Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] Epic

TOME

Cuckmaster General
Did some counting too.

A-2
Arpad
Baltika9

B-5
ScubaV
Esquilax
TOME
oscar
anus_pounder

C-7
Quetzacoatl
m4davis
newcomer
Tigranes
Bloodshifter
Smashing Axe
Storyfag

D-1
Kipeci

Baltika9

Arcane
Bros, it's not a question of can or can't do, best suited or worst. It's a question of why. Sekehnun strikes me as, above all, a survivalist. Why would she stick her neck out for Ean, when she can be recognized by Minos(who says she can't?), when Ean is the supplicant. HE is the one who needs this, not her. He is the one who will benefit from this, not her.

I'm pretty sure she likes Ean (I really, really hope so:(...sniff), and wants to keep him around, but she's not at that level where she would risk herself for him. This is what I'm aiming for. By 0 AD, I want her to be our loyal follower. If we say jump, she says "How high and is there anything I can get for you while I'm there?" We need her on our side. And to do that, we must needs avoid alienating her.

C is sub-optimal too, since we know shit-all about Minos' daughters. We voted ourselves into a corner, and the only smart choice is A. I'll vote for anything that'll beat it if it will come out leading, though.

ScubaV

Prophet
Bros, it's not a question of can or can't do, best suited or worst. It's a question of why. Sekehnun strikes me as, above all, a survivalist. Why would she stick her neck out for Ean, when she can be recognized by Minos(who says she can't?), when Ean is the supplicant. HE is the one who needs this, not her. He is the one who will benefit from this, not her.

She recruited us initially remember? She needs us to help her out once we get our powers back. By her own words, she wasn't popular with the Gieloth before the whole Egypt thing and after we spared her and she helped us out her reputation can't have improved. She needs muscle and Ean is the only trustworthy source around.

I'm starting to think you just want Ean to get butt-secksed.

Esquilax

Arcane
We don't have our powers and we don't know how the statue restores them as Sekhenun hasn't told us (speaking of this, we should probably ask her). For all we know it will take a week-long ritual. We're not going to overpower Minos without them.

But we also that aren't going to be able to figure out the ritual without her. Nobody has been able to answer Baltika's simple question so far: Why would she help Ean right now? There is no incentive for her to stick her neck out like that.

Still, I don't like C, not just because I feel it isn't in-character, but also because we have no clue who Minos' daughters are or how they'll act. We can control Ean's actions, but we can't predict what will happen once we involve innocent bystanders. I think it also bears mentioning that when Theseus finds out that we've made his lover a target of King Minos' obsessions, he will be very, very pissed off and a match for Ean in battle. It will be ideal if Sekhenun seduces Minos, but I don't see that happening because there's no motivation for her to do so.

That leaves A. Yes, it's riskier, but we can control and predict Ean's actions far better than anybody else's. If you want something done right, you have to do it yourself.

ScubaV: Exactly, she recruited us. Which means that she can monitor the situation and save us should things become troublesome. It doesn't work that way in reverse. If Minos wants to harm us, she can save us, but we won't exactly be able to do the same for her in our condition.

I'm not saying that she's exactly trustworthy, but she should be able to look out for us while Minos is affected by the potion (just like she did when Aphrodite tried to mindrape us). It's not our strength, but I believe that our diminished power gives us one advantage - it makes it a lot harder for others to know we're an immortal. This will make any subterfuge we attempt much easier.

Besides, I think it's about time Ean learned a few social graces.

ScubaV

Prophet
Nobody has been able to answer Baltika's simple question so far: Why would she help Ean right now? There is no incentive for her to stick her neck out like that.

I've already answered that multiple times:

#1 She wants this mission to succeed as much as we do because she needs our help.
#2 She is better suited to manipulate Minos and she knows it.
#3 She thinks Ean is a meathead. An honorable one (which is why she's trusting us to help her after we get our powers), but a meathead nonetheless who could screw up anything.

If Minos wants to harm us, she can save us, but we won't exactly be able to do the same for her in our condition.

Sekhenun isn't exactly known for martial prowess (hence why she recruited us in the first place). What's she going to do when she's not operating from her position of strength?

Baltika9

Arcane

She recruited us initially remember? She needs us to help her out once we get our powers back. By her own words, she wasn't popular with the Gieloth before the whole Egypt thing and after we spared her and she helped us out her reputation can't have improved. She needs muscle and Ean is the only trustworthy source around.

I'm starting to think you just want Ean to get butt-secksed.
Seevee, yes, she needs us as muscle, I'm not questioning that. Hell, she'll be hard pressed in straight up combat without our immortal powerhouse, definitely. What I'm trying to say is (and apparently failing to) that Sekhenun might need our help, but in comparison of her own survival and her kind's survival, which, as you said, does not hold her in high esteem, she may just say "Well, fuck it, fuck Ean and fuck the Gieloth. I'm just gonna run while I'm still ahead." She really is the kind of person who, as I see it, would be just fine doing that, despite her seeming, or actual allegiances. She'll just lay low until mankind discovers space travel and run the hell away to a planet where she won't be found, ever. And that will be, from our standpoint, losing a valuable resource.

Besides, if Ean does get butsexed by Minos, he'll be buttsexed by a being of a neutral gender, e.g a tranny. Could you name anything more codexian, besides buttsexing Minos and his two "daughters"? Which is also a possibility. Who knows, he might just be the "taker", and those bull statues just overcompensation?
:mhd:

It's about time Ean got..."experimental" :smug:

Slaanesh receives +1 XP/10,000 of LVL0. 9,999 until level up.

ScubaV

Prophet
I guess I happen to think Sekhenun is made of sterner stuff and isn't going to bail at the first sign of having to do some work, but at this point it's moot. C is going win. It's in the lead and I'll vote C to ensure A loses and you'll vote C to ensure B loses.

Baltika9

Arcane
I guess I happen to think Sekhenun is made of sterner stuff and isn't going to bail at the first sign of having to do some work, but at this point it's moot. C is going win. It's in the lead and I'll vote C to ensure A loses and you'll vote C to ensure B loses.
Indeed, it seems we are at an impasse, good sir. I shall retire to my quarters to polish my most prestigious monocle. Good day.

Tigranes

Arcane
I shall retire to my quarters to polish my most prestigious monocle

That's what they calls a eu-phe-mi-sm, ey?

I can see the logic in A, I just don't want the story to turn full RK47. But I guess treave will spare us (himself) from the worst...? Flip to A.

newcomer

Learned
I miss RK47 :(
I hope he managed to reconcile with his siblings by brushing their teeth :troll:

Anyway where's treave ? I am craving for my daily dose of CYOA

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Chapter 4.6: A Tangled Web

"Do you think Minos's daughters would be able to get access to something that can help us?" you ask. Sekhenun narrows her eyes. "Maybe. I don't know. Are you thinking of wasting the potion on those two brats, when you could just use it to get Minos to hand the artifact over to you?"

"I think it's safer than risking my own body, that's all. Minos is a Gieloth, and I don't know what he will or can do to me. It's pointless to trade my own life for the artifact."

"Ah, I see you've grown to be more cautious and sly without your powers. The heroic do-gooder is now a more careful person, eh?" grins Sekhenun. You sigh in response to her jibe. "I suppose we can give it a try. Those daughters of his are creations, as far as I can tell. They are more akin to humans than they are Gieloth, but they have a bit of the traits of both species. The potion should work. Hold your hand out."

You do so, and a wickedly curved knife flashes out, catching you by surprise and nicking your thumb. Sekhenun swiftly collects the blood that drips out and mixes it into the potion.

"Now, leave the potion to me. I'll make sure the two go head over heels for you." She begins cackling just a bit, and you wonder if you can fully trust her.

It worked, almost beyond your wildest dreams. Right after breakfast, when Sekhenun was supposed to have spiked their meals, you were cornered by Ariadne and Phaedra in one of the palace's gardens. The two were unmistakeably sisters, down to their shoulder-length curls, light brown eyes, and the confident ferocity in their glare.

"Take us." says Ariadne.

A bold statement to be making in broad daylight, in her father's palace. You can't help but blush a bit. "What? Right here?"

"No, my love, take us away from here." said Phaedra.

"I don't think it's a good idea to be taking you at this time, whether it's here or in your chambers." you protest. It was a good way of getting Minos to kill you before you'd managed to do anything.

"We want you to take us from Knossos, we want to travel with you, love." cries Ariadne.

"Oh." You take a moment to recover your composure. "I... I would be delighted to travel with such fair maidens, but I am afraid I cannot leave until I have accomplished my quest here." you begin.

"What is your quest?" Phaedra looks up at you shyly.

"I need your father to bestow upon me a little trinket from his treasury, a small golden bull statue. It is not much, but it was a relic of my village. It was lost when monsters sacked the village and killed my father. I have journeyed long and far to find this trinket, and only recently have I heard that the great King Minos, father to the most beautiful Ariadne and Phaedra, had come into possession of this insignificant little thing." You had rehearsed this proclamation last night with Sekhenun, who had not stopped giggling until you finally left the room.

"And so, my loves, I..." You see Sekhenun standing just beyond the courtyard, spying on you. She appears to be snickering. You falter for a while, your face turning red. "I... would gladly take you with me, if you would help me get this statue."

"Oh my, what a wonderful, moving tale! You are so heroic... hero? Oh, I love you so much and I don't even know your name!" gushed Ariadne. This feels so wrong to you. You shudder to imagine how Minos would have reacted after taking the potion.

"I am Runi, my lovely lady." you smile, and make a courteous bow. As you bend, you see Sekhenun in the distance with her back hunched over, her shoulders trembling with what appears to be suppressed laughter. Were you really that funny?

"Dear Runi, we do want to help you, but Father would have kept the statue in his vault in the Labyrinth." said Phaedra. "We would not dare enter it without his permission." Your spirits fall. It looks like you have wasted the potion... but Ariadne speaks up.

"However, we do know how to traverse the maze, love. Father uses a magical thread that lights up the path to where he wants to go. You just need to think of the place, and it will show the way." That sounded exactly like what you needed. You grab her hands, excited. "Where is it, Ariadne?" However, she looked crestfallen. "I am sorry, my love, I gave it to another."

As if on cue, the Athenian you saw came bounding out, exclaiming, "My love? What is the meaning of this? Had we not pledged sweet, eternal love yesternight? Why do you consort with another man?" Ariadne turns away from you, tears in her eyes. "Oh Theseus, I am so sorry. I loved you yesterday, and I still do, but today I also love Runi."

You resist the urge to run from the spot. This is very uncomfortable.

Theseus turns to face you with a smile, his chiseled, noble looks almost sparkling in the Cretan sun. "I am no man to turn down a challenge, Egyptian. I do not believe my love for Ariadne would pale against yours." You cast a look at Phaedra, who has been quiet for a while. Theseus continued. "Let us have a competition. Tonight we enter the Labyrinth. Come with me, and we shall see who slays the Minotaur first, for that is what I am here to achieve. The winner shall have the honour of Ariadne's undivided affections."

"Oh, Theseus!" exclaimed Ariadne.

"Ariadne!" exclaimed Theseus.

"...You have the thread?" you say, quietly.

"Yes, I do." So saying, Theseus reached into his tunic and brought out a sparkling, silver ball of thread that appeared to breathe, as if it were alive. It looks like your path was set. Now that you know what could lead you through the maze, it was a matter of getting your hands on it. You would have to enter the Labyrinth regardless of what else you did. Of course, it would not be wise to make any moves out in the open...

A. You attempt to persuade Theseus to let you have the thread. You use your tale of the statue to convince him that your quests do not conflict. As an added incentive, you promise to help him with the Minotaur after you have obtained the statue.

B. You go along with Theseus's attempt to slay the Minotaur first, planning to help him out so that he would be indebted to you. You will ask for the thread to search for the statue after the Minotaur is defeated, as a favour.

C. You attack Theseus in the labyrinth and grab the thread by force... the buffoon is in your way.

newcomer

Learned
:lol:

An honorable immortal like Ean would've picked B

But well, I can be swayed to C. I don't think A will work, after all Theseus has no reason to trust us at this moment, especially after we steal "his ladies". On top of that, I think A will also lower his view on us, after all what he is looking for is a manly challenge, right?

Either that, or let Theseus die "honorably" in the hand of the minotaur, and later slay the minotaur. But only if you guys feel strong that is... History dictates Theseus win single-handedy, so we will need to give the minotaur a "little push"

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
A seems whiny

B for bro

Also seems like we made the right decision, at least in not voting A or B, as I suspect Minos would acquiesce to our request, only to find the magic string missing, leading to a bloody confrontation with Theseus. This way we have a temporary ally, at least until he kills us for stealing his love with rape magic.

The sister seems jealous as well, she might do something drastic like inform her father.

Baltika9

Arcane
Bro stick together.
And, if the kid's an immortal, I do favor having an apprentice with us. We'll explain the whole thing once we have our powers back, and make sure he's an immortal.

Besides, here's how it's broken down:

A- Naram.
B- Ean.
C- Shulgi.

P.S: What's with the blushing and stuttering, Treavebro? Did Ean avoid female company again?

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Hm, I was trying to convey the feeling of being unused to cheesily formal lines. Didn't want to over do it with stuff like "your eyes are like the stars in the night sky", but I guess it wasn't clear enough. Also, it's not that he's unused to female company, it's that Ariadne's 'company' isn't very natural to him.

He did suggest the idea but as it turns out, he isn't all together comfortable with it when it does work.

Baltika9

Arcane
"Ah, I see you've grown to be more cautious and sly without your powers. The heroic do-gooder is now a more careful person, eh?" grins Sekhenun.

He who is not an idealist in the beginning has no heart. He who remains an idealist has no brain.

newcomer

Learned
Well, according to the Theseus story he will eventually abandon Ariadne on an island & proceed to marry the other sister...
Might as well see how the other sister thinks about this whole matter... I personally prefer the shy one :incline:

oscar

Arcane
I think it was more honourable Ean being uncomfortable with 'date-raping' one of these girls.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom