Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] Spiral

Baltika9

Arcane
No, anyone but Maeda. Her faux-intelligentsia act is fucking disgusting.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
No, anyone but Maeda. Her faux-intelligentsia act is fucking disgusting.
That's the result of a difficult childhood when she was brought up to be a 'proper lady' and was punished for behaving like a normal girl.

With us, she has a chance to be herself again. The hospital does not differentiate between classes and upbringings.

She will be free with us, for all eternity. It's a good deal. She'll take it. We dare her not to take it. We'll kill one person a day if she does not take it.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
track: banquet

You only manage to make it as far as the point where Uehara enters the room before Sakimura pushes you aside impatiently and slams the door open with his shoulder. “Uehara! Uehara, are you-“ His voice falters into a strangled croak. Mori rushes past you, as does Tokigawa and Okuyama. Behind you, you hear Okuyama scream.

“No one else is to come in here! Don't even look!” bellows Mori quickly. “That goes double for you, Iwano!”

Kayano holds Mitsuki closer to her, both expressing looks of concern. Taketatsu turns away, shaking his head. Maeda is fearful and shivering, her hands wrapped around her waist. Sakaki glances at you briefly, and then at the room behind you.

For some reason, you feel compelled to turn around.

Of course, there she is. Uehara is still in the room. She didn’t vanish from it like some magic trick. She was still in there when the door was closed, and she is still there now that the door is open. Sitting there, in the corner where the garbage bag was lying, her back against the wall and her legs sprawled apart. There’s her feet, still clad in her school shoes. A thick pool of blood is spreading across the white floor like a monster extending its slimy tendrils, seeking out gaps to seep into. The entire front of her shirt has been stained rose-red.

That is how much blood there is in the human body

You are finding it hard to breath. Your gaze moves slowly upwards, to her face. What is left of it, at least. Everything above her upper jaw has been pulverized and crushed into a messy mush of meat and bone and brain. You see pink and white poking out in between red. Fragments of teeth are embedded into the flesh like pearls. Her short hair is tangled and matted from the sticky blood. Whatever is left of her brain is oozing from the flattened and shattered skull, a whitish-grey, jelly-like substance with the consistency of mashed tofu. Her lower jaw still remains intact, as is her tongue, hanging loosely over the side of her slackened chin.

Sakimura sinks to his knees in front of the corpse, gagging in disbelief. You can only stand there, staring at the gruesome sight before you. Just what had happened? It had not even been a minute. You had last seen her less than a minute ago. This was... impossible.

“This is… Uehara?” Even Mori seems a bit shaken by the sight. “Can you be sure?”

“Yes… those are her clothes. There is… her nametag… and I would know her by sight even if I could not see her… her face…” whispers Sakimura.

“The trauma is horrendous,” murmurs Tokigawa softly.

Okuyama seems to have recovered slightly from her initial shock, her hand placed over her chest. “I… let’s cover her up, Kou.”

“No, wait. We should investigate her body first,” says Mori. “There could be some clues left behind.”

“…clues? What more clues do you need?”

“What do you mean, Sakimura?” Mori’s voice carries a hint of warning, but Sakimura stands up regardless. Tears in his eyes, the high school student strides towards you angrily.

“This bastard here is the culprit! Of course it’s him!”

"N-no, I didn't-" You flinch in the face of Sakimura’s rage, snapping out of the stupor that had engulfed you upon witnessing Uehara's end. Though you hold up your hands in futile protest, Sakimura remains undeterred; he grabs you by the collar and hurls you back into the room. You stagger and drop to your hands and knees. As you try to get up, Sakimura smashes his fist into your cheek, sending you sprawling back to the floor. The side of your head thuds painfully against the floor when you land in the pool of Uehara’s blood. The inside of your skull rings from the blow. You have no idea what is more unpleasant - the pain, or the sensation of the sticky blood adhering to your stinging cheek.

“You fucking murderer!” he shouts, kicking you in the ribs. Something seems to give way, and you curl up on the bloody floor silently, shuddering in agony as you cough and sputter.

“Sakimura, enough!” With one hand, Mori jerks Sakimura back before he can land another blow. His grip is strong enough to restrain the boy with ease.

“Let me go, old man! He killed Uehara! Probably Amanozaki too! I’m going to butcher him!”

“That is not certain yet. From the looks of this place, there was a struggle before she was killed. Look at all the upturned trolleys and equipment, and the blood spatter across the walls. The one who killed Uehara would have a lot of blood on them, yet Shinoseki’s clothes were clean when we saw him.”

“He could have cleaned up! There’s a sink in here, right over there! Are you blind?” shouts Sakimura, twisting and turning around. He lashes out at Mori in his attempt to get free of the older man’s grip.

“Sakimura-kun!” yells Tokigawa.

Mori’s eyes widen in surprise, but he does not seem otherwise perturbed. Moving at a speed that belies his age, he knocks away Sakimura’s punch and backhands the boy across the face hard. The slap is resoundingly loud, leaving behind a spreading red mark on Sakimura's cheek.

“Get a grip on yourself, kid. There is a time and place for you to rage and vent, but it is not here and now.” Scowling, Mori takes out a cigarette and lights up. “You are doing Uehara’s memory a disservice by behaving like a wild animal. I did not know her long, but that is probably not what she would have wanted.”

“But-“

“Whatever conclusions we come to must be after thorough reasoning,” says Mori. As he lectures Sakimura to calm him down, you slowly crawl to your knees. Your flank still hurts from that kick earlier, and your cheek feels like it is burning up.

“We can’t just trust him! Even if he didn't kill her, he could have shut her up in here for all we know!” protests Sakimura.

“I have to support Sakimura-kun on this matter,” Tokigawa nods. “I don’t think Shinoseki-san had entirely nothing to do with… this.”

“I do not trust Shinoseki Adachi either,” mutters Mori, glancing at you. “Uehara’s fate aside, he still has to explain why he went missing just before Amanozaki was found dead. We’ll need to tie him up... to restrain him somewhere while we investigate this. We don’t know if he is guilty, but on the other hand, we cannot be sure he is innocent either.”

Amanozaki’s… dead too?

12:10

A. They’re going to tie you up? Uehara is dead, and so is Amanozaki. Something dreadful lurks in this hospital. If you let them imprison you, isn’t it as good as receiving a death sentence? You aren’t about to sit here and wait for that to happen; once you are bound it will be too late to escape. They won't believe anything you say anyway. You run for it.

B. You give in to their wishes. You are innocent, and you are sure whatever they find will exonerate you of your supposed crimes and support your story in a way. If you do as they say and submit to them, surely they won’t harm you. Regardless of whatever happens next, it is probably better for you to stick to the group from now on rather than try and make it on your own.

Last edited:

Nevill

Arcane
Well. This is intriguing.
“That is not certain yet. From the looks of this place, there was a struggle before she was killed. Look at all the upturned trolleys and equipment, and the blood spatter across the walls. The one who killed Uehara would have a lot of blood on them, yet Shinoseki’s clothes were clean when we saw him.”

“He could have cleaned up! There’s a sink in here, right over there! Are you blind?” shouts Sakimura, twisting and turning around. He lashes out at Mori in his attempt to get free of the older man’s grip.
Someone clearly never got blood on their clothes. Getting it all squeaky-clean in a sink? What a joke. They have nothing on us.

I know that running away from them will probably lead to something interesting and royally fucked-up, but for a moment I want to stay and try to explain ourselves. Clearly, the shadows did it, and any rational person would be able to see that.

Besides, if Sakimura goes missing while we are tied, we would have an alibi, yes?

B.

Last edited:

Elfberserker

Liturgist
A

Oh Shit! It has begun!
Do we have any bruisings or any signs from hitting hard objects on our fists or legs? Does the room have any sort of tool that is splattered in blood?
Surely the doctor or Mori can notice those things once situation has calmed down that there was no sing of physical contact on us, excpect the ones we got now.
:avatard:

Edit: flopped

Last edited:

Nevill

Arcane
“This is… Uehara?” Even Mori seems a bit shaken by the sight. “Can you be sure?”

“Yes… those are her clothes. There is… her nametag… and I would know her by sight even if I could not see her… her face…” whispers Sakimura.
Well, if there is anything I've learned from VNs, it's "don't trust the corpses whose faces you have not seen".
A slight movement draws your attention. Turning your eyes towards one of the monitors, you see a long-haired girl in school clothes. The design looks familiar – the uniform appears to be the same as the ones that Uehara and Sakimura wear.

“…Mori-san, where is that?”

Mori squints at the screen in question – the girl is standing in the middle of a darkened hallway, hands behind her back as she rocks on her heels. After a while, she spins around and walks off-screen. There is something off about the image that you are looking at; you have a feeling that this hallway is not located in the main building. “I have no idea,” he admits after a while. “I need Tokigawa or Okuyama to confirm this, but from the looks of it, it could be one of the other buildings. There, see the lines on the wall?” He taps the glass sharply with one blunt finger.
Clearly there is another set of school uniforms in the hospital, and the hair could have been cut short. :obviously:

Don't trust Sakimura's testimony, Mori-san! The man is trying to slander us and shift blame! He conspired with Uehara to murder Amanozaki and they are trying to create an alibi for themselves!

Last edited:

Elfberserker

Liturgist
But which choice leads us to seeing Uehara?
Maybe if we run, we could see her helpful illusion to save us! She could even give us hints by telling us those Descartes things!
:troll:

Nevill

Arcane
But which choice leads us to seeing Uehara?
Well, if we spy on Sakimura, he is bound to come in contact with her sooner or later.

Besides, the corpse's head became unfit for a jar. We need to stay close to the other samples if we want to beat the culprits/whatever lurks in the hospital to them.

Last edited:

Elfberserker

Liturgist
Besides, the corpse's head became unfit for a jar

That's why glue and stiches have been invented.
Cao'er didn't let missing arm to stop her fixing up Xu Jing and I don't see why we should let messy skull to stop us constructing the head.
:rpgcodex:

Besides our boy is smart.
I bet he can thinp up solution when thinking a moment or two alone about the head.

Nevill

Arcane
Some other time, then.

A-character would be tied up in a corner and restrained for this scene, so he doesn't get any choices here.
Perhaps BDSM is our destiny, no matter the personality (or CYOA). :salute:

Hopefully, they will post Mitsuki to guard us. We have to start working on our next target already.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom