Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] Spiral

Akkudakku

Arbiter
Hero in extended treaveverse would be cool.

I dont want to be a vilain but a antihero with some real laid down motivation and goals would be cool. Lest say the guy tries to do good but ultimately fucks up every tiem destroying the city. But gets the badguys too. So there would be love hate relations with normal peeps.

Also meeting Jing and Adachi would be good.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Just put it up to a vote.
Generations>Hero.
Hobo Rider will get to make babies too, right?

hey, it could still end like that. We still have a murderer who knows the ritual in our subconscious. We're still in an alternate reality where I'm guessing the ritual is possible. My point is, there is always room to come back and do a sequel. Classic anime tropes of an amnesiac hero in denial while a string of brutal murders occur within the city. An investigator and a nosey schoolgirl hot on his tail.

How would you feel about making a historical CYOA?
Say, a Germanic warlord during the fall of Rome, see if we can beat Odoacer in land-grabbing.
Or a Varangian Guard LP, fighting for riches and glory under the King of the Greeks.
Maybe something Renaissance, like Conquistadors in the New World?

Damn, now I'm sorry that it didn't come to that.
Any interest in a crime setting? Anything from goofy Yakuza-Triad-Eeloomanatee hijinks to more serious themes, all up to you.

Alternative history is where it's at. :obviously:

what the fuck was going on

I think I should just go ahead and never vote when an investigation-type thing is going on. I've done pretty badly in all the investigation-based stuff through the past CYOAs like Youxia City and about every vote I made in this one that wasn't just for the lulz has been some sort of a disaster. It's hard to keep track of all the names and history and how they all fit together without rereading the whole thing carefully, I just forget it all too fast and make a mess of it. Sorry for letting you down, Nevill. :(

For the new one, I guess I'll go for the Superhero one? The Hong Kong cop thing would also be very nice, though I'm probably going to be a rather shitty voter in that unless we can turn it from the Infernal Affairs type sort of thing it sounds like into more of a A Police Story one.

The fuck happened here?

Actually some things are better not known. This thread was an interesting experience, but I'd rather we stick to Action-Adventure Fantasy from now on. Codex is less likely to fuck it up for the lulz when it means losing XP points and hardly aquired skills.

I'd prefer someone less pretentiously sophisticated. Someone who takes pleasure in villainous acts rather than sees them as a shortcut to power, a 'necessary evil', or something equally boring.

Johny McStaber

Knowing Codex he will success by minimaxing.

I dont want to be a vilain but a antihero with some real laid down motivation and goals would be cool. Lest say the guy tries to do good but ultimately fucks up every tiem destroying the city. But gets the badguys too. So there would be love hate relations with normal peeps.

New CYOA inbound!
:bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce:

So, taking the suggestions into account, you guys want something with:
  • Romance and/or baby-making.
  • Time skips.
  • Urban legends and strange murders.
  • Historical motifs.
  • Alternate history.
  • Crime setting.
  • More action than investigation.
  • Something less screwy.
  • Action-Adventure Fantasy.
  • Stats & skills.
  • An evil protagonist.
  • An anti-hero protagonist.
  • :bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce:
Alright, I'll see if I can cook something up.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Hey, a skill-based double-hero adventure with us constantly switching between a hero and a villain in an alternative history setting, where the villain murders people and other people make it into an urban legend, while the hero has to investigate it and put an end to it - which ultimately ends in a romance between them (and babies) - sounds pretty cool. :cool:

Literally, an experiment gone wrong. :lol:
Right or wrong, would not mind seeing more of those. An experiment is the mother of science. FOR SCIENCE! :obviously:

Last edited:

Baltika9

Arcane
*gasp*
We can be Ean 2.0! Might I make a suggestion to split us up into teams?

Nevill

Arcane
A multiplayer CYOA is my wet dream.

But I don't know if it would be possible to make it work.

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
I'm not comfortable with being evil. I've tried before and failed miserably. I can be selfish, no problem. But evil? Not so much.

So chalk me up for team "goody-two-shoes".

Nevill

Arcane
That can be arranged. We never dipped below 8 voters, so 6 regulars aren't that hard to find.

Esquilax

Arcane
And of course, I'm back to being a regular, so there's no way we won't find six people.

Baltika9

Arcane
There's your six right there, it would be an awesome experiment. Hopefully it will turn out better than root's did.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Thinking about it, I'd limit it to the trapped on an island survival game concept for a multiplayer CYOA. It just won't work very well for a longer story with a large scope, and you'd be better off joining a P&P game.

Baltika9

Arcane
True, players leaving due to real life would destroy teams and that's very possible with a year+ long campaign.
We'll just let you get back to brewing up that next CYOA.
I want muh Lil' E.

Nevill

Arcane
So, taking the suggestions into account, you guys want something with:
  • Time skips.
Sorry, but 'TRIGGERED!' and 'NO!' :M

I'm not comfortable with being evil. I've tried before and failed miserably. I can be selfish, no problem. But evil? Not so much.
I'll teach you a little secret. Each time you do something that isn't nice, tell yourself you did it FOR SHUN. It totes changes things and works wonders for your conscience. :roll:
One of the most enraging Legendary occurences for me was the 'Dex nearly placing a known rapist and an enemy who swore vengeance upon us on a Tufan throne by marrying him to a princess who did not really deserve this. Because that would apparently be good for Shun.

Made me swear off all and any involvement in the court affairs and wish to pay a visit to the steppes and finally put the Empire under a Tujue steamroller so that we would never even face such a choice again. NEVER AGAIN! :argh::argh::argh:

Funniest thing in this is that Shun was completely not at fault for the 'Dex desire to suck him off. He'd probably not approve of this course of action himself, as the alternative to marry the princess to him proved much better. But that's the 'Dex for you.

Last edited:

Baltika9

Arcane
Dibs on Nevill and Baltika for my team +M they are at least somewhat reasonable +M
I'm flattered, but Esquilax would be my Smooth Buddy for this.
Seriously, though, I think teams should be random to prevent cliques and promote fair-ish play.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom