cornered. We even surrendered ourselves during the first night.

And every example you just gave of how to get confidence is something treave already told us would have gotten us killed if he hadn't put the kid gloves on due to our collective retardation and a wish not to have every chapter last 30 minutes.
Kid gloves or original intent, it is not going to kill us any more than it did. The 'Dex wants to play an hero, so an hero was made viable to play.

Let's ignore every potential skill choice (and we still don't know whaether or not that was one) and keep going back to the roof and dying over and over.
So far I am seeing exactly the opposite - we pick up literally every skill we come across. This is getting disconcerting.

Gotta max out those balls and confidence stats, right?
What I meant to say is that balls and confidence are not skills and are not dependant on them. So yeah, gotta max them. Maybe then we will be able to hug Amanozaki without amassing some arbitrary points! :rpgcodex:

Last edited:

Where is your proof, man?

So far there has been no evidence anyone in the room is a traitor.
Yeah, we'll just ignore the part about Taketatsu cutting up his lady friend etc.
If you are talking about Taketatsu, that man was contacted by our enemy later. Potentially after he got touched by a deader and was doomed to die. We know he does not want to die. He likely does not even suspect about the existence of the necklace right now.

Or are you talking about Uehara? Even though she has expressed an acute interest in the necklace when we found it, she has shown zero inclination to go find it on her own.
I did think about her, but as you said, there isn't enough evidence of that. And you actually don't know that Taketatsu hasn't already been contacted, do you? Nope. You don't. FOr all we know, it could have happened the moment this night started. We don't know where or how he wakes up, but I bet that by now our enemy does and could potentially make contact with him at any point - if not before the night starts.

I mean, don't you think it's strange how he is trapped in a hospital FULL OF DEAD BODIES and he not only doesn't want to search for a way out, but he wants to be alone in a lobby full of dead people? Not exactly a normal train of thought, is it? Especially for a spoiled socialite CEO who fears death to the point that he'd murder the innocent and risk losing everything should he be prosecuted for his crimes. Kinda seems like he's already been gotten to, doesn't it? Like maybe he wants to be left alone so that he can act on behalf of our enemy without anyone noticing until it's too late? Again.

Well, uh... sorry? ;)

But really, if we wanted to build character, that is not the only way to do it.

I guess I will need more than just your statement to agree with that. :)

Name the instances where we behaved like one. So far we have shown a remarkable degree of self-control, even when cornered. We even surrendered ourselves during the first night.
:lol: Shinoseki feels cornered every time someone talks to him, glances in his general direction or gives him a bra-shot. A good example was with Mori when we were about to run out of the room just because he asked us a few questions. Surrendering ourselves is a perfect example of Shinoseki's cornered beta-male instincts. He had a choice between running, surrendering, and pissing his pants. There was no option for attacking Mori or Sakimura or anyone btw, but that's only because he didn't have the confidence - which whether or not he has the skills to back it up, he has now.

Kid gloves or original intent, it is not going to kill us any more than it did. The 'Dex wants to play an hero, so an hero was made viable to play.
After all this time, do you really need me to tell you that treave will only go so far with that? I think not.

So far I am seeing exactly the opposite - we pick up literally every skill we come across. This is getting disconcerting.
Yeah. I had more of a motive for wanting Shinoseki to pick up that skill/personality trait than "we have to see what's on the roof NOW" though... We were told to arm ourselves and the dead bodies imply that this could be a more directly violent night than previous. Not to mention another motive that I won't actually tell you because I know how much you hate the meta. :M

Nevill

Arcane
Lambchop19 said:
Yeah, we'll just ignore the part about Taketatsu cutting up his lady friend etc.
Nope, we'll ignore the 'so far' part and pretend that he was a traitor all along.

Lambchop19 said:
You actually don't know that Taketatsu hasn't already been contacted, do you?
No, but I can't help but notice a big shift in demeanor between 'Hello, I am CEO of Evilsoft, pleased to meet you' and 'GET ME OUT OF HERE I'LL DO ANYTHING OH GAWD HALP!!1!1". If I had to take a guess, the contact occured between them.

There has been simply not enough time for that to happen unless you suggest that he is a mole and knows what is happening right from the get go. At least the latter part is not the case - he has no clue what he just involved himself into.

Lambchop19 said:
I mean, don't you think it's strange how he is trapped in a hospital FULL OF DEAD BODIES and he not only doesn't want to search for a way out, but he wants to be alone in a lobby full of dead people?
No, I don't find it strange because this isn't the case. Taketatsu is assigned to Okuyama's team:
One by one, the others agree to go along and explore the hospital. Sakimura and Uehara would join Tokigawa, while Kayano, Maeda and Taketatsu would go with Okuyama.
He just goes along with the Doc's proposal like almost everyone else. Probably because he wants out and thinks this is the fastest way.

Of course, since the Doc is Theseus, they are all members of a big conspiracy! ;)

NHK.jpg

Lambchop19 said:
Shinoseki feels cornered every time someone talks to him, glances in his general direction or gives him a bra-shot. A good example was with Mori when we were about to run out of the room just because he asked us a few questions. Surrendering ourselves is a perfect example of Shinoseki's cornered beta-male instincts. He had a choice between running, surrendering, and pissing his pants. There was no option for attacking Mori or Sakimura or anyone btw, but that's only because he didn't have the confidence - which whether or not he has the skills to back it up, he has now.
Why would he attack Mori or Sakimura or, God forbid, anyone else? Is he a psychopath? :?

Why would a normal, innocent person even consider attacking a group of 10 people after being accused of murder if they aren't trying to lynch him on the spot? Any sane man would either try to explain himself or run. Why specifically try and harm others, especially while being outnumbered 10-to-1?

An animal would try to attack or - if capable of at least a semblance of thinking - escape. We, on the other hand, decided to talk it out.

Being uncomfortable around others does not mean being cornered. Our nature and our 'instincts' tell us to avoid people, yet every time we go against it and talk to them, given a chance. That is a rational behavior, one of a man, not one of an animal.
Dune said:
"You've heard of animals chewing off a leg to escape a trap? There's an animal kind of trick. A human would remain in the trap, endure the pain, feigning death that he might kill the trapper and remove a threat to his kind."

Lambchop19 said:
After all this time, do you really need me to tell you that treave will only go so far with that?
I will not pretend to speak for the author. I've had enough of that sort of arguments in Legend.

Besides, I don't even know what 'so far' means to you.

As for the motive, fine. I don't like the baggage it comes with, but it has been discussed to death, so it's time to let it rest. All I wanted is to point out that we weren't toothless even without it.

Last edited:

No, but I can't help but notice a big shift in demeanor between 'Hello, I am CEO of Evilsoft, pleased to meet you' and 'GET ME OUT OF HERE I'LL DO ANYTHING OH GAWD HALP!!1!1". If I had to take a guess, the contact occured between them.
Yes, that time. But the contact could occur at a variable time each night. Just as we make different decisions, so can our adversary. Also, when things are changing unpredictably (due to the ghosts or Shinoseki or free will or whatever), how to you ensure you know where someone is so you can meet and conspire with them? Just find out where they will be at the start, since that never seems to change. It may have taken him a bit to figure out he needed to do this and where the start is though.
There has been simply not enough time for that to happen unless you suggest that he is a mole and knows what is happening right from the get go. At least the latter part is not the case - he has no clue what he just involved himself into.
An hour has gone by. That's plenty of time. 15 minutes was time enough for us to make contact with two people and become a murder suspect, wasn't it? And we really don't know that he isn't a traitor all along - this time - do we? Shulgi is as Shulgi does, you know...

Anyway, I didn't remember the previous update correctly, so you have me on the fact that he wants to join a group though and that makes me less suspicious of him currently being a traitor for the moment.

Of course, since the Doc is Theseus, they are all members of a big conspiracy! ;)
Shulgi. The Doc is Shulgi. Seriously, bro, why do I even bother. :M

Why would he attack Mori or Sakimura or, God forbid, anyone else? Is he a psychopath? :?
Because he's about to be locked up for a murder he didn't commit in a hospital full of ghosts by a tribe of people dumb or desperate enough to think that a wimp like him could pick up swing a sledgehammer hard enough to mangle a girl like that. Because he has no memories and his only friend just got brutally murdered and he might be next? I'm not saying it's a good plan, but a normal person would at least consider kicking someone in the balls to slow them down when cornered like that, but our options were limited to surrender or run, whereas in this situation we have the option to fight.
Why would a normal, innocent person even consider attacking a group of 10 people after being accused of murder if they aren't trying to lynch him on the spot? Any sane man would either try to explain himself or run. Why specifically try and harm others, especially while being outnumbered 10-to-1?
Because he believes he can do it. It's an option. Doesn't mean it's a good one, but it's there because there is a willingness to try.
An animal would try to attack or - if capable of at least a semblance of thinking - escape. We, on the other hand, decided to talk it out.
Some animals go limp and play dead. That's what we did effectively. Yes, there was a thought process and a hope of mercy, but those are all layers of rationality piled on the instinct of "I can't win, so I will just lie down until they go away."
Being uncomfortable around others does not mean being cornered. Our nature and our 'instincts' tell us to avoid people, yet every time we go against it and talk to them, given a chance. That is a rational behavior, one of a man, not one of an animal.
edit: misread this. You are right. Shinoseki is not a hamster. :P Seriously, just because he is capable of thinking and acting apart from instict doesn't change the fact that he emotionally in fight or flight mode 90% of the time he interacts with people.
I will not pretend to speak for the author. I've had enough of that sort of arguments in Legend.

Besides, I don't even know what 'so far' means to you.

As for the motive, fine. I don't like the baggage it comes with, but it has been discussed to death, so it's time to let it rest. All I wanted is to point out that we weren't toothless even without it.
I'll concede that. We shot a man in the head after all. But I just wanted to point out that we might have an extra tooth or two now - maybe a snaggletooth, but hey, it's there.

Nevill

Arcane
Yes, that time. But the contact could occur at a variable time each night. Just as we make different decisions, so can our adversary. Also, when things are changing unpredictably (due to the ghosts or Shinoseki or free will or whatever), how to you ensure you know where someone is so you can meet and conspire with them? Just find out where they will be at the start, since that never seems to change. It may have taken him a bit to figure out he needed to do this and where the start is though.
[...]
An hour has gone by. That's plenty of time. 15 minutes was time enough for us to make contact with two people and become a murder suspect, wasn't it? And we really don't know that he isn't a traitor all along - this time - do we? Shulgi is as Shulgi does, you know...
I think this is an interesting point brought here.

Taketatsu is rotten, that much is obvious, but is he compromised since the very beginning?

I don't think so. Even if we suppose that our adversary (who I strongly suspect to be connected to either Kaimei, Shinohara, or both) singles him out as a potential ally and makes a beeline to him, there is still one important ingredient missing that - in my opinion - should prevent him from turning into a full-fledged traitor at this point.

Taketatsu's compliance.

No, really, it should take something drastic to turn a mild-mannered CEO of a company into a shriveling wreck groveling for his own life. People don't just wake up like that one day. There are indications that Taketatsu, just like everyone else, does not initially understand the gravity of the situation he is in, and only succumbs to the external influence later as it becomes more and more apparent that there is no simply leaving this place.

I mean, the demands the old man makes of him are pretty ridiculous. You don't carve up people alive and you do not sacrifice a 12 year old girl in some sick ritual just because an old jeezer promised you something. What is keeping people from turning to this behavior in the real world should still affect him. What if this is someone's cruel joke? What if the police arrives (if all these people ended up here, why can't a rescue team)? What if the others survive and turn you in? What if they kill you back as you try to murder them?

You have to become mentally unstable. You have to become desperate. You have to witness people die, or see some otherwordly shit, or become mortally wounded - you have to become affected by the hospital in some way before you give any weight to the insane ramblings of someone who promises you salvation at a dire cost, and stop caring about the consequences.

There needs to be some build-up, and it's just not there yet. That's why I think Taketatsu may still be salvageable if someone just keeps an eye on him, regardless of whether or not the contact have taken place by now.

Last edited:

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
“If… if you suspect me of doing it, why don’t we go take a look at the body for more clues?” If it somehow turns out that you did do the dirty deed, you would be signing your own death sentence, but you feel fairly certain that it wasn’t you. Probably.

Tokigawa seems uncertain. “The truth of these murders is something that concerns me,” he admits, “but right now I think our priority should be to escape.”

“Yeah, we should get out of here as soon as we can, then call for help!” agrees Okuyama.

“Actually, I beg to differ.” Maeda speaks up politely but aggressively. “We should be certain that none of us here are the killer. The murderer could easily sabotage our attempts to leave the hospital, or worse - pick us off one by one.”

“I have to agree with Nami-san,” murmurs Taketatsu quietly as he pushes his glasses up. “All our efforts will likely be in vain if we do not grasp the entirety of our predicament first.”

Tokigawa pushes up his own spectacles and nods. “Well, if that is the case… there should be no harm in investigating the ward. It is on our way after all. How shall we divide the group?”

“Shinichi and I want to take a look at the bodies,” states Maeda confidently on both her and Taketatsu’s behalf. A slight shrug is the only indicator of assent from the software entrepreneur.

“Bodies?” Tokigawa asks.

“Yes. If we are going to be undertaking an investigation, doesn’t it make sense to gather as much information as we can from different sources, Tokigawa-kun?” she lectures haughtily.

“The little miss is right,” says Mori. “It is quite likely that all of these people were killed by the same person… or persons. Focusing our search on one body will be too narrow.”

“I see. If we want to inspect the corpses, Midori-san and I should go along too, so as to provide what little expertise we can,” Tokigawa sighs.

“You will be going along with them, won’t you, Shinoseki?” asks Mori.

You nod reluctantly.

“Then I guess I have no choice but to tag along,” he smiles thinly. You wonder what he is… yakuza? He certainly looks grizzled enough to be one.

Tokigawa looks up and calls out to the others “Then-“

“Sorry, but I’ll be staying here.” Sakaki replies, his hand held up into the air as if he were a student in the classroom.

“Me too. Corpses and I don’t mix,” Juni-S claims.

“I’ll stay here with Sen- I mean… kukuku, such a mundane event will not sway me from my path,” cackles Amanozaki. It looks like she will not be going along either.

“If… if we’re going to be taking a closer look at corpses, count me out.” Kayano shivers – being a regular office lady, she does not seem to be handling the situation as well as the others.

Tokigawa turns and asks Sakimura and Uehara, “How about the two of you?”

“Me? I don’t know… I feel like I wanna go, but…” Sakimura casts a worried glance at Uehara. “Are you going to be okay with it?”

“Why wouldn’t I be?” Uehara shakes her head. “I’m not some wilting flower!” She looks at you and a grim smile fleets across her lips. “I think it will be better if we go too. Safety in numbers. Besides, staying here means I will have to be hanging around that gloomy, demented witch over there…”

Amanozaki responds with a litany of muttered, barely audible curses, which Uehara lets slide off her back with nothing but an amused, pitying grin.

“I suppose that is decided then,” says Tokigawa. “How should we proceed?”

“It would be more efficient to begin in the ward where Shinoseki moved the body, to see if there is any evidence that can confirm his guilt, since he is now our primary suspect. The rest of the corpses appear to be scattered throughout the hospital; we can get to them later,” advises Mori.

The rest nod their head and agree – they do not seem to have any problems with this course of action. With Mori hovering over your back like a shadow, you begin walking back towards the ward where all of this began.

As you re-enter the ward, you notice that Dr. Usui’s corpse is face-down on the floor. Did you leave it like that? You cannot remember. Maybe, maybe not. The room seems to be stuffier than you remembered it – you are finding it a bit hard to breathe, and the inklings of a headache is already building up in your skull.

“What is the matter, Shinoseki? You seem nervous,” asks Mori.

“It’s… it’s nothing.”

“Really? Perhaps you have seen something that you should share with us, but won’t?”

“No. Nothing at all,” you mutter softly. As you stare at the others, busy playing coroner with the corpse, you notice something out of the corner of your eye.

Under Mori’s worn-out trenchcoat, you catch a brief glimpse of a black holster.

A. From the size and shape… a Model 37? You revise your guess about his occupation: it is now more likely that he is a police detective. The criminal underworld, if they are to carry a gun at all, prefer to use semi-automatics; cheap Type 54s smuggled in from China. If he is undercover, however, he should usually be carrying a P230… perhaps he is off-duty, and not on an official assignment?

B. A holster? A gun!? Mori is carrying a gun – he could be a yakuza member or an undercover cop. You wonder which one he is…

“Hm? What are you looking at, Shinoseki?”

“E-Eh? No… I wasn’t looking at anything!” you say quickly, flustered. You gulp in fear, your heart pounding in your chest; the man has a gun… and wasn’t the dead doctor…

“He was shot!” calls out Tokigawa. “It looks like Dr. Usui probably bled out!”

“Shot, huh?” Mori narrows his eyes but does not move from your side. He folds his arms tightly, his right hand resting close to where the holster would be, under his coat. “Can you tell what calibre of ammunition he was shot with?”

“I’m sorry, Mori-san, that’s beyond my expertise. You would need a coroner with knowledge of ballistics for this. All I can tell is that these are definitely bullet wounds,” Tokigawa replies.

The wounds were definitely caused by small arms fire, in your opinion. In fact… could those wounds have been made by the one Mori carries?

It is possible.

01:30

A. “M-Mori-san… you have a gun, right?” You take the opportunity to quickly speak up, drawing attention to Mori. He has a gun, the doctor was shot – perhaps all the others too – and even if he is not the killer, this will help shift suspicion towards him and away from you.

B. “…” You keep quiet for now. You do not want to let Mori know that you know about the gun under his trenchcoat just yet. They haven’t finished their investigation at the moment; it may be better for you to wait and observe Mori's behaviour and how the overall situation develops, just for a little longer, before saying anything.

Last edited:

Nevill

Arcane
Well, I'll be damned, Lambchop was right again. :lol: I will have to increase the intensity of 'lalala can't hear you' from now on... :stupid:

They still split up. And here I thought we found some common ground.

The gun could prove useful later on if we can get our hands on it somehow. Best not to draw attention to it, it's not like we are in a position to point fingers at others.

As for the revolver, I don't feel like picking up another skill. It does not matter if we know who Mori is, it does not change the fact that he is armed with a gun, experienced in whatever he is doing, smart, dreamy... er, I mean, unfriendly, and is the leading figure for the 'Shinoseki is the prime suspect' camp.

Yakuza or detective, we will have to be careful around him. The knowledge of gun models does not add anything to this fact.

BB.

Last edited:

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
They still split up. And here I thought we found some common ground.

Wanting to find the murderer does not necessarily mean that you willingly get underfoot during an investigation. You can easily realize that you have nothing to contribute in that area and not want to be a bother, for example. Or you just don't want to look at corpses any more than you have to. In fact, shouldn't you be more suspicious of people who seem to have adapted to looking at dead bodies so quickly and easily? :M

Last edited:

Nevill

Arcane
Or you can realize that whatever overpowered several tens of people will probably have zero problems with a group of four, two of which are women, and stay close to someone who you think might be able to oppose them. Like Mori or even Sakimura.

Or serve as a bullet sponge, like everyone else.

In fact, that is one thing that makes accusations against us seem ridiculous. If we were able to slaughter the whole hospital with a gun and a truck of ammo behind us, why exactly do they think they can subdue us? What do they have to fear from us that we would not be able to do to them anyway if we were an armed murderer?

Anyway, if the investigation shows that we aren't the one who killed these people, isn't that a sign that the killer is still out there? And if it's us, isn't it dangerous to leave the others 'alone' with such a dangerous criminal? Doesn't it bother these people enough to sparkle at least a bit of interest in the outcome?

Then again, we are talking about people who wanted to split up in a building full of fresh corpses. :M

Last edited:

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Or you can realize that whatever overpowered several tens of people will probably have zero problems with a group of four, two of which are women, and stay close to someone who you think might be able to oppose them. Like Mori or even Sakimura.

Or serve as a bullet sponge, like everyone else.

If whatever it is overpowered several tens of people with no apparent harm, it will have zero problems with a group of ten.

In fact, that is one thing that makes accusations against us seem ridiculous. If we were able to slaughter the whole hospital with a gun and a truck of ammo behind us, why exactly do they think they can subdue us? What do they have to fear from us that we would not be able to do to them anyway if we were an armed murderer?

If you noticed, the only reason there was an accusation against you was because you tried to imply Tokigawa was shady in the first place. Turnabout is fair play. :M

Note that you are not restrained in any way even though you are a suspect, either. Compare this to what happened in the first night. They don't really think you killed anyone. Not yet, at any rate.

Anyway, if the investigation shows that we aren't the one who killed these people, isn't that a sign that the killer is still out there? And if it's us, isn't it dangerous to leave the others 'alone' with such a dangerous criminal? Doesn't it bother these people enough to sparkle at least a bit of interest in the outcome?

Here's a thought: not everyone here trusts each other fully, and some of them might even know something you don't.

Tigranes

Arcane
BB. Codex can't resist a possible power up, but there surely has to be a downside to picking them every single time.

This was not the worst outcome after our idiotic attempt to attack Tokugawa - the group is still split but the majority are with us, our name should be cleared as well.

Baltika9

Arcane
BB. Codex can't resist a possible power up, but there surely has to be a downside to picking them every single time.

This was not the worst outcome after our idiotic attempt to attack Tokugawa - the group is still split but the majority are with us, our name should be cleared as well.
It's not about the powerup, really, but more about it meshing well with our other skills: lockpicking, hacking, climbing, swimming and an apparent talent for killing. Yeah, I want our guy to be a criminal (yakuza/hitman/whatever). Just because he is socially awkward, doesn't preclude him from being one.
With characters like Mori and Amanozaki around, that would be a pretty cool character to play as.

Last edited:

Nevill

Arcane
It's not about the powerup, really, but more about it meshing well with our other skills: lockpicking, hacking, climbing, swimming...
...genetic desease knowledge, talent for math, Sartre appreciation, and mop combat expertise.

It's meshing everything into a one big pile.

Baltika9

Arcane
It can be justified for a criminal: yeah, we learned how to patch up our own wounds (see Amanozaki and her father), and being a socially awkward nerd doesn't preclude us from being a criminal. I'm just saying that it is the type of character I want Shinoseki to be.

Edit:
mop combat expertise.
Actually, that would be something a killer would be good at.

Nevill

Arcane
Everything can be justified for a criminal, including smelling the roses, horse racing, and watching TV shows for aging housewives. Gotta know the habits of your victims, amirite?

Amanozaki didn't learn to patch her wounds properly, and she sure as hell does not know anything about genes because that is in no way related to the first aid you are referring to.

Also,
It's not about the powerup, really, but more about it meshing well with our other skills: lockpicking, hacking, climbing
our other skills: lockpicking, hacking, climbing
About that...
If you aren’t a locksmith, but a thief after all… maybe you are good at climbing?

[...10 minutes later...]

Oh no, not again.
:lol:

Baltika9

Arcane
Everything can be justified for a criminal, including smelling the roses, horse racing, and watching TV shows for aging housewives. Gotta know the habits of your victims, amirite?

Amanozaki didn't learn to patch her wounds properly, and she sure as hell does not know anything about genes because that is in no way related to the first aid you are referring.
Pretty much. Like I said, playing a character with a criminal background in a situation like this interests me, so I'm picking skills that will mesh with that. And if you disagree, that's cool with me.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom