Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] Spiral

Kipeci

Arcane
She tried to screw us over again? Really, how unexpected.

C.

Jester

Arbiter
Have to kill this frigging ghost to get back lolinomicon. All humans here will presume we are murdering psycho if she wont come back ok, although i kind of want to kill her for her stunts. Lets face it best scenario is getting info. Lets get info and later split from those people. Lone wolf style.

D>C.

Kipeci

Arcane
They don't remember anything, why bother? Just ditch 'em like we ahould have done in the last choice. I hope Ei getting stabbed hasn't damaged her.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
They don't remember anything, why bother?
They don't remember us walking out together? Or will they fail to link a corpse with signs of an attempted rape and subsequent violent death to us if they find it?

Unless we dispose of the body, of course. Have anyone seen the bags? Perhaps we should visit the surgery ward for a bonesaw?

I find it strange that we have to decide whether to spare her or not before we hear her out. It might depend on her answers and subsequent behavior.

Eh. Don't like our choices. Would vote for babies.

Last edited:

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
I find it strange that we have to decide whether to spare her or not before we hear her out. It might depend on her answers and subsequent behavior.

Because it's not easy for you to refrain from killing people at the moment. You need to be trying to save her wholeheartedly, which includes resolving to save her mind, and maintaining a positive attitude if you even want a chance at succeeding.

Do take into the account the choices that have been made since the start of the chapter.

Tigranes

Arcane
Given Uehara's importance to the story of the hospital and our past, I'd prefer that we give her a chance. We also don't know at all if this Uehara is psychically continuous with the Uehara of Hospital One - even if that Uehara thought we didn't remember anything, it treated us very very differently. One may surmise that Uehara is subject to her own voices, and she can be persuaded by our action that we don't remember everything and we have no hostile intentions.

D>C

Although, treave keeps offering us the super-evil options and I'd really like to take a couple one day... maybe now is the chance? We can go the full Ei route. We tried being helpful and nice for the most part in Hospital One, and we ultimately didn't get very far. Now we know Ei is a potentially powerful weapon, and this new crowd seems even less likeable than the first, Uehara included. Maybe we should save who we can, after we have the power to save anybody?

Nevill

Arcane
Because it's not easy for you to refrain from killing people at the moment. You need to be trying to save her wholeheartedly, which includes resolving to save her mind, and maintaining a positive attitude if you even want a chance at succeeding.

Do take into the account the choices that have been made since the start of the chapter.
I would probably disagree with that one. I'd say that it is easier for us to try and save people than to leave them when they are in danger or kill them.

So far I can remember only one person killed by us, Taketatsu, and it happened right after he eviscerated Maeda on our very eyes.

Meanwhile I also remember saving or trying to save Mitsuki, Shiba, Amanozaki, Maeda and Mori, of all people. The last case is especially interesting since he was openly antagonistic to us and we have seen nothing from him but trouble, yet we gave up our arm to shield him from a bullet just on an assumption that he is one of the 'good guys'. That suggests to me that we aren't operating based on the subject's attitude towards us (if enemy -> then eliminate) but on some other basis. The nature of this basis may be debated, though I am leaning on a mixture of 'how likely is the person in question to help us get out of here' and 'how sympathetic is the character'.

Which is why to me the choice of giving someone who is not friendly to us a benefit of the doubt before committing to an action does not seem all that strange.

Why is it not easy for us to refrain from killing people?

Kipeci

Arcane
They don't remember us walking out together? Or will they fail to link a corpse with signs of an attempted rape and subsequent violent death to us if they find it?

That was in response to Jester. They don't remember being trapped in this place and I don't think we're going to get any better insights from them than from Ei, and them being around may hinder our ability to do as much with Ei if they get suspicious of things. Clearly they remember us going out together; that just means that we're in a bad shape if we encounter them again regardless of what we do, since Uehara is in a horrible shape by this point even if we allow her to live. Do you think that if we just walk back to them with Uehara as she is that everything's going to be well even if she doesn't try to screw us over? They trust her much more than us, and even if we don't treat her as an enemy I don't think she can help but see us as one.

Also a bit of a nitpick on this one, but going with option C we destroy the ghost first so there shouldn't be rape occurring. The violent death thing still stands though; really, it's best not to run into them again.

Nevill

Arcane
They don't remember being trapped in this place and I don't think we're going to get any better insights from them than from Ei, and them being around may hinder our ability to do as much with Ei if they get suspicious of things.
I am reluctant to become overreliant on Ei.

Do you think that if we just walk back to them with Uehara as she is that everything's going to be well even if she doesn't try to screw us over?
I think it has a chance to go better if we return together and don't leave a body behind.

They trust her much more than us, and even if we don't treat her as an enemy I don't think she can help but see us as one.
Maybe, maybe not.

She takes us for someone that we are not, much like Maeda the night before. We do not remember everything, and for some reason this bit is important to her.

It is dangerous to leave her alive, and it is dangerous to kill her. In the first case she might turn on us if we don't go all the way trying to convince her of our good intentions, and she might still backstab us if we do. In the second case, we might have to kill the others one by one should they discover a body (and her classmates, especially Sakimura. will look for her).

In these circumstances I prefer not to be the one who fires the first shot.

Also a bit of a nitpick on this one, but going with option C we destroy the ghost first so there shouldn't be rape occurring.
Thus 'attempted'.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
I would probably disagree with that one. I'd say that it is easier for us to try and save people than to leave them when they are in danger or kill them.

So far I can remember only one person killed by us, Taketatsu, and it happened right after he eviscerated Maeda on our very eyes.

Meanwhile I also remember saving or trying to save Mitsuki, Shiba, Amanozaki, Maeda and Mori, of all people. The last case is especially interesting since he was openly antagonistic to us and we have seen nothing from him but trouble, yet we gave up our arm to shield him from a bullet just on an assumption that he is one of the 'good guys'. That suggests to me that we aren't operating based on the subject's attitude towards us (if enemy -> then eliminate) but on some other basis. The nature of this basis may be debated, though I am leaning on a mixture of 'how likely is the person in question to help us get out of here' and 'how sympathetic is the character'.

Which is why to me the choice of giving someone who is not friendly to us a benefit of the doubt before committing to an action does not seem all that strange.

Why is it not easy for us to refrain from killing people?

Chapter. Not chapters. This one, in particular, starting from the first choice made in the first update of the chapter.

And D is obviously giving Uehara the benefit of the doubt so I'm not sure where your dissatisfaction stems from, exactly.

Nevill

Arcane
And D is obviously giving Uehara the benefit of the doubt so I'm not sure where your dissatisfaction stems from, exactly.
There is no dissatisfaction, just disagreement. With that line in particular:
Because it's not easy for you to refrain from killing people at the moment.
The first choice in the chapter had us pick and choose who gets to live and who doesn't, but I did not think that we would be the one executing the latter when there is the whole hospital eager to do so.

Kz3r0

Arcane
Guys, remember that there were talks of time paradoxes at the beginning?
Remember how the modern hospital shifted back to the old hospital, this one. when something bad happened?
It's perfectly possible that we are changing the past here, let's avoid to leave corpses around unless there is a good reason for that.
It has practically openly stated that we are the evil mastermind of all this and probably directly responsible of many gruesome deaths, we are already under the influence of the Codex of Pestilential Thought, let's not make things worse.
I even think that is possible that the Lolicomicon taught us all about black magick and human sacrifice, remember also the note we found at the entrance of this hospital that involved us in some shady business.
In short, I think that we have the opportunity to undo the actions of our past evil self, if instead we play by the 'book' we will become what we tried to avoid to be until now.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
There is no dissatisfaction, just disagreement. With that line in particular:

The voices begin to rise in your mind, floating to the surface of your consciousness like rotting bodies from the depths.

Kill her.

Kill the bitch.

She’s in your way.

“You want to kill me… so there’ll be no complaints if I do the same to you, right?” you ask coldly.

Just because you can't hear them at the moment doesn't mean they are no longer there in your mind.

Nevill

Arcane
I do not believe evil actions could be 'undone'. What's done is done, there is no way around it.

I do, however, think that it should not be made worse.

I also suspect that some of the perpetrators of the past crimes were included into our psyche. The perspective shift from us to the shade is unnoticeable, almost like it was us reliving some past memory.

Kz3r0

Arcane
Instead I think that our ultimate goal is to go at the roots of this evil, meaning the Juunimon, or when the old hospital has been founded, by the memories of the library ghost someone purposefully made this place a gate to the underworld, for very questionable motives.

Nevill

Arcane
What do you mean? The gate was always here, and this plays always had a heightened spiritual connection to the other side.
It is an ancient cherry blossom that predates the Ikei and Kaimei hospitals, the war-time ward, and even the Sakaguchi mansion. There are few still living here who remember the old tales, but I have discovered that this tree used to be worshipped as a gatekeeper to the underworld by the locals.
The village and its rites were there for a long time.

Naturally, there were people trying to use it somehow. A noble dabbling in the occult. Nazi scientists. The Kaimei group. All the crimes committed by them did not make the place better, but those were symptoms, not the cause.

The roots of the problem go way beyond the hospital, and I very much doubts we can 'fix' something that may stretch past recorded history.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

B>A>C

Finally, some sensible choices.

Bros, she seems pretty convinced that WE are the one responsible for all of this and that WE need to die. Put yourself in her place, if you thought that and if you thought about someone or if you could save your sister or whatever by killing said someone - if you were convinced of it both by reason and by the insanity brought on by 100 nights of madness and death - would ANY words be able to dissuade you?

We just extended the olive branch of peace by following her, showing that we were willing to forgive the betrayals of the previous nights and work together, and she tried to murder us and use us as a human sacrifice without remorse.

She really wants to kill us. I'm not seeing much hope of talking this out. 10000 nights of torment have driven this girl crazy. Either we break her or kill her, but I doubt our chances of reasoning with her.

And if we don't let the ghost break her, she will be our permanent enemy next time too. She is like us. She remembers everything from each night. She will remember the book and she will remember that we killed her.

The difference being that she gave in to her madness (momentarily?) and we still haven't.
Nope. She lead us far from the others and tried to murder us. She had it planned from the moment she asked us to come with her. That's cold blooded, premeditated murder in any court of law.
Don't know how much of her mind is still intact, and she may well be beyond salvation, but I'll take the chance.
Well, we just did take the chance and she tried to murder us. You really want to try diplomacy with her again? Fool me once. But we've had enough of these discussions for me to know that you'd do that even if you knew there was no chance of success.

TBH, I really thought there was a chance of us working together, but even though we were peaceful and cooperative, she still wanted to kill us.

B is the best choice here. She's already broken, just in a way that makes her want to kill us. We just need to break her a little more so that she will work with us instead of against us. The only other alternative is to kill her, so it's for her own good. It's like shock therapy, only with more choking and less electricity...

Breaking her is the only way I can see to both save her and survive this ourselves.

Guys, remember that there were talks of time paradoxes at the beginning?
I even think that is possible that the Lolicomicon taught us all about black magick and human sacrifice, remember also the note we found at the entrance of this hospital that involved us in some shady business.
In short, I think that we have the opportunity to undo the actions of our past evil self, if instead we play by the 'book' we will become what we tried to avoid to be until now.
That's a bunch of assumptions though. The best way to answer all our questions is to beak her here and now. Then we can have everything she knows and a new ally. We may even be able to help her get out of this alive. If it turns out we are responsible, we can make a decision about what to do then, but I doubt it. She's insane and has probably been lied to by the old man for a very long time. All the evil within Shino appears to be from the fractured souls and their malice within him. As if he himself is a shattered soul, stitched together with other souls. Uehara on the other hand appears to want to raise her dead relative and the old man appears to be pure evil - both are much better candidates for being the ones behind all this.

edit: fyi, 10000 nights equates to roughly 27.4 years.

Last edited by a moderator:

lemming-drop-o.gif

Kipeci

Arcane
It does make sense to allow it, the only reason I'm not going for B (aside from that no one else will vote for it obviously) is that Ei seems kinda reluctant about it and I'd rather avoid upsetting her when she just saved our life. Though, I thought that our remembering things now means that if we die we die for real, not that we're raised again? If we are going to be raised again when we inevitably stumble our way into a horrible demise, then yeah, B makes the most sense.

Nevill

Arcane
Lambchop said:
Put yourself in her place, if you thought that and if you thought about someone or if you could save your sister or whatever by killing said someone - if you were convinced of it both by reason and by the insanity brought on by 100 nights of madness and death - would ANY words be able to dissuade you?
No. Actions, on the other hand...

We just extended the olive branch of peace by following her, showing that we were willing to forgive the betrayals of the previous nights and work together, and she tried to murder us and use us as a human sacrifice without remorse.
OR we have shown her that we are the guy who trapped her and her sister here by 'confirming' that we remember 'everything', whatever that means.

And if we don't let the ghost break her, she will be our permanent enemy next time too. She is like us. She remembers everything from each night. She will remember the book and she will remember that we killed her.
But what if we don't?

Nope. She lead us far from the others and tried to murder us. She had it planned from the moment she asked us to come with her. That's cold blooded, premeditated murder in any court of law.
As you might have noticed, agreeing with the voices does not involve us frothing at the mouth, either. I don't see any contradictions with what I said.

She may or may not be reasoned with, we will not know until we try, and so far we didn't.

Well, we just did take the chance and she tried to murder us.
She is under a misconception. We may attempt to talk it out.

You really want to try diplomacy with her again?
Yes.

TBH, I really thought there was a chance of us working together, but even though we were peaceful and cooperative, she still wanted to kill us.
She is our little Miss Bai. :love:

B is the best choice here. She's already broken, just in a way that makes her want to kill us. We just need to break her a little more so that she will work with us instead of against us.
She may be broken, but not by us. Your actions would set us being enemies in stone, and I don't think we are. Not yet.

We just need to break her a little more so that she will work with us instead of against us.
You just want to watch kinky ghost sex, don't you? When it's Kayano Rina, I will oblige you.

The best way to answer all our questions is to break her here and now. Then we can have everything she knows and a new ally.
:updatedmytxt:

Bai Juitan alarm! All hands on deck! :shunthenonbeliever:

Last edited:

Bro, you don't "talk out" a 27+ year "misconception". It's a frick'n religion to her at this point. Think about it: she is willing to lure another human into a room and brutally murder him, offering him as a human sacrifice with a look of "unhinged satisfaction" on her face.

And there is zero evidence she hears voices. This is all her own brand of crazy - and why wouldn't it be after 27 years of hell? It's a theory, but I think we're special in regard to the voices. Maybe we've been used in an experiment or something and we got thrown in a soul blender. I don't know, but I think we're the only one hearing voices apart from maybe the old man.

Also, this is more Theseus/Naim than Bai. Theseus/Naim is motivated by love to kill us and therefor can never be reasoned with in any way that doesn't include saving/protecting/obtaining said love. All other concerns are trumped. She could become our Bai if we break her though. Just like how we let Bai fight what's his name and get all hot and bothered, we can let Uehara get roughed up a bit and she'll gladly join the harem.

But I digress, you have to show her hard proof that killing us won't end her hellish nightmare AND give her back the person she wants to raise from the dead. I don't think we have that proof yet. It may not even exist. The only options are to delay by killing her (which is dangerous as she will be our enemy next time) or break her now. That or die at her hands like a hapless fool, lose Mitsuki the book and maybe even not come back at all given that the chapter titles are back instead of times, possibly indicating that we are outside of the time loop.

It does make sense to allow it, the only reason I'm not going for B (aside from that no one else will vote for it obviously) is that Ei seems kinda reluctant about it and I'd rather avoid upsetting her when she just saved our life. Though, I thought that our remembering things now means that if we die we die for real, not that we're raised again? If we are going to be raised again when we inevitably stumble our way into a horrible demise, then yeah, B makes the most sense.
Ever consider that maybe Ei just doesn't want us having a pretty girl around willing to do our bidding?

Last edited by a moderator:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom