Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] Spiral

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
CBB > BBA

The issue with the girls hiding is that if we don't distract the ghost for whatever reason, they are all to likely screwed.

Akkudakku

Arbiter
Nevill why do you want the girls to go into the locker room. There is the DOOM BAG OF DOOM in there. And that equals death.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
The issue with the girls hiding is that if we don't distract the ghost for whatever reason, they are all to likely screwed.
That is why we are attempting to actively grab its attention, which is already half-focused on us. That is why there are two choices - to do that, or just to run away.

We know it is already aware of our presence, we know that it begrudges us personally, and we know that it is vengeful. If it were not, it would not haunt the hospital in the first place.
“It’s… a vengeful spirit, I’m thinking. A very powerful, strong ghost, who died with so much hatred that it couldn’t move on. I’m not much of a betting person, but I’ll betcha it’s bound to this hospital and probably the main culprit for whatever’s going on.
It lashes out at everything living, but its hatred seems to be directed at us specifically.

I'd be more worried for ourselves. :) The spirit is said to be able to bend time and space, after all.

Running away together with CBB is an option, but we would have to split up (even though we start running in the same direction), and Amanozaki would have to carry Mitsuki, which I don't know if she is able to.

Nevill why do you want the girls to go into the locker room. There is the DOOM BAG OF DOOM in there. And that equals death.
I believe my rationalisation of the choice addresses that point pretty clearly.

What is a DOOM BAG, exactly, why is it OF DOOM, and why does it equal death? Were we at any point bitten or strangled by a bag?

It's just a rotten flesh. The danger is a spirit of a deceased that haunts the place, not a part of their corpse. One might argue that a spirit is bound to where the corpse is buried or hidden, but, incidentally, the spirit is right here before our eyes. If it is busy and distracted, what is the danger of the DOOM BAG?

It's not like I am sure of anything, but it feels to me that we are afraid of the wrong thing and for the wrong reasons.

Last edited:

Akkudakku

Arbiter
This whole damn thing is probably Cao'er punishing tigerbro for leaving her alone for a long time.
This explains everything.

She even made us suffer from shyness so we know how she felt.

Also anyone watched Sword Art Online? What about this being a VR horror went bad? +M

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Actually, Shinoseki is a robot.

Since I don't celebrate Thanksgiving, update is delayed to tomorrow.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
A predecessor of Marvin the Paranoid Android, if that's what you mean. Instead of a brain the (metaphorical) size of a planet, he merely has a brain the (metaphorical) size of a city, and no infra-red sight.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Track: broken

As Mitsuki and Amanozaki dart back into the locker room, you wave at the approaching spirit desperately, as if trying to flag down its attention. It is not moving too fast, as it is forced to drag its broken body along the hallway, squelching as it goes. You back away slowly, keeping a fixed distance from it.

The thing stops its dreadful crawl. You get the feeling that behind the swirling darkness, it is looking at you... that you have caught its attention.

Then, just as suddenly as it had stopped, it charges forward with a soul-rending wail, moving with a jerky, unnerving quality as if it is like a recording that has been played at double speed.

Run.

You do not need to think that thought twice. You flee, and it gives chase. It’s not even running! That’s cheating! The entity is surging through the air towards you, seemingly borne by the shadows that surround it. Wait, that’s right. Ghosts can fly, can’t they? Feeling rather stupid for forgetting that common fact, you round the corner and find yourself face to face with a flight of stairs. You bound up it, ignoring the stinging ache in your ankle and the hair-raising chill on your neck.

It is close.

You do not want to find out how close. You continue to run through the deserted hallways of the hospital, focusing only on how fast your feet can move. You cease paying attention to how long you have been running and where you are running to: the only thing you can think of is to run.

Still, you are only human. Your muscles begin to scream in protest. Your lungs heave for air, burning as if they had been set on fire. As you push yourself to move forward, trying desperately to ignore the presence closing in swiftly behind you, you find yourself in front of a long corridor. Though it looks similar, you cannot be certain whether it is the same one you used to enter this building – for one, the doors are open. The pressure bears down upon you, causing the buzzing in your head to magnify a hundred-fold. You feel as if you are swimming through molasses: your limbs are finding it harder and harder to cut through the air. Everything – yourself, and the world around you – begins to move in slow-motion.

Your calf twitches – the prelude to a painful cramp, that much you know – and your pace falters.

Well, shit.

Clammy, wet fingers close around the back of your neck. The bruise on your ankle pulses, sending a spear of intense pain up your spine and into your brain. You find yourself unable to breath – every time you try to inhale, the air seems to liquefy after entering your nose and lungs. Your eyes bulge from the strain; a taste of iron fills up your mouth as blood begins streaming from your nose, trickling between your lips. Gurgling and spluttering and choking, you scrabble desperately to tear yourself from the icy, vise-like grip as the darkness creeps into the sides of your vision.

we have to report the director

I know your career will be compromised, but I

how can you call yourself a doctor when you turn a blind eye

why are you here

where is

no, we don’t need to talk

A fall.

An empty pool.

Her skull feels strangely light. In front of her, blood – her blood – is seeping into the gaps between the blue tiles that are so unlike the polished marble of the hospital’s restaurant, where you are eating. He frowns at the girl interrupting your lunch, but it does not seem to work. She ties her long hair back, with no concern for your displeasure, and begins tucking in. The food at this university is way too expensive, she says, and she asks how he can afford to eat here every day. You don’t, and he has never paid for a single meal in his life. You wouldn’t know. Laughing, the girl introduces herself and stretches out her hand for a shake.

Her hand.

That was all he could reach.

With that memory, your chest burns and you realize with a start that the front pocket of your shirt has burst into blue flames. Amanozaki’s charm. That is where you kept it. The unpleasantly warm ghostly fire snaps you awake, clearing the fog that has obscured your mind. You can feel the presence behind you diminishing, its grip on you loosening. Taking the chance, you scramble away on your hands and knees, putting as much distance between you and the entity as you can.

It is a difficult task to move even those few inches.

The floor is spinning all around you. The walls seem to twist and turn, buckling in on themselves, as you try to catch your breath. Amanozaki’s charm has been reduced to black ashes, spilling out across the floor as you crawl. Cloaked in fading shadows, it – her – is still reaching after you, but its movements are dulled now. Sluggish. Did the charm have an effect? You are initially optimistic, but soon realize that it is the only one you had, and now a pile of ashes that is not likely to save you a second time should you get caught.

She slowly comes to a halt, her head jerking intermittently from side to side.

you

who

I

Her words seem to float into your mind, the ghastly voice sending a cold shiver down your spine. Clutching her head, the woman lets out a pained moan.

where is he

who are you

She takes a step forward, closer to you. She is close enough now that you can see a pair of dead eyes that shine dully in the darkness, a hint of hateful madness glinting deep within.

14:13

A. You flee down the bridge. She seems slow enough that she would be unable to chase after you. You are no longer sure where it is going to lead, but anywhere is better than here right now. You don’t think you can survive another second of this. If you cannot save yourself, you cannot save anyone else, after all.

B. You try to dart past the woman. It will be hard, but since she seems to have been slowed down by Amanozaki’s charm, there seems to be an opening you can exploit. You need to get back to Mitsuki and Amanozaki, wherever they are at the moment. This place is too dangerous to be wandering about alone.

C. You attempt to converse with her. Since she is (technically) talking at the moment, perhaps you can start a negotiation and seek a more diplomatic end to your supernatural woes. If you can convince or otherwise appease her, you might be able to solve your problem in one shot.

D. She is a woman, right? She seems to have someone she loved, right? Maybe she’s just starved for love and affection, right? If I kiss her, she might be pleased, right? Right? There are times when you have to do what you have to do, regardless of what consequences may come. It might work. Right?

m4davis

Scholar
B Sphere Diplomacy for the win! though seriously I doubt that we can outrun her and I am probably wrong but I think this has a better chance of not pissing her off then d.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom