Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] Spiral

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
A!

The Power of Friendship will see us through!:happytrollboy:

Tigranes

Arcane
Wait, are you saying you didn't take the opportunity to put random loot, Shulgi, in the game? What the fuck man

B for now. I suppose nobody's going to vote C, we saw what happened last time we needlessly antagonised everyone. Hopefully it's enough to learn more about how this round differs from the Hospital rounds.

asxetos

Augur
Its not random.

You can buy it from Vault Dweller along with items from other Codexers :P

Rex Feral

Prophet
C>B, I don't give a fuck about THESE people. Where are Maeda or Mori?

Last edited:

asxetos

Augur
Its not random.

You can buy it from Vault Dweller along with items from other Codexers :P
Tell me you're shitting me. Please.

I shit you not.

There is a brothel in Defiance Bay. On the top floor there is a Prestigious Gentlemen's Club that requires a special ring to enter. Inside is Jaesun and VD. VD sells the items. I had 35000 when i went in there and got out with 2500...

Kipeci

Arcane
I'll figure to go with C. Those guys left us to die, what obligation do we have to tell them anything? Telling them the story is likely to get us into some sort of inconsistency that will make them suspicious anyway, so we might as well not bother with speaking on the matter.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Didn't you all learn your lesson last time we tried to spin something in front of Uehara??

If we tell even a half truth, she will fill in the blanks again and steal this from us too. We are not a good liar and she - and maybe some of the others too - seems to know a lot more about this place than we do. The book was bound to that spirit and not by choice, remember? Perhaps there is someone here who will recognize that spirit's description or the description of the book we couldn't stop reading and will put two and two together. Again. And then we will lose our mcguffin. AGAIN.

C

Elfberserker

Liturgist
C
I have no single idea which choice would be smart choice, but hiding our book waifu from from possible desperate people in haunted hospital seems best bet.

Random Word

Arbiter
MCA Project: Eternity
I'm demanding Obsidian patch the name - it was meant to be the Manly Conqueror's Spear. Sawyer must have decided it wasn't gender neutral enough, but he clearly doesn't realize that Master Zhang transcends petty notions like gender. The Treave bit is either on Crooked Bee or Obsidian, but I'll let it slide.

Nevill

Arcane
Can we at least help Amanozaki craft a proper barrier now that we know the spell? I feel bad for our psychic.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Alright, time to continue.

Final tally:

A - 1
B - 4
C - 8

edit: was expecting to get it out now, but there's some prior work I need to deal with. Update's delayed till sometime in the next 24 hours, or after the weekend if I can't get any time tomorrow.

Last edited:

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Words with Meaning

“It is really none of your business, is it, Kayano-san?” You have no intention of letting them push you around with their questions and demands. Frowning, you tell her, “Aren’t you being a bit too nosy?”

“I don’t think so, not at all.” To your surprise, she doesn’t back down. Was there always this hard look to the office worker’s eyes? “Shinoseki-san, you don’t seem to understand the predicament we are in. If something happened to you in that room, or if you found anything in those shelves that can help us, we should know. We are all in this together, aren’t we?”

“If you were that concerned, Kayano-san, perhaps you should have stayed at the door until I came out,” you say hotly.

The older woman shrugs, and smiles sadly. “Oh, if you want to be stubborn, so be it, Shinoseki-san. I think you are still hiding something, but we are in no condition to force you to talk. I can only hope that you’ll be a bit less selfish and cooperate with us.”

They’re ones to talk about being selfish, Acchan. They’re mewling, irritating and needy. Why did you even come look for them anyway? They won’t appreciate what you can do for them.

That’s right. “Are you implying that I have hidden anything that I am obligated to share with you?” Unbidden, your feelings of annoyance slowly freeze over, turning into a cold indifference. As if you are examining an ant waving its antennae at you, with its petty concerns. What an insignificant woman.

Kayano must be able to see it in your face, as she visibly jerks back slightly under your gaze. “Oh, don’t… don’t get me wrong, Shinoseki-san. I’m not saying that at all.”

“I think what Kayano-san is getting at, is that we are in this together, and should be honest with each other,” chimes in the security guard with a silly grin. “Come on, this is a strange place, but we should cheer up!”

“I totally agree, Murano-kun!” laughs Sawada. “Here, buddy!” He raises his hand up for a hi-five, with the guard, Murano, obliges happily.

“What a bunch of dorks,” mutters the girl with the fake cat ears quietly.

Honestly, if they have nothing useful to add, you shouldn’t be wasting your time on this anymore, Acchan.

Ei is right. You stand up, looking down upon them. “So, is that all for the interrogation?”

“Y-yeah…” mumbles Sawada. He seems to be feeling intimidated by your change in demeanour.

“Maybe we should focus on something more useful then. Like what we are going to do next,” you say. “Where we are going to go.”

“Yeah, about that…” Sawada looks frustratedly at the main doors of the hospital. You had left them open when you came in, but they are closed now. “The doors you said you unlocked? They are locked again. We can’t get out, and we tried smashing the door down… but we only managed to break a bench doing so.”

“Yeah,” nods Murano, “the door is stuck fast. Weird.”

It isn’t going to be that easy to escape. Besides, running into the woods would be… splat!
Ei mimicks – in a disturbingly realistic way – the wet, slimy sound of raw flesh and blood splattering on the ground.

Do you know how to escape?

Me? Oh, I wouldn’t know until I digest more of the malice and fully understand what we are facing.

You shake your head. That’s fine. You have your suspicions. Ending the curse, for one… that would be a good place to start investigating.

“Kukuku… the barrier is completed. We are now secure, everyone. The lobby will now be safe harbour for us to rest,” says Amanozaki, who appears to have completed her circle. You look at the crudely drawn chalk patterns and the old, worn string that she has used for a physical representation of the barrier, and realize that you could probably do better… but that would probably draw suspicion from Kayano and the others. Already they are convinced that you are hiding something.

Don’t worry, Acchan! This thing will probably hold for a bit. As useless as that glasses lady is, even the poor imitation of a pattern, without actual power behind it, will evoke its intended function in a world where the ethereal and the material have been smashed together.

So, what you’re saying is…

There’s no need to play your hand by revealing you know anything about spells, of course! My incantations are for you and your eyes alone, Acchan.

There is someone standing in front of you. You raise your head, and see Uehara.

“Hey, Uehara! Are you feeling better already?” Sakimura calls out from behind her.

“I’m fine. Don’t be such a nag!” she retorts. You get a glimpse of the normal, cheerful Uehara, though you can see that her lips are still pale, and her posture unsteady. “Just need to talk to this guy for a sec!”

“Do you know him, Shizucchi?” asks her female schoolmate, shiba.

“Y-yeah,” smiles Uehara. “We go a bit back, actually.”

“Oh. I didn’t know you did compensated dating with older men, Uehara,” grins Kozaka, adjusting his glasses.

“What? I never knew that, Uehara!” Sakimura shouts in a panic.

“Of course that’s not it!” Uehara shouts, a hint of a laugh around the corners of her mouth. “Look, he’s just an acquaintaince, okay?”

You have kept quiet all this while, but you do not remember ever meeting her before the hospital. Nor has she really shown any signs that she knew you before this, during the previous nights. Perhaps…

Uehara turns to you, her eyes suddenly wide with desperate hope. Leaning in close to your ear, so close that you can smell the slight fragrance in her hair, she whispers, “Hey. You finally remember everything, right?” so softly that only you can hear it. There is a strangled, offended shriek from Sakimura in the background.

“I… I don’t know what you mean,” you mumble. Uehara stares at you intensely as you say that, making you turn uncomfortably away.

“Shinoseki-san! I’m sorry, Shinoseki-san, can I have a bit of your attention?” Kayano hollers from where she is sitting, with Sawada and the others.

“What is it, Kayano-san?” you turn, not sure whether to be annoyed with her pestering, or grateful for the reprieve.

“Isn’t there something tucked under your shirt, at the back of your pants?”

Damn her keen office lady eyes.

“Hey, you.” A tug on your sleeve draws your attention back to Uehara. She whispers again, “Come with me. We need to talk in private. This is very important, especially if you remember the previous nights. The others won’t understand.”

She knows about the nights. You are suddenly unsure how to react. Ei takes the chance to make a suggestion.

You shouldn’t go with her, Acchan. Why don’t you just run and dump these people? You don’t need them. The two of us, we can survive just by ourselves!

“Shinoseki-san. Is that a book?” Kayano stands up, and begins walking towards you. You don’t like the look in her eyes. It is… hungry.

A. You stay here and confront Kayano. You should find out what she knows of Ei, since she seems to be suspecting you of possessing it at the moment. Hopefully things won’t turn into a physical confrontation.

B. You leave with Uehara, to find a place where the two of you can talk in private. If she knows about the previous nights, and about your memory loss, this might be a breakthrough if you can actually discuss the matter with her.

C. You follow Ei’s advice and run off by yourself, into the depths of the hospital. You don’t need them, if you have the book.

Nevill

Arcane
B.

Uehara turns to you, her eyes suddenly wide with desperate hope.
She had waited for that for a long time, it seems, and I'd rather work with someone who isn't a sociopathic book feeding off other people's malice and anguish.

Also, she called mah waifu Amanozaki useless! Burn the witch! Burn her!! :fight:

Don't want to stay with a hungry office cougar, either.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom