Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] Epic

Kattze

Andhaira
Andhaira
treave, Some questions bro.

Is Minos aware of the role that we played during the Gieloth-Master conflict?
Do we still have some kind of a telepathic connection with the Anbar-Shi despite our current condition?

I think I'm flipping to A. Stealing the statuette, killing his guard and the fact that he isn't aware of Ean's abilities (martial or otherwise) might make it seem as if Ean is just some common scum that needed to be dispatched. I think Ariadne (If the love potion continued to work) would have rejected Theseus' advances and might still have remained in the palace to search for her beloved (Ean). We can use her help to hightail it out of Crete and rebuild our fortune somewhere else (Carthage? Mycenae? Asia?)

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Well... Minos doesn't even know who the fuck you are. He generally ignores anything not related to bulls. Generally. Also you don't feel the sword anywhere around you. Could be you can't sense it anymore, could be it's too far away, could be it's gone for good.

Baltika9

Arcane
Well... Minos doesn't even know who the fuck you are. He generally ignores anything not related to bulls. Generally. Also you don't feel the sword anywhere around you. Could be you can't sense it anymore, could be it's too far away, could be it's gone for good.
Repost: Treave, requesting a confirmation: Ean thinks the Gieloth presence is Minos, or he knows it is Minos. And can he sense any other gieloth signatures around?

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Thinks. It's the only one he can sense. What other Gieloth could be around?

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
A - 7
B - 1
C - 4
D - 1

Chapter 4.11: Greece at War

Surprisingly enough, the guards make no real effort to stop you once you knock two of them down and send the other sprawling against a wall. They back away from you, their eyes fearful. You quicken your pace and run through the palace, moving away from Minos's presence. You soon find yourself near the outside walls, and with a bound, you leap onto a nearby cart and vault onto the wall. From there, it was a brief hop to freedom, and soon you are safely away from the palace.

At Amnisos, you begin seeking a way off Crete. You have regained some of your powers, but you are still nowhere as strong as you once were. The first thing you notice as you enter the port town is the abundance of military men about. You decide to spend a bit of time asking about recent events before proceeding further, and visit the nearest tavern.

"The king is attacking the other Greek cities, pal. Where've you been stuck this past year?" The innkeep was generous enough with his information, once you've officially become a customer by ordering some drinks.

"Crete, against the other Greek cities? All the other Greek cities?" You can't believe your ears. Despite Minos being a Gieloth, you are certain that two years ago, Crete would only have the military strength to tackle two or three of the Greek cities at a time. Minos did not have enough manpower to conduct a sustained campaign against all of them.

Another man in the tavern, a merchant by the looks of it, spoke up. "Aye, all of them. He'd vowed to tear Athens to the ground, and would have done it too, but apparently Zeus himself ordered the other cities to ally against Minos. At least, that's what I heard. This new king of Athens, Theseus, is much in the favour of the Skyfather. He slew the Minotaur of our own lord, y'know."

If you weren't mistaken, Zeus was a god, and the head of the Greek pantheon. You continue your inquiries.

"And why would Minos want to destroy Athens? Did the loss of the Minotaur weigh so much on him?"

"Oh no, no, it was not because of his divine pet. Theseus dishonored and abducted the princess Ariadne, then murdered the princess Phaedra! All while as an esteemed guest of our king! Where have you been, man? The entire island is still shaken over this."

"Surely Crete, strong as it may be, cannot beat the whole of Greece?" you venture.

"We would not presume to think that even though we love our island and our king so, so much." chuckled the merchant. "King Minos brokered an alliance with Egypt. They've been helping in the war for the past three months now."

It looks like Mehrune's visit had some consequences. You wonder if Sekhenun was still with Mehrune, or if she'd vanished somewhere else for her own purposes. It looks like you have few other leads at the moment.

Stepping out of the tavern, you duck into a dark alley. It may be a good idea to utilize your limited shifting abilities to nudge your features, making yourself look less Sumerian and more Grecian, if you plan on staying in the area.

A. You stow yourself aboard a military vessel heading to the frontlines of the war on the Greek mainland. You plan to eventually head to Athens to investigate the matter of Theseus and this Zeus. Rather than relying on hear-say, it would be more advisable to see the current condition of the region with your own eyes.

B. You take a ship back to Egypt, to look for Mehrune. Hopefully Sekhenun will still be with her; if not, it is still a safer place than staying in the war-torn Aegean for now. Before your powers fully revive, you do not plan on taking any chances with your presence.

C. You return to Minos's court to offer your services incognito. With your knowledge and powers, you could use his admittedly vast resources to find a way to restore your full strength. He will be requiring good men now that he is engaged in a war, and you know how to wage one.

Baltika9

Arcane
B. Screw Greece, Sekhenun is the main priority.

Now let's just hope Sekhenun isn't on Crete with Minos as her sockpuppet.

oscar

Arcane
B. Though Greece is cool and it would be nice to spend some time just doing plain fighting and war, Sekhenun is the main priority. What's your thoughts on this Zeus/Theseus v Minos war? Two Gieloth fighting it out (with 'Zeus' using Theseus as a puppet) or perhaps Zeus is a fellow immortal.

Baltika9

Arcane
B. Though Greece is cool and it would be nice to spend some time just doing plain fighting and war, Sekhenun is the main priority. What's your thoughts on this Zeus/Theseus v Minos war? Two Gieloth fighting it out (with 'Zeus' using Theseus as a puppet) or perhaps Zeus is a fellow immortal.
Judging by Aphrodite, the Greek Pantheon will be organized of Immortals.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron

Horus was/is a Master. I suppose other chief deities might be too.

Anyway, voting B. There'll be time enough for partying in Greece once we recover.

Baltika9

Arcane

Horus was/is a Master. I suppose other chief deities might be too.

Anyway, voting B. There'll be time enough for partying in Greece once we recover.
Well, if he is a master, then...fuck. Find Sekhenun asap, then.

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
B. Let's track down Sek, hopefully we can come to an agreement, or she can at least tap into the artifact for us. We do after all still have a task to complete for her.

Knowing our luck though it will turn out that she's left Egypt and is nowhere to be found.

Esquilax

Arcane
You seem to have recall seeing a similarly carved divine statue back in Heliopolis, but the name of the god escapes you at the moment. Holding it in your hand, you can feel that it is a powerful artifact, but it does not appear to react to your presence, nor do you feel any stronger just by having it with you. Perhaps Sekhenun’s preparations will awaken it. You stuff it in your clothes, and move on.

Any of you bros think that the artifact is a red herring? If there was another artifact like this in Heliopolis, maybe this thing is worthless.

If finding Sekhenun is difficult, then I suppose the alternative is to have Sekhenun come to us. Tracking her will probably be very difficult, but maybe causing a huge stir in Greece under the mantle of Runi will work as well. If we find a dead end in Egypt, no leads, then I think that the next best thing would be to pledge service to the pharaoh (Akil's grandson) and attack Greece. Once word of our deeds gets around, using our old name will let her know that we're still alive.

Baltika9

Arcane
In that case, starving ourselves will not be prudent. We want fast results, we'll have to compromise.

If finding Sekhenun is difficult, then I suppose the alternative is to have Sekhenun come to us. Tracking her will probably be very difficult, but maybe causing a huge stir in Greece under the mantle of Runi will work as well. If we find a dead end in Egypt, no leads, then I think that the next best thing would be to pledge service to the pharaoh (Akil's grandson) and attack Greece. Once word of our deeds gets around, using our old name will let her know that we're still alive.
Sounds like a plan to me. Voting B.

Also let's rebuild the Honourblade the first chance we get - the old one was probably destroyed when we consumed the voices (they were in the blade at that time). Something tells me we will need every edge we can get.

And what's wrong with that asshole Theseus? I can sort of understand him mercykilling us instead of finding the artifact - he simply had no idea what we wanted with it and thought we were dying in pain. Not a bro behavior at all after we saved his ass from the Minotaur, but not really asking for a payback either. But why the fuck kill princess Phaedra after that?

Collage

Educated
You seem to have recall seeing a similarly carved divine statue back in Heliopolis, but the name of the god escapes you at the moment. Holding it in your hand, you can feel that it is a powerful artifact, but it does not appear to react to your presence, nor do you feel any stronger just by having it with you. Perhaps Sekhenun’s preparations will awaken it. You stuff it in your clothes, and move on.

Any of you bros think that the artifact is a red herring? If there was another artifact like this in Heliopolis, maybe this thing is worthless.

This is the most sensible option. I like the idea of investing more in Egypt as well.

Earlier I wanted to move towards Europe with a long-term strategy for empire building, but I feel our recent... hunger has mostly ruled that out. Becoming God-Emperor of mankind will have to wait.

Baltika9

Arcane

Well, like I said in the beginning, the best way for this plan to work is if Ean, under the name Runi, conquers Cyprus. Runi is a common enough name in Egypt now, so a general named Runi showing up should be expected and Sekhenun is not the type to go into a warzone to investigate a coincidence. Now, once we are victorious on a couple battlefields, and raid Cyprus, "In retribution for the sins of Aphrodite" (Make that a statement upon conquest. Might as well throw in some words about our long-lost love that we met in Lady Mehrune's court or some shit like that), then she will have reason to believe that it is the real Runi.

As for empire building, if we can't fix our hunger, might as well go to the north and RP the World Serpent.

Protector of Mankind, whuzzat?
:troll:

TOME

Cuckmaster General
So a gieloth is waging war agains immortals and we don't have a choice to attack the gieloth?:mob: We could end the whole war in an instant and save a lot of lives if we were to sneak back to the palace and end Minos reign.

But with these choices, B.

ScubaV

Prophet
Also let's rebuild the Honourblade the first chance we get - the old one was probably destroyed when we consumed the voices (they were in the blade at that time).

Yeah I have a sneaking suspicion that we are Anbar-Shi in a sense. Daedalus doesn't have it according to treave. Theseus can't have it because according to the voices we were only able to revive because the sword was still in our body. No one else should have been down in the labyrinth. Based on the conversation with the voices it seems like Anbar-Shi contained the last vestige of our consciousness. By consuming the voices we transferred that consciousness to our dead body and revived it. In doing so we absorbed the sword (it was, after all, made from a rib of ours). Or so my theory goes.

I wonder then if we will eventually get back to pre-earthquake strength or only to what the sword was capable of? And if we make a new sword, would its stats be reset or pick up where the original Anbar-Shi left off (since it was supposed to "level up" with us)?

As for the current vote: B.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom