Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] Pilgrimage

Esquilax

Arcane
This is gonna be fun when the hurting starts. :lol:

:lol:

Of course, I'm expecting Issus to administer some sort of insane witch doctor test to ascertain if we've kept our faith and not been corrupted by the mountain. Perhaps we should have gone with the vendor - he isn't an authority figure, so he would have been the one most amenable to trading favours and doing business, even if that deal might have been a bit lopsided. We could have provided him with services of our own in making salves, and he would be unlikely to either be a religious zealot or am enforcer who thinks we're touched by the mountain and need to die.

As for the secret collaborators in the LP, I think one of them's Hellraiser.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
This is gonna be fun when the hurting starts. :lol:

:lol:

Of course, I'm expecting Issus to administer some sort of insane witch doctor test to ascertain if we've kept our faith and not been corrupted by the mountain. Perhaps we should have gone with the vendor - he isn't an authority figure, so he would have been the one most amenable to trading favours and doing business, even if that deal might have been a bit lopsided. We could have provided him with services of our own in making salves, and he would be unlikely to either be a religious zealot or am enforcer who thinks we're touched by the mountain and need to die.

As for the secret collaborators in the LP, I think one of them's Hellraiser.

The greater the risk, the greater the rewards, though...

Boris

Educated
Queued
3) Go to the wares vendor. Suck him off for some herbalist equip and a knife. And next
(we can hex edit the savegame if ever need that magiks sword that we lost)
4) Get the fuck out. We have been walking towards The Mountain for 5 years now. What could possibly be there... THE SUPER FRIENDS MAGIKSKSK GUILD?

Bohr

Arcane
Boris making the early running for worst post of 2013.

Boris

Educated
Queued
oh sweetybuns, dont dance with me if i am off a binge

I liked the detail regarding the hanging rope breaking necks or not.
"like a gloved hand choking the life out of it" - feels melodramatic and forced
"there are other houses lit houses along the way" - i dunno, if you are riting prose, this would be kinda infodumpy, did you try to save it with "lit"..., i mean "there" and "are" is just pathetic, what about "several dimly lit shacks litter the street along the way" (i am not a riter)
I am disappointed by the style anyway. Who cares.

When's the update coming?

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
[Truth] I swear it

We're going to need help to make it up this mountain, he's offering. Plus, it doesn't seem like what's he's asking is a very high price.

Esquilax

Arcane
Given the nature of the setting, I get the feeling that breaking the promise and fucking off won't be wise and we might incur the wrath of powerful forces. That being said, I just don't see the wisdom in getting a fucking herbalist to go on a suicide mission to a godforsaken mountain in which there are no herbs. It's incredibly foolish and Issus is not being reasonable. Why isn't the Sheriff doing this shit?

Because of that, I have to vote 2). root, I assume that Issus won't be giving us any gear if we refuse the oath? I'm hoping he gives us at least something.

Fuck it, being a fanatic sounds compelling, flopping to 1)

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
We're going up the mountain regardless, might as well gear up first.

Baltika9

Arcane
1) it's along the way and I don't like turning down sidequests. Besides, we haven't played a religious fanatic yet, so might as well. Plus, he's giving us gear, nothing bad about that.

TOME

Cuckmaster General
It's along the way so we might do it as well. And if we happen to die before that, well, it's either death with 2 and 3 or playing an undead abomination with 1 :incline:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom