Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] Spiral

Jester

Arbiter
A3
Zap it bitches you are scaring the loli.

Baltika9

Arcane
“Did you think we were all trapped here by coincidence, by some act of man? No! This is a supernatural occurrence!” she shouts, waving the crystal skull about. “The Age of Aquarius is at its zenith and with it the gates have opened! With that opening, the intellect of higher beings from a higher dimension have spotted us, insignificant ants pottering about our polluted planet, and taken an interest… this is a test. A curse that is both judgment and punishment. Here, in this hospital, the souls of the dead have been trapped, unable to reach the underworld… cursed to remain engulfed by their hatred forever. Under the guidance of the higher beings, they plot to use this curse to invade our world… pulling us in is just the tip of the iceberg! My psychic powers have told me this! Kukukukukukuku!”
So, uh, Shulgi did it?
B. Why should we care?

Last edited:

Ifeex

Augur
I have no idea what to vote for, but...

MY BASELESS THEORIES ARE RIGHT! HA!

Baseless theories part III

I. Uehara gun die.

Akkudakku

Arbiter
A Ax

We are almost Adahn. Close enough for me.

Now a baseles theory of my own. We are the EVULZ in this setting. We just dont know yet.

Elfberserker

Liturgist
Hmmmmmmmmmm.
We kinda own it to Uehara that we didn't break town from that interrogation, yet I am so unsure how to diffuse this situation.
Can we diffuse it? Should we particlu feel to diffuse with out social skills, when we could have opposite direction?

Ah, well
B

Tigranes

Arcane
We're doing fine. The awkwardness and frequent faux pas we make will rule us out as a possible threat in the eyes of others, and also make a cover for any inconsistencies or cover stories. We are quite clearly in a situation where some of us are going to start sabotaging / sacrificing each other, it's best to be seen as not too smart.

I suspect the choices are again relationship triggers - it hardly matters what we do, nobody's going to let them stab each other, the argument will be diffused whether we intervene or not. However, should we take Uehara or Kurukuru Witch's side, I assume they will be grateful / intrigued and check in with us subsequently.

A1

ScubaV

Prophet
Are you guys mad? You want to speak up in front of everyone and draw attention to ourselves? No way. That's way too effing scary. If that little girl wants to stop the fight she should say something herself. Who does she think we are? Staying quiet means staying unnoticed and staying unnoticed means staying comfortable. Oh if only our mother was here to hold us.

B

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Wait, since when stalkers are supposed to whiteknight?

She is protecting us from those evil stares. I feel comfortable and safe around her. How dares that ugly woman raise a voice against our preciousss?

Besides, she is right. There are no ghosts, and I am sure there is a rational explanation to everything. We chose not to dwell on those things, so I am just being consistent.

Last edited:

Baltika9

Arcane
She is protecting us from those evil stares. I feel comfortable and safe around her.
So let her continue doing that and let us continue avoiding those evil stares lest the old crone starts yelling at us too.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Current tally:

A1 - 7
A3 - 4
B - 6

I'm getting misanthrope vibes from our dude.

He's not very comfortable with physical contact, and just bad at talking to people in general, but he doesn't actively hate people. Well, not yet, at least.

oscar

Arcane
B

Though having gone this route I'd rather we'd been a disturbingly cold and distant silent type rather than an awkward dorky silent type.

Nevill

Arcane
So let her continue doing that and let us continue avoiding those evil stares lest the old crone starts yelling at us too.
We need to keep her properly motivated. If we get yelled at, this will trigger her motherly instinct and make her even more protective of us.

See, I want our character to be asocial, but it does not mean I want him to be completely devoid of social connections. Rather I'd prefer him having a few very strong ties with certain people and become very emotionally dependant on them to an unhealthy degree while being a stranger to everyone else. Like, y'know, Cao'er.

A complete isolationist just does not seem all that interesting to me. No triggers to exploit, no abandonment points to rack, no drama potential. Meh.

Last edited:

Baltika9

Arcane
Personally, I have no interest in playing a male Cao'er, I'm more in line with this:
This city is afraid of me...I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex andmurder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"... and I'll look down and whisper "No."

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Cold, calm and distant, with an agenda of his own and the will to carry it out? Sounds like it'd stem from the D-archetype.

Which you didn't vote for. :lol:

Nevill

Arcane
Personally, I have no interest in playing a male Cao'er, I'm more in line with this:
Comes down to preferences, I guess.

I have no interest in playing a completely detached and empathically numb character. I have ignored the heartless and calculating type in favor of a creepy psycho who is only selectively so.

Tigranes

Arcane
Cold, calm and distant, with an agenda of his own and the will to carry it out? Sounds like it'd stem from the D-archetype.

Which you didn't vote for. :lol:

Yeah, we already voted not to be Mastermind, forcing the issue will make us halfarsed.

Certainly, we want to be a manipulative C rather than retarded C, but the way in which we will be manipulative is by 'truly' being shy and cowardly and attracting assertive types like Uehara to stand up for us and take care of our shit.

In a way, we are a Ean / Xu Jing magnet - hey, heroe type, help me, I'm going to die!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom