Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] Spiral

Kz3r0

Arcane
Sooo...

Maeda - (Seiji) - Uehara - (school) - Sakimura
Mitsuki - (Ikei) - Okuyama - (Ikei) - Tokigawa
Amanozaki - (Occult) - Sakaki - (Ikei) - Mori
Sawada - (Seiji) - Kayano - (IAE) - Taketatsu

Would that do? The first link does not always connect to the last, though.
It's more based on what we know.
Unless there is some kind of secret code in the zodiac, and I haven't figure it out, the most logical step is to choose based on what we know.
Team scoundrel is composed by people of which we know have some kinf of knowledge of what's going on here, while of the others we know that they know very little, for example Amazonaki, or we don't have any idea about what they know, Sakaki.
Stands to reason to commence with the ones we know can provide some kind of information and hope that this will provide some clue for the next grouping.

TOME

Cuckmaster General
IV. Sakaki Okitsu.
X. Mori Akiyama.
XI. Iwano Mitsuki.

Not sure if I should change Mitsuki to Amanozaki.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Yo guise, you think the name that Mori uttered, "Kana" could be some form of dimunitive of Kayano?

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
No. If only because Kana is a given name and Kayano is a surname.

What I find interesting is his last words to us in the first chapter.
“Find… Mitsu… no, Iwano…” He takes a drag and coughs heavily, his normally piercing eyes pointed at vacant space – he is not looking at you at all. “Protect… please…” he mumbles, as his breathing slows down.
Now, why would he refer to a 12-year old girl by her family name when everyone else is on a first name basis with her?

Rex Feral

Prophet
I have no idea what I'm voting for. Are we coupling them by how many commonalities are between them or by zodiac signs symbolism?

Nevill

Arcane
Your guess is as good as anyone else's.

I am voting the way I do because I have no idea what to do with their Zodiac signs.

Rex Feral

Prophet
  • Fire — Aries; Leo; Sagittarius
    Earth — Taurus; Virgo; Capricorn
    Air — Gemini; Libra; Aquarius
    Water — Cancer; Scorpio; Pisces
Here is a matching by zodiac elements. However most people represented by those certain signs have almost nothing in common. For example: Sakimura, Maeda, Tokigawa or Uehara, Sawada, Mitsuki

a cut of domestic sheep prime

• Fire — Aries; Leo; Sagittarius
    Earth — Taurus; Virgo; Capricorn
    Air — Gemini; Libra; Aquarius
    Water — Cancer; Scorpio; Pisces
Here is a matching by zodiac elements. However most people represented by those certain signs have almost nothing in common. For example: Sakimura, Maeda, Tokigawa or Uehara, Sawada, Mitsuki
That's the problem I have with it as well. The connecting lines are supposed to be about how their fates intersected.
The lines represent their intersecting fates up to this point. By connecting three symbols together, you will gain knowledge of those fates, and begin to weave a path through the maze of souls.
I guess everyone has the hospital in common, but how would that give us any new info? I think the connections have to be in their past - ie, before the hospital.

Baltika9

Arcane
I think we're overthinking this. The puzzle is Zodiac-themed, so the solution is probably related to the Zodiac. I'll take the wheel Lambchop posted and roll with that:
Water: IV-VIII-XII
I miss you bros.
please come back

Nevill

Arcane
The lines represent their intersecting fates up to this point. By connecting three symbols together, you will gain knowledge of those fates, and begin to weave a path through the maze of souls.
So what you are saying is that the most important/noticeable connection between the souls in question is... Zodiac signs? 'k.

Baltika9

Arcane
No, I'm saying that I have no solid idea of what this puzzle wants from us (like everyone else, really), so I'm sticking with the Zodiac wheel.

Nevill

Arcane
I am just wondering why we are getting so few votes despite near unanimous decision for continuing the LP. Where are all the people?

It's not like we will suddenly get more insight into the nature of this choice that we do now. Might as well chime in.
ERYFKRAD I, II, IX
Kz3r0 II, VI, VII
Lambchop19 II, VI, X
Nevill II, VI, VII
TOME IV, X, XI
Baltika9 II, VI, X
Rex Feral II, VI, X

I - 1 (Sakimura)
II - 6 (Kayano)
IV - 1 (Sakaki)
VI - 5 (Taketatsu)
VII - 2 (Sawada)
IX - 1 (Tokigawa)
X - 4 (Mori)
XI - 1 (Mitsuki)

Last edited:

Baltika9

Arcane
Thanks for tallying that up. I'll flop to Earth: II VI X since Kayano is the only clear lead because of Mori-senpai. Anyone else want to flop to Lambchop's Zodiac Wheel and break the deadlock?

Nevill

Arcane
Hm. Kayano, Taketatsu and Mori? That's an interesting combination.

Kayano and Taketatsu are both involved with IAE and the Observation Project, but the disappearances Mori is investigating may be related to the OMOIKANE one. Shinoseki Adachi is (was?) comprised from a lot of souls, and I suspect that's where they came from.

Since a few of them exhibited criminal tendencies (from lockpicking to murder and arson), I guess Juuzo wasn't shying away from experimenting on convicts.

It would be interesting to see if we still retain the voices, or if they stayed with Seiji.

Although... that 12 people went missing in 2012 simultaneously suggests that it was a part of the same project that we are partaking in now.

I'll just dump everything that we know here, along with the questions we seek the answers to.

Maeda told us that the Observation Project was Taketatsu's, and he is the CEO of Epicsoft, a Japanese company. It is likely, though, that he is just a puppet and that Kaimei is the one pulling the strings.
The Observation Project didn't go far until Bryan Cooper from IAE - an American researcher from a European company - brought some vital information from his partners.
Maeda said she was surprised the Epicsoft got funding for their project. It is highly likely that the money came from Kaimei and Shinohara Juuzo directly.
Maeda said that the last thing she heard about Shinohara Seiji was that he went overseas to study.
Shinohara Seiji expressed familiarity with IAE and called Kayano Rina 'sensei'. He also flat-out called her a triple agent and implied she was working for his grandfather.

Taken together, we can see that there are two companies who are likely pursuing different agendas working on a joint venture. The IAE Corporation, represented by Cooper and Seiji, and Epicsoft with the financial backing of Kaimei, represented by Taketatsu and Juuzo (and Usui, but we've seen how well it ended for him). Probably with all the industrial espionage that such a relationship entails.

I wonder, though, what is the third side Kayano is working for? The government? Some underground syndicate? The gods? 'Sensei' could mean that she was a researcher or at least an instructor of some kind, but seeing how she non-chalantly kicked Sawada's ass, it is more likely that she is an agent who received special training.

I wonder when the OMOIKANE project took place and how it was terminated. I can only assume that that's where the roads of Juuzo and Seiji went completely in different directions.

I also wonder when it was that IAE gave Epicsoft the information necessary for the Observation Project. Was it before or after the disappearances in 2012? Was it before or after Ikei was constructed? It looks like the hospital was built with that purpose in mind.

When was it that Seika disappeared? Can't be more than a year that Seiji has known her. I mean, she is Uehara's twin and would be 17 if she were alive by now. Seiji is not into lolis. :M

Seeing how Seiji's and Seika's first meeting occured in Ikei, I assume that IAE and Epicsoft association was well underway by then. Seiji and Juuzo were working together for some time (that's what Mori was alluding to). Was it the girl's disappearance that drove them apart? But then, Kayano said that Seiji was considered dead, too, and Uehara said that they disappeared together.

So... a murder attempt? Removing a business competitor, perhaps? But Juuzo does not look like someone who is driven by money. What else then could possibly prompt him to get rid of his own grandson?

I got a vibe that Kayano was involved in this. I don't know how else to explain her fear and hostility. But what were her motives? If she felt resentment for what happened with her family, why did she target Seiji on behalf of Juuzo who is much more directly responsible for this?

Last edited:

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
Bah, is the vote just for the 3 most popular or the 1 most popular combo? So far nothing really stands out. The hoof option sounds about just as good as anything else. III, IV, VIII could work too. Gemini, Cancer, Scorpio. 8+ limb group.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Bah, is the vote just for the 3 most popular or the 1 most popular combo? So far nothing really stands out. The hoof option sounds about just as good as anything else. III, IV, VIII could work too. Gemini, Cancer, Scorpio. 8+ limb group.
See, this guy gets it.

Nevill

Arcane
Why did you exclude Capricorn from the hooved ones, ERYFKRAD? Why so much hate for Mori-senpai? :negative:

Maybe horns would work better as a distinguishing trait. :M

Last edited:

Nevill

Arcane
Are you discriminating against mythological sea animals even though they fit your own criteria? Are you against diversity?

Why, next you will tell me that you are against Amanozaki-san, too, because she is Pisces! Come to think of it, you did not vote for her to take off the glasses... :|

Confess it! :argh:

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Are you discriminating against mythological sea animals even though they fit your own criteria? Are you against diversity?

Why, next you will tell me that you are against Amanozaki-san, too, because she is Pisces! Come to think of it, you did not vote for her to take off the glasses... :|

Confess it! :argh:
I can't swim.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Thanks for tallying that up. I'll flop to Earth: II VI X since Kayano is the only clear lead because of Mori-senpai. Anyone else want to flop to Lambchop's Zodiac Wheel and break the deadlock?
Sure I'll flop to that - was voting fire.
II VI X

even though I have my doubts, I'm not sure what else to vote as no better suggestions have come in.

treave, given our occult knowledge and the fact that we can recognize the symbols of the zodiac on sight, is it possible for us to ask Ei if the fire, earth, wind and water groups have a bearing on this at all?

Rex Feral

Prophet
Wait, if we are just coupling them by their zodiac signs why aren't we coupling them all? Like, make 4 groups of 3 people each. Maybe we're actually choosing our next 3 companions. If that's the case I could go Maeda, Amanozaki, Uehara Mori.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom