Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] Spiral

Jester

Arbiter
Need 3 votes for E to get that demon summoning going.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Votes closing in a couple of hours, so if there's any last minute changes best put it in.

Esquilax

Arcane
Esquilax Absinthe etc, no conditionals?

I voted for a horror LP in hopes of seeing the sickest things that Japan was capable of. A goofy Scooby Doo character simply will not do. I doubt that this will be the first chance we get a chance to develop this character, but I'd rather start us off in the proper direction. B just seems so bland. Going EXTREME SHEPARD on a couple of twelve year olds seems kind of stupid, but at least it's a hell of a lot more interesting, though sadly, it has little popularity.

Flopping to A>D>C

Last edited:

Baltika9

Arcane
treave, will we get an appropriate hat if C wins?
Photo4.jpg

Absinthe

Arcane
Voting straight D because I wanna be the biggest bastard possible and you don't compromise/half-ass being a bastard.

You guys are voting for more silly heroic characters. What happened to being an asshole for once?

I already have my objective in mind: I want to take over the entire goddamn hospital.

LWC1996

Learned
Guh... I'll flop D>C. Only if D lacks the number to win.
I'm so sorry Aizen-sama.

Last edited:

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
You guys are voting for more silly heroic characters. What happened to being an asshole for once?

:lol:

When push comes to shove, Codex'll be paladining like nobody's business. We're all good guys here.

A - 6
B - 7
C - 7
D - 5
E - 3

Post-flop:

A - 4
B - 9
C - 11
D - 2
E - 3

Last edited:

Tigranes

Arcane
Flop to D>C>A, which might make things even more even. I suppose we have no hope of playing the C recessive weirdo type properly.

Kipeci

Arcane
Voting straight D because I wanna be the biggest bastard possible and you don't compromise/half-ass being a bastard.

I already have my objective in mind: I want to take over the entire goddamn hospital.
What happened was that we were already Dio and being a scheming dick with him was probably the least enjoyable part of the Epic, though it was still fine and I'm sure that we'd still be alright if D won out.

However, what we haven't gone for is the character that takes the 'fuck this, run screaming into the desert' option, and I'd really rather that that win out with A. If not, the dopey friendmaker is still better in my book since it's at least something we haven't tried already.

Actually, I think I'll flop my vote to A > anything that's not D. Being a socially crippled wreck or an overly aggressive, outright jerk are also paths we haven't really taken for these.

Akkudakku

Arbiter

What happened was that we were already Dio and being a scheming dick with him was probably the least enjoyable part of the Epic, though it was still fine and I'm sure that we'd still be alright if D won out.

However, what we haven't gone for is the character that takes the 'fuck this, run screaming into the desert' option, and I'd really rather that that win out with A. If not, the dopey friendmaker is still better in my book since it's at least something we haven't tried already.

Actually, I think I'll flop my vote to A > anything that's not D. Being a socially crippled wreck or an overly aggressive, outright jerk are also paths we haven't really taken for these.

Fun Fact: I skipped reading the whole Dio part in Epic, didn't like the slimy dickwad from the first acapits, congrats treave you wrote him THAT well BRO.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Dio was plain sad and painful to watch. Codex just can't into intrigue.

He is hailed as a calculating and cold schemer around these parts, but all I ever saw was an incompetent and malicious asshole with a death wish stumbling around blindly and lashing out in random directions. A stupid evil character at its worst.

In the end, his biggest accomplishment I've seen was bumbling his way into the MacGuffin sword that bailed him out of yet another mortal peril his stupidity got him into. Right after that the 'Dex lost control over him and he grew into a magnificent manipulative bastard we all remember from the later chapters. But when he was a protagonist? Meh.

I think Codex would fare pretty well playing an oblivious cheerful simpleton, or a socially inept creep, though. :P

Elfberserker

Liturgist
I think the problem playing as any smart and calculating character is that we got something like 20-30 players voting for actions...We got some pretty smart people here, but then we have goofus like me as majority of voters :lol:
As far as intrigue and manipulation goes, it doesn't help that codex has same sort of social eye that we commonly find in lemmings:lol:

I haven't read the epic to end, but the impression I got here was that we haven't played as paranoid as fuck guy or actual happy go luck goofus...Sure we had some bold, trolling and charismatic characters, but something akin to happy comic relief guy? Or that matter crazy paranoid and sane guy in horror settings?

Nevill

Arcane
You mean Senya?
No. Senya wasn't a creep in the slightest. He was a bit bookish fellow at first, but a healthy (?) dose of Codexian YOLO cured him of that rather quickly.

He still had potential to go completely bonkers after the Grey Death disaster, but I am sad to say the Dex didn't take treave up on that offer. :(

Or that matter crazy paranoid and sane guy in horror settings?
I would like to note that a sane guy would not be crazy paranoid and would not run away from those who - as far as he knows - might be the only people in the abandoned and/or haunted hospital.

Last edited:

Elfberserker

Liturgist
I would like to note that a sane guy would not be crazy paranoid and would not run away from - as far as he knows - might be the only people in the abandoned hospital.

I dunno man.
Finding highschoolers in hospital that didn't have patients nor nurses sounds highly suspicious to me...Not to mention after experiencing that sheet and footstep fuckery in that room.
Running away from anything in place like that sounds sane to me...Especially when we don't who the fuck took us in here..

Nevill

Arcane
He was one awkward sociopath in his early chapters and we, being the Dex, forced him to change into a sardonic, smart-mouthed Ean.
What's wrong with being a sociopath? (righteous anger)

A guy who does not very much like a company of others is a bit different from a guy who simply does not know how to communicate with others.

We've played the former (a kewl haxx0r delinquent kind of guy), but not the latter (Cao'er).

Last edited:

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
A really sane and genre-savvy protagonist wouldn't be surprised at the presence of high schoolers. After all, he knows he's in Japan and something weird is going on. In fact, it would be weird if he didn't encounter any.

The question is, how many high schoolers are there?

And... is he one himself?

Nevill

Arcane
I dunno man.
Finding highschoolers in hospital that didn't have patients nor nurses sounds highly suspicious to me...Not to mention after experiencing that sheet and footstep fuckery in that room.
Running away from anything in place like that sounds sane to me...Especially when we don't who the fuck took us in here..
Well, I know.

For fuck's sake, we have no idea what our name is or how we got there. How suspicious is that? Maybe we are the DEMONZ? Maybe we should go hang ourselves to prevent unleashing an untold horror on the world?

This trail of thoughts isn't healthy.

The hospital is fishy, but if we are here, then it would make sense for other people to be here as well. They are relieved to see us (at least the boy is) and are clearly uncomfortable themselves, so it is likely their circumstances are not much different than ours. They are together, so they might be awake for longer than we are (to be able to find each other) and might know more than we do.

Running away would be paranoid, but hardly sane and/or reasonable.

The question is, how many high schoolers are there?
Twelve?

Elfberserker

Liturgist
The hospital is fishy, but if we are here, then it would make sense for other people to be here as well. They are relieved to see us (at least the boy is) and are clearly uncomfortable themselves, so it is likely their circumstances are not much different than ours. They are together, so they might be awake for longer than we are and might know more than we do.

Running away would be paranoid, but hardly sane and/or reasonable

Well there is logical reasoning in running away.
Our nameless one runs away till he finds out what is going around here.
Sure it might not be as effective as boldly greet random highschoolers, but we will not be chained by their company...Nor will we be entangled in their problems.

Staying out of sight, while finding information isn't the most stupidiest thing we have done even thought it's paranoid.

But I have to admit that making speculations of any kind, when we haven't even created a character is...Well...:lol:

Nevill

Arcane
Our nameless one runs away till he finds out what is going around here.
Sure it might not be as effective as boldly greet random highschoolers, but we will not be chained by their company...Nor will we be entangled in their problems.
But isn't talking to others and comparing our experiences the faster way to find out what is happening? These guys aren't dressed in military uniforms and don't sport weapons of any kind. They also do not seem to be a part of hospital staff.

They are out of place here, but so are we.

See, this is the kind of paranoid I am talking about. Isn't that our choice to keep their company or not? But no, we must run away, lest they mesmerize us with their schoolchildren charms and make us do all the work! :D

Staying out of sight, while finding information isn't the most stupidiest thing we have done even thought it's paranoid.
I am not saying it is stupid. I am saying it is unreasonable.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom