Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] Spiral

asxetos

Augur
We can be a detective-type without real concern for the 'good of the group' though (i do agree that we didnt make the right choices in that direction).

Kz3r0

Arcane
E.

So someone dismembered the little girl to take her organs for a transplant.
Also:

Tigranes

Arcane
A>B.

I wouldn't mind patching things up with Sakimura or getting info out of Mori, but I am not sure we currently have the resources to pull that off. We are still finding out / shaping our character. Now, whether we want to develop a quietly manipulative streak or at least a very attentive and observant character, Tokigawa is an excellent 'practice target'; he has volunteered for a talkative paternal role, and whether it is genuine or not he will want to keep it up by being helpful and inclusive. It is also natural that we would turn to him to ask questions about our situation. Here is a chance to ingratiate ourselves - e.g. by showing shyly how observant and therefore useful we can be - to a person who is able and willing to be a mouthpiece for the group.

Kipeci

Arcane
We're rapidly making Uehara the only one we can talk to, and that's dangerous. What if our goals end up not aligning well with hers? Let's not melt into a puddle and limit ourselves simply because she keeps on smiling at the awkward creeper.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Current tally:

A - 3
B - 6
C - 1
D - 5
E - 4

Post-flop:

A - 2
B - 7
C - 0
D - 5
E - 5

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
File: Blood-stained Note #1

On the first night, the Witch gave the Maiden the gift of her eyes, so that she could see.

On the second night, the Witch gave the Maiden the gift of her voice, so that she could speak.

On the third night, the Witch…

Note: ovrlpng n t-s cords? SS Bckgrnd Chk4 Ritual.

The rest of the writing is illegible, the page stained a blackish red. It smells foul.

There are also some hastily scribbled comments in the margins.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
We're rapidly making Uehara the only one we can talk to, and that's dangerous. What if our goals end up not aligning well with hers?
That is simple enough. We will just have to align our goals with hers.

Or make her align hers properly.

My understanding is that we took an already flawed character as a protagonist precisely because of his flaws. Trying to make him into a negotiator who can talk to people freely is like trying to enhance Jing's luck. It's practical, but that's not where the fun is.

Azira A
Jester A
Tigranes A>B -> B

Akkudakku B
Ifeex B
Zwist B
GreyViper B
Nevill B
Lambchop19 B
TOME B>E

Grimgravy C>E>A

Baltika9 D
Kipeci D
Kashmir Slippers D
ERYFKRAD D
Rex Feral D>A,B,C>E
archaen D

asxetos E>D -> D
Elfberserker E
Kz3r0 E
LWC1996 E>B -> B
oscar E

A - 3 (2)
B - 7 (9)
C - 1
D - 6 (7)
E - 5 (3)

Last edited:

Tigranes

Arcane
We're rapidly making Uehara the only one we can talk to, and that's dangerous. What if our goals end up not aligning well with hers?
That is simple enough. We will just have to align our goals with hers.

Or make her align hers properly.

My understanding is that we took an already flawed character as a protagonist precisely because of his flaws. Trying to make him into a negotiator who can talk to people freely is like trying to enhance Jing's luck. It's practical, but that's not where the fun is.

Yeah, she's a good option to whiteknight for us but let's not limit ourselves too much without knowing enough. Our dude is socially inept and probably can't convert Mori but I think he can handle a couple of friendly people.

Kipeci

Arcane
I have no problem with sticking up for her as needed, but I don't think we should spend all our free time attempting to talk with her.

Besides, I thought that the last CYOA showed that approaching suspicious huge men with vague conversation topics in mind was a wonderful idea?

Nevill

Arcane
Besides, I thought that the last CYOA showed that approaching suspicious huge men with vague conversation topics in mind was a wonderful idea?
Only if you are a YOLOTiger with a deathwish.

I have no problem with sticking up for her as needed, but I don't think we should spend all our free time attempting to talk with her.
The point is not to stick up for her, but to have her as the only person who would comfort us in this scary god-forsaken place.

It's a damn shame I can't find the first pic treave illustrated our character with. :negative:

Last edited:

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
I'm having such a laidback weekend that I'll update in a day or two. Probably tomorrow.

We're only seven updates in, and have barely begun to scratch the surface, but any questions thus far?

Nevill

Arcane
Will one of the 13 become a dog and which one of us is Zeus?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom