Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] Spiral

Baltika9

Arcane
Truly, both of us have been humbled, Nevill. There is no flipside, no Yin or Yang, no Ohrmazd and Ahriman. Only the goodness that is BRO exists.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Recite after me the Chant of the Unbrodhi:

O selfless Brodhisattvas,
Who have delayed their ascendance to Broddhahood so as to guide other sentient beings there,
Who willingly take on the sins and hatred of the world,
Who magnify Broness in those who have banded together against them,
We exalt your sublime deeds of evil,
We recognize your subtle encouragement of Broness,
We recite the Word of Bro for you,
Bro.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Indeed. I have seem the errors of my ways, and the veil is now lifted from my eyes. I shall endeavour to celebrate and embrace the Bro in all things.

In Na-chan especially. For far too long we denied ourselves the urge to embrace her Sis-ness. This unseemly behaviour ends today. :salute:

Baltika9

Arcane
Recite after me the Chant of the Unbrodhi:

O selfless Brodhisattvas,
Who have delayed their ascendance to Broddhahood so as to guide other sentient beings there,
Who willingly take on the sins and hatred of the world,
Who magnify Broness in those who have banded together against them,
We exalt your sublime deeds of evil,
We recognize your subtle encouragement of Broness,
We recite the Word of Bro for you,
Bro.
We are so chanting this at the next ghost we encounter.

Nevill

Arcane
No one is in charge, but everyone is.
An ever elusive answer. Do you mean that if we meditate more on the place of Bro in the Universe, the Ritual will come to us naturally?

Did Brodda have any parables about a very angry pack of dogs? Is there a way to rekindle the spark of Bro in their beastly hearts?

Nevill

Arcane
Let's see.
Kz3r0 F>D
Azira B>A
Nevill E>D
Akkudakku D>F
Grimgravy F>E
Kipeci E
Tigranes E
Baltika9 A>B
Lambchop19 B
Rex Feral F

A - 1 (0) -> B
B - 2 (3)
D - 1 (0) -> F
E - 3
F - 3 (4)

Of the regulars, oscar and ERYFKRAD (though I haven't seen him lately) haven't voted yet. Of the irregulars, TOME, Kayerts and a bear named spigot.

Last edited:

Rex Feral

Prophet
Far as I know animal intimidation through staring works more on feline animals as they prefer to attack from stealth and staring them down makes them acknowledge you know where they are and are not afraid of them. Canine species I think, take it as a provocation and attack, as I myself can confirm after trying it on some stray dogs.

Now what should I chose...Between E and F...F, I think, all sound like losing options tho.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
“It was a ceremony of resurrection.” There was a smile on her face, brought on by her reminiscence.

“On that day, we temporarily died, and then returned to life.”

A ceremony of resurrection? The more I listened, the more distant I felt. Was she always such a strange, superstitious girl?

“Here. This is the proof.”

Drawing back her sleeve, she shows me her wrist.

“The ceremony granted us power.”

A tiny, faint circular mark is imprinted upon it, almost like a tattoo of a seal.

“The other eleven girls… did they have this sign too?” I ask.

She nods. “On different parts of their body, but yes.”

“They were killed, did you know that?”

I told her everything I had found out about the dead girls. About the dismemberment. About the burning. Although I had feared that she would react badly… she did not even twitch her eyebrows at my words.

“So?” she states calmly.

“Don’t you understand? You could be next!”

My outburst does not faze her.

“But the last case was already a year ago, wasn’t it?”

Out of the original twelve girls, eleven have died, but she seems entirely unconcerned.

“He must have been protecting me. He is still protecting me.” She gives me the smile of a maiden in love, that smile that had tortured me for the past three years.

I look up and behind her, and see him.

Even though I attended his funeral. Saw his body. He is still here, pestering her. Getting in my way.

Ah, how can I free her from his curse?

Nevill

Arcane
welcome.jpg
:avatard:

Kz3r0

Arcane
Let's see.
Kz3r0 F>D
Azira B>A
Nevill E>D
Akkudakku D>F
Grimgravy F>E
Kipeci E
Tigranes E
Baltika9 A>B
Lambchop19 B
Rex Feral F

A - 1 (0) -> B
B - 2 (3)
D - 1 (0) -> F
E - 3
F - 3 (4)

Of the regulars, oscar and ERYFKRAD (though I haven't seen him lately) haven't voted yet. Of the irregulars, TOME, Kayerts and a bear named spigot.
So F won?

Nevill

Arcane
No, F lost. We are just waiting for the confirmation. :M

Hopefully, the owner comes out to see what his dogs are eating this time.

Hmph. It is said that the dogs can sense ghosts, and our observations seem to prove it... somewhat. Can Ei spook them off, I wonder? :|

Last edited:

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Read this in one sitting, treave should make some VN-esque rpg, better than most things I've played.

I wouldn't be able to bullshit on the fly if I did an actual game, and life would be harder. :lol:

So F won?

Update next week, probably. :M

Hmph. It is said that the dogs can sense ghosts, and our observations seem to prove it... somewhat. Can Ei spook them off, I wonder? :|

Depends on whether she's a ghost. :|

Nevill

Arcane
Oh come on! :negative:

We really need an inverted scale where 1 is a critical success. I think the 'Dex dice are loaded to cause maximum misery and butthurt. :M
I would like to have this put to serious consideration. :M

Baltika9

Arcane
Told you with should have stayed with Maeda.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom