Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Inactive [LP CYOA] Overlord

Esquilax

Arcane
Though it ended up pretty close to what I envisioned - but I thought it'd kill the princess too. Good thing she's durable.

If there is one thing that Codex voters have been surprisingly good at, it's at not killing any of our waifus. We're basically a bunch of idiot savants who can only string together coherent plans when there's pussy at stake. We'll jump into rifts in a heartbeat, but we won't endanger Sekhenun or Cao'er.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Actually, I've decided that B > A1 is better. This sounds like a sensitive, difficult conversation to have, which means that we should have it later.
Eh, from everything we've seen so far, she's pretty hard-boiled and for all we know, this is how demon lords pass their legacy. "IT IS TRADITION."

Heck, she may even get hot over us by knowing Daddy approved.

edit: and I'll point out that she already knows something is up between us and her dad, so lying just may make her distrust us:
That power… I could sense a bit of my father’s essence within it. Just what did you do? What happened after the explosion at our castle?” she asks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kipeci

Arcane
A1. She needs to know that it's okay for us to come after her heart, as her father's one is with us at all times.

Baltika9

Arcane
Besides, what's a burgeoning love story without a juicy secret? She's supposed to fall in love despite her initial disdain, then find out we lied, then murder us slowly forgive us in the end. That's how these things work, right?
In the words of the great Moe Sizlack:

Actually, this made me wonder. treave, what would she have thought of us as a demon lord with her father's power?

Esquilax

Arcane
That little clip only shows me how far Simpsons has been in :decline:. Should have cancelled it at least 15 years ago.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012

Baltika9

Arcane
That little clip only shows me how far Simpsons has been in :decline:. Should have cancelled it at least 15 years ago.
Too true, sadly South Park is heading there too. Family Guy is still OK over a beer.
Looks like the option to:

continues to be ignored. :lol:
Well, we just got a cult of gobbos that can do shit for us. They can start with a sandwich, no roast beef or mayo.

Family Guy is still OK over a beer.
Family guy should have been canceled after season 1 or 2. It's the reason for the decline of shows like The Simpsons.
Because of Family Guy all the shows have to have "random" jokes. (ie, non sequiturs that make the :avatard: masses say, "lol, that's so random!").

So I take it diablerie is something the demons are familiar with. Hopefully it's okay in their society.
For all we know, it was a marriage ceremony. Instead of the father giving away the bride, he litterally gives away his heart. "IT IS TRADITION."

Baltika9

Arcane
Christ, I would die of alcohol poisoning before Family Guy became funny. It's the fucking worst.
How do you think I watch it? The guys I hang out with love the shit, so I'm kinda stuck with it. It gets okay after the first five shots.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Goddamnit, people! I told you that the spell would kill minions!
I know, right?

I mean, what kind of Overlord would we be if we didn't show our minions right away how expendable and insignificant they are?

I don't see whty we can't tell her everything. Whether she likes it or not, it was her father's decision to save our life with whatever method he chose. A1.

Looks like the option to:

C. Fuck this shit! say the voices. You agree. You flee into the wilderness.
continues to be ignored. :lol:
You can't seriously offer the Codex a choice to do something and not to do something, and expect the latter to be taken (unless the action is extremely stupid). There must be at least a hint of what the other options allows.

Say, if it had babies mentioned, that would be a much harder choice. :M

Last edited:

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
I mean, what kind of Overlord would we be if we didn't show our minions right away how expendable and insignificant they are?

You need more of these:

prinny-disgaea-2-8533065-96-100.gif

Last edited:

wjw

Augur
I'll join the A1 bandwagon. I mean... who wouldn't fall in love with one who has eaten yar fathers heart.

Nevill

Arcane
Okay, comment time!
The material earth will transcend and soar the skies; my will is the light of judgment that illuminates the world.
Is this really the incantation for Gigadyne? Isn't that a bit too judgemental for our hero?

This is starting to sound like Slayers. :roll:
Darkness beyond twilight
Crimson beyond blood that flows
Buried in the flow of time
In thy great name, I pledge myself to darkness
Let all the fools who stand in our way be destroyed
by the power you and I possess...

:salute::salute::salute::lol:

Putting all you have into a single casting of the spell, you summon lightning. Bolts of glowing energy, drawn down from the clouds, strike the stone all around you. The ground quakes.
[...]
Doing your best to minimize any further damage to your surroundings, you concentrate the overwhelming flow of energy into a single, colossal pillar of lightning.
So, it can work as an Ion Cannon?

I am not entirely sure how the spell functions as a mean of attacking. Is it hindered indoors where there is no access to the skies and clouds? What of the planes that don't have a sky? Or is it powered by our own reserves and the environmental effects are just fluff?

Of the minotaur there is no trace – having been trapped in the epicenter of the spell, there was not even a speck of ash left of the monster.
Minotaur - Ean, 1 : 0.
Minotaur - Overlord, 0 : 1.
Just saying, being prone to collateral damage pays off. :M

Her armor is ruined again, and she has only kept enough of it to retain her modesty.
Wasn't she bathing just five minutes ago and thus had to form her armor out of her own bat wings? Shouldn't that, uh, hurt?

If it doesn't, we should make a habit out of ruining her armor in every encounter until she gets a hint and changes her outfit to a plate bikini. :M

Do we know anything about healing capabilities in the setting? It was mentioned that healing would have saved our life if Althus or Kyle cast a spell... but would it also regenerate our limbs? Will recuperating help us heal our wing, or are we stuck in our one-winged angel form? Do princess' wings need healing? Can anyone learn the healing spells, or are they a prerogative of priests, as it usually is in fantasy settings? Should we make acquiring a busty priestess our first priority?

Are there Resurrection spells/Phoenix Downs?

“The light of your arrival killed fifteen of our people, the earth shaking from your battle killed twenty more, and the judgment you brought down upon the lord of fire must have killed at least fifty of us. Oh, truly, you are the Shining One, the Demon God prophesized to return and bring us to paradise"
Yes. Oh, yes. We'll bring them to paradise alright. To our paradise. :cool: They still might experience some unpleasantries.

Now, I wonder if there are human settlements nearby. If we don't switch our attention elsewhere soon, we might run out of poor bastards.

Do not even think about running off. There are things you have to tell me.
So direct. So clingy. Does she want us to stay with her that much?

I hope our halo turns pink around her even if just a little bit. :oops:

If there is one thing that Codex voters have been surprisingly good at, it's at not killing any of our waifus. We're basically a bunch of idiot savants who can only string together coherent plans when there's pussy at stake. We'll jump into rifts in a heartbeat, but we won't endanger Sekhenun or Cao'er.
Sekhenun was turned into a sword in our absence, so we failed to protect her; we have melted Kyrie and got Rei killed, and even though Jing was the only successful Codexian hero who managed to protect everything he loved and believed in, the votes came awfully close to offing Qilin (the showdown between the Fire Cult and Eight Sects, though it wasn't intentional on our part), Yunzi (the immediate results of the said showdown :decline:) and Cao'er (let's suck off the Tufan prince even though we are accused of murder! :retarded::decline:). Not to mention he was a hair's breadth away from murdering Lingshu personally just for giggles ( :retarded::retarded::decline::negative:+M+M).

And the less is said of Spiral, the better. :argh:

You are giving credit where none is due.

Eh, from everything we've seen so far, she's pretty hard-boiled and for all we know, this is how demon lords pass their legacy. "IT IS TRADITION."
I wouldn't say it is likely given how the Demon Lord himself referred to it as 'an experiment'.

Thought he might have meant its Fate-shattering properties.

Last edited:

I wouldn't say it is likely given how the Demon Lord himself referred to it as 'an experiment'.

Thought he might have meant its Fate-shattering properties.
What he said was:
HERE. DEVOUR THE FRUIT OF MY EXPERIMENTS. IT WILL TEAR YOU FREE OF FATE’S LOOM, TO BE WHATEVER YOU WISH TO BE...
The act of eating his heart was not the experiment. Rather, the fruit of his experiments was either contained within his heart or was his heart itself.

So the act of devouring his heart could still mean anything...or nothing.

edit:
Sekhenun was turned into a sword in our absence, so we failed to protect her; we have melted Kyrie and got Rei killed, and even though Jing was the only successful Codexian hero who managed to protect everything he loved and believed in, the votes came awfully close to offing Qilin (the showdown between the Fire Cult and Eight Sects, though it wasn't intentional on our part), Yunzi (the immediate results of the said showdown :decline:) and Cao'er (let's suck off the Tufan prince even though we are accused of murder! :retarded::decline:). Not to mention he was a hair's breadth away from murdering Lingshu personally just for giggles ( :retarded::retarded::decline::negative:+M+M).

And the less is said of Spiral, the better. :argh:

You are giving credit where none is due.
This. What ever happened to Uehara or the others?

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Is this really the incantation for Gigadyne? Isn't that a bit too judgemental for our hero?

He invented the spell, but he didn't write the chant - too lazy to do that. It was written by a female poet with a nice ass and a penchant for dramatics. :M

So, it can work as an Ion Cannon?

I am not entirely sure how the spell functions as a mean of attacking. Is it hindered indoors where there is no access to the skies and clouds? What of the planes that don't have a sky? Or is it powered by our own reserves and the environmental effects are just fluff?

That lightning is drawn to the ground by the effects of your spell, but is entirely unnecessary for it to work. It basically just changes everything into lightning, easy for inanimate objects, highly difficult for living things.

It can work as an Ion Cannon in the sense that you can form the lightning high above the target's head and bring it down. You concentrated it as a vertical pillar to avoid collateral damage, if you had just let it go off, or fired it horizontally, it would have been quite catastrophic. Might've hit some fella's capital or something in the distance. :M

Wasn't she bathing just five minutes ago and thus had to form her armor out of her own bat wings? Shouldn't that, uh, hurt?

Her wings are mostly shadow. Think of it like wing-padding. Her actual wing size is very small, and is a point of insecurity with her. :M

Do we know anything about healing capabiolities in the setting? It was mentioned that healing would have saved our life if Althus or Kyle cast a spell... but would it also regenerate our limbs? Will recuperating help us heal our wing, or are we stuck in a form of a one-winged angel? Do princess' wings need healing? Can anyone learn the healing spells, or are they a prerogative of priests, as it usually is in fantasy settings? Should we set acquiring a busty priestess as our first priority?

You have no idea what sort of healing is available here, but as far as you know, healing is a spell that invokes the Goddesses' power, who are said to mend your thread of life. Full restoration is possible, depending on the caster's faith and mana, as is resurrection. Although it is said that no mortal possesses enough mana to fully resurrect someone from the dead. Theoretically, anyone devout enough could have learnt the healing spells, but the priests guard the secret of True Faith (TM) rather jealously. There are also healing potions crafted by priests, which allow near instantaneous mending of wounds. The ingredients are unknown.

As for your wing, you'll have to find out if it regrows on its own.

Last edited:

Her wings are mostly shadow. Think of it like wing-padding. Her actual wing size is very small, and is a point of insecurity with her. :M
Can she really be called a 10/10 then? I'm thinking 9.5 or something cuz everyone knows 10s have DD wings. :M

Nevill

Arcane
Can she really be called a 10/10 then? I'm thinking 9.5 or something cuz everyone knows 10s have DD wings. :M
Blasphemer! Small wings are best! Small wings are justice! :decline:

Theoretically, anyone devout enough could have learnt the healing spells, but the priests guard the secret of True Faith (TM) rather jealously.
It is settled, then. We will become Prometheus of this world.

Well, except for the capture and liver stuff, that is something we can do without.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Preview:

latest

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom