Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] Spiral

Tigranes

Arcane
The truly obsessive compulsive thing would be to AA.

BB. Sadly I can't analyse what's going on with much detail at the moment, but I suppose we are going to die a couple more times...

Rex Feral

Prophet
It's 02:00 on our phone, although the real time is 00:00.

Might be that we have 22 more tries.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
It's 02:00 on our phone, although the real time is 00:00.
Not only on our phone, but on the watch as well. The time have stopped for the hospital, yet it continues for us. We are reliving a day within a day.

I kind of noticed that the hospital becomes more normal at time goes on. There are files in the cabinets, and now the street lights can be seen through the windows.

It might be that once the dawn comes, we will be back to our reality. I find it hard to imagine the horror setting in the daylight.

That might imply that the number of tries we have is far more limited.

Besides, it is easier to imagine that the number of nights in the witch's note goes up to 7, or 10 than that it goes all the way to 24. Those nights might be connected to what we experience, or they might not.

Last edited:

Elfberserker

Liturgist
Going to roof second time might not be bad idea actually.
I mean why did we wake up in our current location? We also know that hospital and outside areas fills up as more nights passes.

Surely there must be a reason we woke up nearer the roof? This might actually be good test, if events unfold the same way or diffrent way...However I am not eager to go to rooftops, because falling from roof can be funny for so many times in the row.

BX

Akkudakku

Arbiter
Not only on our phone, but on the watch as well. The time have stopped for the hospital, yet it continues for us. We are relivilng a day within a day.

I kind of noticed that the hospital becomes more normal at time goes on. There are files in the cabinets, and now the street lights can be seen through the windows.

It might be that once the dawn comes, we will be back to our reality. I find it hard to imagine the horror setting in the daylight.

That might imply that the number of tries we have is far more limited.

Besides, it is easier to imagine that the number of nights in the witch's note goes up to 7, or 10 than that it goes all the way to 24. Those nights might be connected to what we experience, or they might not.
If it's just 7 tries this will be one short ride. On a trainwreck - knowing Codex.

Now the question is - how do we influance the final outcome?
Do we try to save people?
Do we try not to die?

Nevill

Arcane
Why don't we try to understand what is going on, first? That might influence the final outcome.

We have learned quite a bit during our first attempt, even though it is nothing conclusive.

Rex Feral

Prophet
I do have to wonder if we're not all insane. I mean our character and the others.

There were some patient files on us and the others, so we might actually be undergoing Intensive Treatment in a collective experiment.

Our character can't remember from one night to the other, besides we are currently meeting up after each "death" with someone who strikes me as a shrink who tries to "help" us asking psychological questions and offering cryptic advice.

Each other character can be mad in their own way, though I can't speak too much for the others since we barely tried interacting with them, and when we did we did it as awkwardly as humanly possible.

Nevill

Arcane
If we believe the files, the hospital is dedicated entirely to healing the ailments of the body, not ones of the mind. Just read the list of facilities and what kind of services are on offer.

There is no reason for us to undergo any kind of psychologic treatment here, of all places.

It is entirely possible that the documents we find here are imaginary, too, but then we regress to the conclusion that 'it is all in the character's head' and invalidate our attempts to connect the dots and make sense of the available information.

I think there is something else going on.

Nyarmith

Educated
Despite really liking rooftops...
BB

Besides, Mitsuki will just as likely be kidnapped while guarding the door or turn out to be evil. We might as well try not to die this time.

Akkudakku

Arbiter
I think that everybody else in the hospital is brainwashed too.
We started to really think we are Adahn instead of TNO for example.
So what if the others have the same amnesia problem as us?

Maybe Mitsuki is the chopped up kid from that newspaper for example??

Nevill

Arcane
Do they see multiple Moris running around the hospital?

Do they claim that Mori talked them into killing someone?

Are they in a habit of disappearing for 9 hours without any memories of what they've been doing?

If not, then we might as well accept that we are the only odd one out.

Rex Feral

Prophet
Yeah, but neither can we remember what the fuck we did when we were out for a couple of ours. So even if this isn't entirely in our head, our character might still have some serios psychic problems. Multiple personality disorder, schizophrenia are the least that come to mind.

Nevill

Arcane
Yeah, but neither can we remember what the fuck we did when we were out for a couple of hours. So even if this isn't entirely in our head, our character might still have some serios psychic problems.
Dude, there are time-space distortions and dead people walking around. And life-threatening bruises. What kind of psychic problems can explain that?

A little memory loss is not the strangest thing we've encountered by far.

ChumBucket

Augur
Rex does present an interesting theory. We could be experiencing hypnotic therapy. The hospital itself could be a construct within our mind. We could be the original (or at the very least dominant) personality, and everyone we run into is a different personality of our fractured mind. The Evil could be the the actual triggering event that splintered our mind in the first place, so horrible we try to rationalize it away, but it is still slowly eating away at us regardless of what we do. I am not saying that this is the direction treave is going with the story, but I like the thought that went into this.

Elfberserker

Liturgist
Can we focus on staying alive as long as possible and perhaps getting to female showers before trying to unravel this thing?
We don't know if characters personality stays consistance trought each night, because if hospital can change then why not other characters?

Lets try to find out if last nights affected other characters. Does that CEO or Maeda have diffrent reactions us to this time or do they stay the same?

Tigranes

Arcane
Yeah, the crucial thing is to figure out whether all the other people are still alive the way they were before, whether anything different has happened to them. It would be funny if the same TNO thing was happening to them the way it was happening to us (symbolised by disappearing bodies) and we were all pretending we don't know this.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom