Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] Spiral

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
C

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
“How did you begin your work as a psychic? Surely you were not born into a family of exorcists… right?”

“Kukuku… finally you realize the full extent of my powers...” Amanozaki chuckles lightly before shaking her head. “No, there’s no need to play that role now, is there? Everything’s gone nuts and all… Heck, I’m surprised I haven’t followed suit. Why are you asking about me anyway?” She still seems fairly wary of you.

“Well, I… uh…”

“You’re not good at chitchat, I get it. Ah, why couldn’t I have met a rube like you before this?”

“Rube?”

“Never mind. Well, I suppose it wouldn’t hurt to enlighten you a bit. I got into this line of work primarily because of Hidekata-sensei and Sakaki-sensei’s works. Have you heard of them? We’ve found Hidekata-sensei’s notes, if you remember.”

You do remember: a journalist who writes about occult matters. You nod.

“Sakaki-sensei’s been his long-time collaborator, and has written plenty of books about the psychic world. Anyway, a customer gifted one of their books to me. Got hooked before I knew it. I had already been picking up some tarot reading skills before that anyway… the customers love that kinda thing, and so did the girls. They liked my stuff since it was really accurate, the whole psychic side-business picked up, and before I knew it, I was playing it up for the public. That’s… about it.”

“So… does that mean you don’t really believe in what you do?”

“What are you, dumb? Of course I do!” she snaps. “This sorta work needs belief. You can’t pull it off otherwise. My fortune-tellings were accurate and well-received before I took on the name of Amanozaki Touko.”

“O-Oh, it’s a fake name,” you remark. Somehow, you aren’t too surprised – Amanozaki is a rather flashy name to be coincidental. “Then…”

“My real name is none of your business,” replies Amanozaki brusquely, and more than a little evasively. “What about you, then? All I know of you is your name, Shinoseki, and that you might be a lolicon.”

“I… I’m not a lolicon,” you mutter.

“Right, pull the other one. What’s the deal with you anyway? How’d you get here? Timid guy like you, I’m surprised you’ve lasted this long.”

23:14

A. "Hm... I need to adjust the bandaging a bit. H-Hang on, let me clean this up for you..."

B. “I was just… here for some medication… yeah. Then I got caught up with it. Probably just like all the others… Just your everyday, normal guy… haha…”

C. “To tell the truth… I don’t remember anything from before I woke up here. There are some - well, a lot of - holes in my memory.”

D. “This might sound crazy… but I feel like I have some ties to this hospital… like I was meant to be here somehow. I saw this vision…”

E. You interrupt her questioning by poking her a little harder than you are supposed to with the suturing needle.

Last edited:

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
There are two options B, and no option E. +M

23:14

A. "Hm... I need to adjust the bandaging a bit. H-Hang on, let me clean this up for you..."

B. “I was just… here for some medication… yeah. Then I got caught up with it. Probably just like all the others… Just your everyday, normal guy… haha…”

B. “To tell the truth… I don’t remember anything from before I woke up here. There are some - well, a lot of - holes in my memory.”

C. “This might sound crazy… but I feel like I have some ties to this hospital… like I was meant to be here somehow. I saw this vision…”

D. You interrupt her questioning by poking her a little harder than you are supposed to with the suturing needle.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
...will an update come earlier if I flop to C? :)

Edit: doesn't look like it. Ah, well, D it is, then.

Last edited:

Nevill

Arcane
It is less about hiding anything, and more about choosing a topic that interests us more.

That said, I do not mind telling her. I just think that it is more productive to talk about something we know than about something we don't.

Last edited:

a cut of domestic sheep prime

E looks like asking about her unlocked an option to find out about ourselves...

Might as well ask about the vision while we still remember it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nevill

Arcane
Lambchop may be right.

Our condition persists between the iterations, while our flashback may be unique to this one due to the amulet Amanozaki gave us.

Then again, maybe we are confessing the loss of memory because of the 'bond' we formed, which might be unique, too.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom