Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] Spiral

Jester

Arbiter
A mby we will get info on security breach and there might be cameras.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
A mby we will get info on security breach and there might be cameras.
You guys are a bunch of no fun tryhards Ean-wannabes. :rpgcodex:

You lot will probably want to escape this place back to the harsh and unpleasant 'reality' instead of subtly sabotaging our group so that the object of our affections would stay with us in the hospital for the rest of our lives.

Muh creepy stalker. Muh dreams. :negative:

Nevill H
Rex Feral A>B
Akkudakku H
archaen A
Baltika9 H>D
Elfberserker B>H
Random Word B
LWC1996 B
ERYFKRAD H
Kipeci A
Kz3r0 A
Jester A
oscar A
Grimgravy E
Zwist E
TOME D>H
Sunnmøring A

A - 7
B - 3 (2)
D - 1 (0)
E - 2
H - 4 (6)

Last edited:

Sunnmøring

Novice
There may very well be cameras focused on the bathrooms, yes? Think of the potential to creepily stare at all the people at once with no way of being seen from the control room!

A

Nevill

Arcane
I don't think the hospitals install cameras in shower rooms. No, not even in Japan.

Besides, there is exhilaration and tension in trying to spy on people with your very own eyes as opposed to just using a proxy.

It is a difference between an exciting life of a secret agent and a boring office job of a security guard. But I guess the nuances are lost on 'normal' people. Pheh.

Last edited:

Elfberserker

Liturgist
Why does everybody think that somebody is taking shower right now?
I am not denying the possibility, but I think everybody are bit freaked out by current mystery hospital and disappearance...

Peeping at showers is just regular perverted stuff, If you guys wanted to be true creeps then sniffing clothes from laundrery or stalking in the bathroom are true creep choices.
Not this easy mode shower peeping thing.
:rpgcodex:

Nevill

Arcane
Why does everybody think that somebody is taking shower right now?
Well, the missing lady has to be somewhere. Maybe she decided to take a break. Or hanged herself on a shower hose.

It's not like I am thinking that somebody is in there right now, but there are 12 people and 9 choices, so I think it is only natural that each location will have a person visiting it. And, well, one of the reasons to visit a shower room is to take a shower. It is great for stress relief, too.

But even if they bump into us it would provide an interesting scene as we try to explain what the hell we were thinking.

I don't see a point in sniffing some stranger's clothes as our group's clothes are still on them. We will have to properly explore that approach later, of course.

And I would gladly stalk the bathroom, but we (or rather, you - yes, you!) have already pussied out when offered to visit one on the third floor. So I want to start from something easier. Not my fault we didn't go for a hardcore creep straight away!

Besides, Uehara have already visited that one, so the chances to find her here are not great. I aim to be a very discriminating stalker.

Last edited:

Elfberserker

Liturgist
Well, showers do have locker rooms.
So showers could potentially have clothes or personal items near it, if person just forgot something in it....Maybe we can get sun glasses or trenchcoat there...Or maybe naked ghost showering there?

And I would gladly stalk the bathroom, but we (or rather, you - yes, you!) have already pussied out when offered to visit one on the third floor. So I want to start from something easier. Not my fault we didn't go for a hardcore creep straight away!

Oh, come on! That wouldn't have counted as creepy situation, but as misplaced rescue situation. The best kind of creeps are those who starts innocently, but slowly become corrupted as their passion grows stronger the longer they stalk...Or be creeps.
You got to set up the scene, you can't suddenly bounce to extreme right off from the start.

Besides laundry could probably have some clothes in there or some notes in the pockets....Besides we have to at some point give creepy gift to our chosen love.

Nevill

Arcane
Or maybe naked ghost showering there?
Knowing the 'Dex, they will run away screaming for their mother. Not even the YOLOTiger nature of Jing could overcome the codexian fear of ghosts.

Oh, come on! That wouldn't have counted as creepy situation, but as misplaced rescue situation. The best kind of creeps are those who starts innocently, but slowly become corrupted as their passion grows stronger the longer they stalk...Or be creeps.
You got to set up the scene, you can't suddenly bounce to extreme right off from the start.
True, true. So why don't we start off lightly, by taking tours to inappropriate places while nobody is there? After all, any person could visit the laundry, but it takes a certain mindset and a lot of courage to enter a room designed for opposite gender. We should start developing character.

Last edited:

Elfberserker

Liturgist
True, true. So why don't we start off lightly, by taking tours to inappropriate places while nobody is there? After all, any person could visit the laundry, but it takes a cetain mindset and a lot of courage to enter a room designed for opposite gender. We should start developing character.
Very true.
So I flop to B>H

Jester

Arbiter
True, true. So why don't we start off lightly, by taking tours to inappropriate places while nobody is there? After all, any person could visit the laundry, but it takes a certain mindset and a lot of courage to enter a room designed for opposite gender. We should start developing character.
01.jpg

Onani Master Kurosawa
"Onani" means masturbation. And that's what this guy is good at. Every day after school, he sneaks into the mostly unused girls bathroom on the 3rd floor, and masturbates. Until one day when he's caught...

Nevill

Arcane
Is it good or bad that I recognize where this is from? :|

Someone did a Let's Read on the Codex, I think. (Still a better love story than Twilight).

Yeah, but we are not repressed by school rules or any other earhly laws in this place, so I think we can aim higher. Much higher.

Anyway, it isn't a bad life to lead.

It has its moments of tension!
rIhgH6e.jpg
The thrill of being pushed to the edge!
UNEd2ML.jpg
The ecstasy of a convoluted scheme coming together!
nSAUwxH.jpg
I say it is way more interesting than just being a helpful errand boy.

Last edited:

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Guess we won't be a (H)entai after all. I'll lock it in as A, I suppose.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
The security room is dim and dingy. Banks of flat-screen monitors line the far wall – unsurprisingly, they are dark. As with everywhere else, the computers do not seem to be working correctly. Mori is standing in front of the terminals with his broad back facing you, tapping away at a keyboard to no avail. If he gets it working, he may be able to catch a glimpse of Okuyama through the closed-circuit cameras installed throughout the hospital. There are probably a few other uses for it too, you think. You enter the room, taking slow, nervous steps towards him.

Just before you reach Mori, he whirls around with startling speed. You are almost wrenched off your feet as he grabs the collar of your T-shirt in a vise-like grip. “Ah, it’s you, Shinoseki. Don’t creep up on me like that. You spooked me,” he drawls a second later. You sense no camaraderie in his tone of voice. For a moment, you thought that he was going to hurl you over his head in a judo flip. Mori lets you go, patting your shoulders paternally. “What is it that you want?”

“A-ah… nothing, really. Sor… sorry,” you apologize, bowing for your transgressions.

“You apologize far too much. It can get annoying.”

“I’m sorry!” Your first instinct is to apologize again.

The grizzled, bear-like man stares at you intently and finally sighs before turning back to the terminal. “Well, since you are here… do you know anything about computers?”

You shake your head and say no. You don’t remember being especially good with them.

“No matter. I’m no good with them either. My son tried to teach me some stuff, but I could never get the hang of it,” he mutters, gently kicking the frame housing the electronics. The computer rocks on its edges slightly. “There’s power running to this thing alright, but why isn’t it starting up?”

You have no idea why, and say nothing. Walking over to the main terminal, you look at the keyboard. It’s black with white lettering. You reach out a finger and tap a random key – it gives you a satisfying, soft click.

The gentle hum of the electronics in the room – one that you had not noticed before this – changes its tune.

You are illuminated by the greenish glare from dozens of screens waking up before you. Like a spreading wave of light, the monitors switch on sequentially, each displaying a different part of the hospital.

“What did you do, Shinoseki?”

You are suddenly aware of Mori standing behind you. He is close enough to wring your neck if he wanted to.

“Nothing… I did nothing,” you protest faintly. You have no idea what you did either.

“Well, whatever it is… good job!” He laughs heartily and slaps you on the back hard. It stings. Wincing, you move away from the computer, letting Mori take the reins. “Ah, that’s right. Shinoseki, I found this before you came in. It was tucked away under the desk. Here, have a look and see if you can make any sense of it.”

He hands you a large note.

The director is at it again. Despite my protests at such irregularities, he continues to hand me these weird passcodes hidden by riddles. Here is his latest insanity:

In a cursed village, a thousand and six hundred villagers live in eternal pain. One day a witch comes to the village. Begging to be freed of their torment, the villagers petition the witch. She acquiesces and hands the chief a mystical dagger. “Starting from your good self, number every person in the village. Gouge out the heart of the number next to you, and hand the dagger to the one after. Repeat this until there is only one person left in the entire village. Then all of the villagers will resurrect, and you will all live happily ever after.”

Which number will be the last one alive?

I am seriously considering handing in that transfer request to HR…

What a strange way to convey the codes. Looking up, you find that Mori is scanning the screens intently, though from time to time he glances sideways as if to make sure you are still where you are.

01:50

A. You try to strike up a conversation with Mori.
1. “M-Mori-san, you said that we had met before… why would you think that?”
2. “Ah, I… I was just curious, Mori-san… what do you do for a living?”
3. “Uh, sorry to interrupt, Mori-san… but I was just wondering… what is your opinion about this place?”

B. You shy away from the big man and leave the room. It’s probably best if you don’t talk to him more than you already have – he seems suspicious of you for some reason.

Last edited:

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
File: Security Chief's Notes #1

The director is at it again. Despite my protests at such irregularities, he continues to hand me these weird passcodes hidden by riddles. Here is his latest insanity:

In a cursed village, a thousand and six hundred villagers live in eternal pain. One day a witch comes to the village. Begging to be freed of their torment, the villagers petition the witch. She acquiesces and hands the chief a mystical dagger. “Starting from your good self, number every person in the village. Gouge out the heart of the number next to you, and hand the dagger to the one after. Repeat this until there is only one person left in the entire village. Then all of the villagers will resurrect, and you will all live happily ever after.”

Which number will be the last one alive?

I am seriously considering handing in that transfer request to HR…

The handwriting is neat and tidy. There was something else scribbled on the paper, but it has been erased.

Nevill

Arcane
What parts of the hospital can be observed through security cameras? What rooms are there on the screen?

Is there anything related to the 7th floor?

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
You can't really tell for now. Someone like Tokigawa or Okuyama who's more familiar with the hospital layout will be more helpful with that. That, or you find the program that displays the list of cameras and their locations. Mori's looking through the computer at the moment.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom