Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] Spiral

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
D.
ROOM DIPLOMACY!

C3 is my second option.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Clarification just in case it isn't clear:

A, B and C go with 1, 2, 3 and 4. D is standalone because you can't engage in ROOM diplomacy while chanting.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
*sigh* Codex, always clinging to their SEKRITS one moment, and giving them up the next.

Whatever is on the other end walks, talks and pushes door knobs. It should be physical, perhaps to the same extent as Dr. Usui.

Trying not to reveal a book and trying to achieve our goals as a leader is mutually exclusive. So far we are the only one (as far as we are aware of) who knows what is going on and have adequate means to fight it. Besides, Kayano already knows we have the book, she just does not know where we hide it.

Might have to feed her to the next zombie we come across.

It would be stupid to start casting a barrier now that we missed our opportunity to secure the room. We are going to take casualties.

The options I see open to us are:
- Setup the physical barrier, wait until the ghost leaves, go explore the hospital. We will need to hold the door closed for that.
- Dispose of the ghost or hamper it, and run out of the room. I have no idea whether to keep the door shut or open - there might be more of those shuffling through the corridors.

I suspect if we try to keep the door shut, the ghost will sqeeze an arm through and mark someone else. I am willing to try and pursue the initial course of action that didn't rely on us staying in the room. Fell the ghost and run like there is no tomorrow. That is, if we aren't killed outright for going out in the open.

C3. MAXIMUM FUCK INTENSIFIES.

B3 might be safer, though.

Last edited:

Nevill

Arcane
Amanozaki had plenty of time to set her barrier up, something that we do not have.

Her 'belief' charms might work, though. If only Ei told us more about those and why they are more 'real' than others.

Room diplomacy sounds hilarious. This thing isn't even talking to us, it just repeats the announcement.

Last edited:

Nevill

Arcane
treave.,

Does Amanozaki still have those with her?
A. “The Knife of the Eight Devas, blessed by the eight million gods for protection against demons,” a blunt, flimsy dagger with mystical inscriptions in (fake) gold leaf along the blade. The sheath is at least made of solid wood.

B. “The Cat of Heavenly Fortune, containing the spirit of a benevolent bakeneko that will protect its master,” a lucky fortune-beckoning cat doll that can be operated manually by a wind-up mechanism in its tail. The glassy eyes seem to demand a capitalistic offering in return for good luck.

C. “The Amanozaki Special Charm. It is a powerful charm that wards off all evil,” a paper charm folded up with a pentacle inscribed on it, as well as various Buddhist prayers written all over.
Can we ask Ei what those do, if anything? Why did we survive the touch of the pool ghost the last time?

If we chose anything except the Special Charm, would we live to see the end of third night?

Tigranes

Arcane
What the fuck people. Room diplomacy is the worst. It's not even talking coherently. No lower spirit has ever been able to hold a proper conversation in this universe, not one that is beneficial for us even to hold for time.

I missed the last couple votes but I'm not sure what we're going for. Are we trying to protect everyone? To explore and figure things out? Or is highest priority to keep the book and everything else secret? Well, whatever we wanted, as Neville says, it's going to be pretty hard to keep everyone safe after foregoing the chance to set up a barrier and not exactly endearing ourselves to everybody to make our leadership smooth.

I don't think anyone will complain too much about the secret if we whip out the book and immediately save everyone's ass. C3. There may still be questions, but I think rather than lynching us it will make most of them more prepared to follow us, now that they really know they are in danger and that we at least have proven ourselves able to hlep them. Then we can leave and go somewhere, and maybe set up a barrier in a patient's room (though maybe we shouldn't go to one, fii they wanted us to go to one?)

Nevill

Arcane
I missed the last couple votes but I'm not sure what we're going for. Are we trying to protect everyone? To explore and figure things out? Or is highest priority to keep the book and everything else secret?
1. Find Seika.
2. ???
3. PROFIT
4. Become GOD.
5. Save everyone.
6. Die for their sins.
7. Have a happy afterlife with Maeda.

Secondary objective: sex up the rest of the girls along the way.

Jester

Arbiter
I missed the last couple votes but I'm not sure what we're going for. Are we trying to protect everyone? To explore and figure things out? Or is highest priority to keep the book and everything else secret?
1. Find Seika.
2. ???
3. PROFIT
4. Become GOD.
5. Save everyone.
6. Die for their sins.
7. Have a happy afterlife with Maeda.

Secondary objective: sex up the rest of the girls along the way.
Why you are mixing secondary and primary objectives?

C3

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
treave.,

Does Amanozaki still have those with her?
A. “The Knife of the Eight Devas, blessed by the eight million gods for protection against demons,” a blunt, flimsy dagger with mystical inscriptions in (fake) gold leaf along the blade. The sheath is at least made of solid wood.

B. “The Cat of Heavenly Fortune, containing the spirit of a benevolent bakeneko that will protect its master,” a lucky fortune-beckoning cat doll that can be operated manually by a wind-up mechanism in its tail. The glassy eyes seem to demand a capitalistic offering in return for good luck.

C. “The Amanozaki Special Charm. It is a powerful charm that wards off all evil,” a paper charm folded up with a pentacle inscribed on it, as well as various Buddhist prayers written all over.
Can we ask Ei what those do, if anything? Why did we survive the touch of the pool ghost the last time?

You don't have time to ask Ei anything at the moment. You don't have time to ask Amanozaki to rummage through her bag for those items either, unless you vote to try and keep the door shut. The doorknob is turning, if you are going to rush the door, you are going to do it now.

If we chose anything except the Special Charm, would we live to see the end of third night?

Only if you don't get caught.

Nevill

Arcane
I was under impression Ei commented on the talismans Amanozaki sells and that the psychic actually showed them to us when we asked about her capabilities.
Then, she proceeds to launch into a lengthy explanation of her premonition (highly doubtful), the charms she sells (generic trinkets for success in love, academic, and financial matters), her talismans to ward off evil (fakes that barely work on the power of belief, insists Ei stridently) and how she is able to perceive the spiritual world more clearly than others thanks to her awakened third eye (from your memories of previous nights, rather unlikely)
That was meant more like a lore question than anything applicable to the current situation.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
I was under impression Ei commented on the talismans Amanozaki sells and that the psychic actually showed them to us when we asked about her capabilities.

That was meant more like a lore question than anything applicable to the current situation.
Ei dismisses everything Amanozaki has as fakes that only have a minor effect here because of the nature of this world, that she is obviously a lot more powerful, and that those trinkets would, at most, be merely suitable foci for her spells.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
A focus, like how you can focus your barrier into Amanozaki's strings so that it will last longer. The actual effects vary depending on the spell and the item.

Nevill

Arcane
We are so fucked. :negative:

:bounce::bounce::bounce:

P.S. I blame everything on us not taking Yuhe Finger Improved Agility.

Last edited:

Nevill

Arcane
Will we learn the ways of Muscle Wizard?
kyVjW.jpg
Will we make Nii-san proud?

It is funny how we made Shinoseki into a mostly rational and reserved character who is prone to sudden fits of craziness when pressured.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom