Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] Spiral

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Why was Taketatsu closing the doors?

Because someone in a hood was stabbing and shooting and killing people outside and he wanted to stay safe.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

What were the circumstances of Kana's death? How was this going to "set things right" as far as Mori was concerned? Since Kayano observed Maeda and Taketatsu, what were they talking about?

a cut of domestic sheep prime

He does seem a likely candidate.

Wouldn't it be funny if treave put all the correct choices in order just to troll us?

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
treave,

The failure that resulted in Seiji's 'death', the one Taketatsu referenced. Did it happen in February? Kayano mentioned the project should have been complete by then, but it's October now. There obviously was some sort of a delay.

Did Taketatsu know anything about the new candidate?

Where Taketatsu was when his fiancee ran off? Does Maeda know about the underground facility?

I suspect that either Sawada, Tokigawa or Okuyama is one of Mori's contacts. Probably one of the latter two. They are insiders, while Sawada isn't. And Tokigawa was on sick leave today - perhaps it was to meet with the detective.

Last edited:

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
What were the circumstances of Kana's death? How was this going to "set things right" as far as Mori was concerned? Since Kayano observed Maeda and Taketatsu, what were they talking about?

Dismembered in mysterious circumstances, with parts missing, happened before the disappearance case mentioned in his files. He wants to prevent anything like this from happening ever again. She wasn't close enough to hear them, but they didn't seem to be talking at the time.

treave,The failure that resulted in Seiji's 'death', the one Taketatsu referenced. Did it happen in February? Kayano mentioned the project should have been complete by then, but it's October now. There obviously was some sort of a delay.

It's February of 'next year'.

Did Taketatsu know anything about the new candidate?

It's one of the options. You can probably make a good guess from there.

Where Taketatsu was when his fiancee ran off? Does Maeda know about the underground facility?

Research building. Maeda wasn't shown the basement.

Nevill

Arcane
Funny.

A message to Uehara from an unknown number. A letter to Amanozaki from a typewriter. An anonymous hint to Taketatsu that he based his algorythms on - the ones that guide the experiment, no less. The rumor about Seiji working at IAE that lured Maeda out.

If we look at if as if it was orchestrated by a single hand, then it could be none other than Seiji. But since he is dead, it was probably Sawada acting in the material world.

Then, to draw the detective out, it makes more sense that it would be one of Seiji's men feeding him the leads. So either Tokigawa is one, or it points at Sawada, or Sawada was the one who tipped the good doctor off.

Last edited:

Nevill

Arcane
It's one of the options. You can probably make a good guess from there.
Mitsuki.

It all makes sense. The 'treatments'. Seeing things. Mori's last words.

Fuckers.
VI. Okuyama Midori.
VII. Tokigawa Kou.
VIII. Iwano Mitsuki.
+1

Now I want to see it to the end just so that Taketatsu never leaves this place alive. How do you outmanxing zhangs? :?

Nevill

Arcane
treave,

It is short, simple, and phrased as a demand rather than a request, but Kayano smiles. Everything is falling into place.
What's her motivation and/or goal? Everything was falling in place - for what? What is her endgame?

Besides him is a file on the relevant people at Ikei.
What are the names on that list, besides Juuzo and Seiji? Anything or anyone we should know about?

Who is Shinohara Madoka and why is she relevant? Mori did a bit of research on her as well.

Observing the couple until they are out of sight, she folds her arms and begins to wait patiently for her orders.
Whose orders did she expect to hear?

He sees an office lady moving towards a gunman in a coat shortly before the doors slam shut.
Does it mean that Kayano and Mori both were at the research facility at the time of a ghoulpocalypse?

Nevill

Arcane
Does Taketatsu know how Seiji "died"?
Also, when did the 'failed' experiment take place? Any details about the reasons why it failed? What was it that Taketatsu supposedly did overcome?

An interesting detail is that the hospital started completely empty, and then gained details bit by bit. First, empty shelves without documents. They appeared on the second night. On the forth nights there were corpses with gun wounds lying around. It looks like we are catching up with 'present time', as if something runs a complex simulation iteratively. But by now the process has ended and we are doing something else entirely.

Kz3r0

Arcane
Guys, I have a theory, Mitsuki is Juuzo's maiden, Uheara's twin is Seiji's maiden, they are trying to wrestle control of the Juunimon from each other, seems however that someone tried already in the past to control the Juunimon by installing his own maiden, the Nazi guy, maybe Seiji and Juuzo took inspiration from that.
Hence my following guess, Fox guy is the original kami trying to get rid of the 'squatters', his maid is Uheara's twin and Ei is the maiden of Kaimei, this is why we found her there.
This means that the old ma managed to replace Uehara's twin with Mitsuki as the observer, this why she disappeared and we traveled in time.
Am I correct treave ?

Nevill

Arcane
Guys, I have a theory, Mitsuki is Juuzo's maiden, Uheara's twin is Seiji's maiden, they are trying to wrestle control of the Juunimon from each other, seems however that someone tried already in the past to control the Juunimon by installing his own maiden, the Nazi guy, maybe Seiji and Juuzo took inspiration from that.
It is an interesting theory.

However, we had a feeling we thought we could not mistake for anything else that Seiji wants to rescue Seika. We might have been wrong about him in other respects, but I do not think he was lying about that one.

Juuzo tries to take control over this world, that much was said about him. But Seiji's goals are unclear. Perhaps he only wants to return Seika back to the living with no regards to collateral damage? If he himself is dead and can't be brought back, it is likely he isn't worried too much about the opinions of others. That would also explain why he is in no rush to escape.

Who is the nazi guy and where did you get the idea that he installed anyone? We have only found a picture of a Sakaguchi baron married to a miko from Tendou family and a girl whose face was torn out from the photo. Her identity is something that I am pondering over. She might be related to Ei, though I am unsure how.

This means that the old ma managed to replace Uehara's twin with Mitsuki as the observer, this why she disappeared and we traveled in time.
I don't think he managed to replace Seika yet. That's likely his endgoal, but he needs us or her sister to open a passage to her. That's why he let Uehara collect all the talismans herself.

I did not notice any time travel.

Last edited:

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
What's her motivation and/or goal? Everything was falling in place - for what? What is her endgame?

Helping Juuzo.

What are the names on that list, besides Juuzo and Seiji? Anything or anyone we should know about?

Who is Shinohara Madoka and why is she relevant? Mori did a bit of research on her as well.

It has background information on the disappearances and deaths surrounding Ikei. Shinohara Madoka is Juuzo's daughter. More details will be given in a separate update when necessary.

Whose orders did she expect to hear?

The Shinoharas.

Does it mean that Kayano and Mori both were at the research facility at the time of a ghoulpocalypse?

They were close to the research facility.

Who was Kana to Mori? Does Taketatsu know how Seiji "died"?

Daughter. No, he only knows the guy disappeared, and he's very pleased about it.

Also, when did the 'failed' experiment take place? Any details about the reasons why it failed? What was it that Taketatsu supposedly did overcome?

Two years ago. Taketatsu was told that it failed because of a problem with the man-machine interface, he wasn't personally involved at the time. He supposedly overcome problems in the software.

Hence my following guess, Fox guy is the original kami trying to get rid of the 'squatters', his maid is Uheara's twin and Ei is the maiden of Kaimei, this is why we found her there.
Am I correct treave ?

Partially, in some ways. :M

Kz3r0

Arcane
However, we have a feeling we thought we could not mistake for anything else that Seiji wants to rescue Seika. We might have been wrong about him in other respects, but I do not think he ios lying about that one.

Only faggots trusts their feelings.+M

Juuzo tries to take control over this world, that much was said about him. But Seiji's goals are unclear. Perhaps he only wants to return Seika back to the living with no regards to collateral damage? If he himself is dead and can't be brought back, it is likely he isn't worried too much about the opinions of others. That would also explain why he is in no rush to escape.

It's possible that rescuing Seika is also the only way to escape the singularity created by Seiji's experiment, theoretically without observer that world cease to exist, and the observer can be the only one able to escape, and the people together with said observer.
After all Seiji disappeared, no corpse was found, he can be pretty much a living being entrapped between life and death, Shinoseki seems instead a wandering soul possessing Seiji's body or a new mind created by the experiment.

Who is the nazi guy and where did you get the idea that he installed anyone? We have only found a picture of a Sakaguchi baron mariied to a miko from Tendou family and a girl whose face was torn out from the photo. Her identity is something that I am pondering over. She might be related to Ei, though I am undure how.

I was referring to the Baron, not only we found Ei there but also the spirit of whom was the builder of the place and probably the first sacrifice.
All hints that Ei is the Baron's daughter and the first maiden used to gain control of the Juunimon.

I don't think he managed to replkace Seika yet. That's likely his endgoal, but he needs us or her sister to open a passage to her. That's why he let Uehara collect all the talismans herself.

I did not notice any time travel.
From Ikei to Kaimei, notice also that the chapters changed name from hours to First, Second night etc.
Also take a look at when the maid appeared.

Nevill

Arcane
Shinohara Madoka is Juuzo's daughter.
Wait.

Tokigawa said Juuzo is a man in his sixties. Let's be generous and suppose he hit 70 in 2014. He would have been 30 in 1974. And Shinohara Madoka had a book written in the 70s, published and placed in the museum.

Isn't she... kind of too young for that? Assuming that he became a father at 18, she would have been barely 17 back then - at the latest. :?

Two years ago.
So Seika was 15 when she went missing, while he was 23. And the two were in love?
get
The very thought of it seems strange to you – that you have a forgotten lover, buried somewhere in the depths of this labyrinthine hospital.
That's not what's strange here, Mr. Adachi!

Amanozaki was right. Kaimei group is nothing more than a glorified child exploitation ring.

Last edited:

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Wait.

Taketatsu said Juuzo is a man in his sixties. Let's be generous and suppose he hit 70 in 2014. He would have been 30 in 1974. And Shinohara Madoka had a book written in the 70s, published and placed in the museum.

Isn't she... kind of too young for that? Assuming that he became a father at 18, she would have been barely 17 back then - at the latest. :?

You can try to figure this one out.

So Seika was 15 when she went missing, while he was 23. And the two were in love?

Was Seiji's age ever mentioned? As long as they didn't have sex, it's legal anyway. :M

Nevill

Arcane
All hints that Ei is the Baron's daughter and the first maiden used to gain control of the Juunimon.
What are those hints?

I mean, it is plausible, but why do you think that? His daughter by Tendou miko (two daughters, actually - they were twins) would look like Uehara and it was some unknown woman on the photograph whose face we didn't see.
Then, you realize that there is another woman standing at the baron’s side, opposite Tendou Shizune. She seems to be attired similarly, but the entire upper half of her body has been obscured just like the baron’s head. You had not noticed her before, thanks to the poor quality of the photograph and the brownish scrap of paper still plastered across the picture, but…

The other side of the page depicts Baron Sakaguchi's family and his mansion. There appear to be five people in the photograph - the baron, his wife, their twins, and an unknown woman. The faces of the baron and the unknown woman have been ruined in the process of opening up the page.
Why do you think she is his daughter?

Also take a look at when the maid appeared.
The third night. What's so strange about it?
There are a bit more than a dozen people milling about the lobby, looking restless and frustrated. The doors are closed and since none of them have left, it is likely that you cannot escape from here either. The size of the lobby and number of people present makes you slightly uncomfortable. The collar of your shirt is starting to feel a little tight. Though the students run up to the new people animatedly, happy to see other living beings around, Mitsuki stays by your side. You look at the scene, taking in everything that you can. There are probably about twenty people here, including you and Mitsuki.
I don't see what you are getting at.

Kz3r0

Arcane
Treave, can we ask Ei if she is the Baron's daughter and also if she was made the Juunimon's maiden.
I would also like to ask if she knows who Fox guy is, specifically if he is the Kami of this place.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Treave, can we ask Ei if she is the Baron's daughter and also if she was made the Juunimon's maiden.
I would also like to ask if she knows who Fox guy is, specifically if he is the Kami of this place.

Nah, Fox guy is Omoikane, the actual god. :M

somebody just lost his claim to the pimp skill

Why do you think he's so desperate to find her? :M

Kz3r0

Arcane
What are those hints?

I mean, it is plausible, but why do you think that? His daughter by Tendou miko (two daughters, actually - they were twins) would look like Uehara and it was some unknown woman on the photograph whose face we didn't see.

I think Ei is the first maiden because of where we found her, a room in the old hospital hosting a family portrait of the founder of the hospital and the soirit of the builder and first sacrifice, I assumed she was one of the twins also because of her child-like attitude.

The third night. What's so strange about it?

I don't see what you are getting at.
I was talking about Fox guy's maid, she appeared at the end of the third night, exactly after Mitsuki disappeared, hence my guess that the maid is Seika and appeared in a time a place that doesn't exist because she was replaced by Mitsuki, this would explain why she seems so fond of us, we are Seiji after all.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom