Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] Epic

Quetzacoatl

Liturgist
A.
We'll come back when we're stronger.

Baltika9

Arcane
A, for the moment. The handmaiden is not our follower. I can be persuaded, but I have the suspicion that we will not be able to fight Aphrodite off.

(Some champion of humanity we are, heh)

Also, when we have our powers restored, I'm in favour of returning and having a stern conversation with this hedonistic bitch.
I'm more in favor of killing her.

And in this case, we're not humanity's champion. We're gonna do some avenging.:smug:
"Vengeance is mine, sayeth the Lord EMPRAH!"

and

"Beware the fury of the patient man."

Arpad

Educated
A

Always time to salivate about a womanslaughter during a more appropriate time.

Esquilax

Arcane
I really, really want a means to up our mind defences, we're getting one-upped by scrawny women who've never held a blade before in their lives.

Ean has some skill in psionics, so he can shield his mind against psychic attacks. In our normal state, especially with the sword amplifying all our powers, there's no way this would work on Ean. I think she could still kick our ass handily at the moment - our powers are gone, and she is still an immortal, after all.

Anyways, I don't think we need any other hint that it's probably best to leave Cyprus right now. I'm expecting to meet Aphrodite again once we get to Crete, she probably let us leave just to find out where we would run off to.

A

ScubaV

Prophet
A

It's not the honorable thing to do, but it's also the smart thing to do. We have no hope without our powers. I'm fine if this decision pushes Ean's personality in a bit more of a pragmatic direction, especially since these handmaidens aren't soldiers under our command or bros-in-arms.

TOME

Cuckmaster General
A

We have no chance without our powers. Let's come back later when we are restored.

Alright, we don't really stand a chance right now. And the chief handmaiden didn't really have any problems with us getting the short end of the stick (pity about the others though).

So A.

With the condition that we really do come back when we restore our power, release everybody and teach this bitch a lesson (unless she follows us, which would just save us a trip). Just because she is an immortal and not a Gieloth should not give her carte blanche to do whatever the fuck she wants.

Seriously, what is it with these immortal assholes? So far Sekhenun has been easier to work with then any of them, even with her threatening to eat us.

Baltika9

Arcane
Alright, we don't really stand a chance right now. And the chief handmaiden didn't really have any problems with us getting the short end of the stick (pity about the others though).

So A.

With the condition that we really do come back when we restore our power, release everybody and teach this bitch a lesson (unless she follows us, which would just save us a trip). Just because she is an immortal and not a Gieloth should not give her carte blanche to do whatever the fuck she wants.

Seriously, what is it with these immortal assholes? So far Sekhenun has been easier to work with then any of them, even with her threatening to eat us.
Yeah, what is it with these immortals? No shame or morals. It's like they're begging us to lay down the smack.

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
A

It's not the honorable thing to do, but it's also the smart thing to do. We have no hope without our powers. I'm fine if this decision pushes Ean's personality in a bit more of a pragmatic direction, especially since these handmaidens aren't soldiers under our command or bros-in-arms.

This is all the reason I need.
A

ScubaV

Prophet
aphrodite.jpg

Aphrodite wants to hear more about Ean's adventures!

Quetzacoatl

Liturgist
Will Treave go the Snorri route and explain various deities as immortal god kings remembered as gods by their cults?

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Sorry for the delay, had to fix up some work-related stuff after returning from vacation.

Chapter 4.4: The Palace of Knossos

Though you did not like it, you felt no obligation to save the others from their fate. Mehrune herself did not seem concerned with the fate of her own men and women, gladly accepting the potion from Sekhenun and elevating her to the position of chief. Thankfully, the ship departed from Cyprus without further incident, and you were soon in Crete after an uneventful sail.

The ship docked in the port town of Amnisos - from there you would proceed to the palace of Knossos by land. The port itself was a lively one - under Minos's rule, Crete had became an important kingdom in the Aegean. As you disembark, you notice a particular ship bearing black sails. Curious, you ask a nearby sailor where that ship is from.

"That one's from Athens, young master." spoke the sailor grimly. "They angered old Minos many years ago, killed his eldest son they did. From then on, he had them send seven young lads and seven young lasses every seven years as tribute for the Labyrinth."

"Games?"

The sailor's voice dropped in a hush. "Aye. The Labyrinth. I'm not much for rumours, young master, and such things are best not spoken of outside Knossos if you don't want to find yourself a participant." So speaking, he waves you on.

The palace of Knossos was every bit as impressive as you had heard. You could not help but marvel at the beautifully decorated corridors and carved statues. Whatever Minos was, he seemed to be a patron of the arts. There seemed to be a lot of bulls depicted, though.

Minos himself was strong and broad-shouldered, with a grizzled head of hair that betrayed his age. Though you knew what he hid inside that human body, he did not seem to notice you or Sekhenun as he greeted Mehrune and her entourage. Dinner was as impressive as his palace - you had not eaten so well in years. Minos played host with his two daughters, Ariadne and Phaedra; his wife, Pasiphae, had not been seen for many years, and he cheerfully apologized for her continued absence. You wonder about the parentage of the daughters, and make a note to ask Sekhenun about it later. At the dinner were 14 other youths - these had to be the Athenians the sailor had mentioned. All but one of them, a confident looking young man, looked pale and terrified, despite the feast put in front of them. You notice the Athenian youth glancing at Ariadne and Phaedra, and they at him, all through dinner. Minos doesn't notice.

As the night drew on and everyone retired to their rooms, you decided to look for Sekhenun to discuss your next course of action. You had not been able to talk to her much, as her new duties as chief handmaiden did not afford her much free time. Now that you were in Knossos, it was imperative that you work out a plan to obtain the artifact. She had let you know the location of her room right after dinner. As you wandered through the vast corridors of the palace, you notice the Athenian youth in front of you, walking in another direction.

A. You sneak after and follow the Athenian. You are sure Minos would not have allowed them free movement within the palace - there is something suspicious here, something you might be able to use to your own advantage. You can talk with Sekhenun after finding out what the Athenian is up to.

B. You ignore the Athenian and press forward to your meeting with Sekhenun. He is probably having a tryst with Minos's daughters, considering what went on at dinnertime - that in itself is more trouble than you want to find yourself in.

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
B - Let's focus our energy on getting the artifact swiftly. When we have it then we can spend our energy influencing the world around us.

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Ooo! Let's follow Theseus! :bro:

For now, I'm all for option A, but I can probably be swayed. Something tells me it might not be a good idea to be found sneaking after him, if it is indeed Theseus. If so, he's probably an immortal same as us, and likely skilled with the sword. If he takes our snooping the wrong way, we might end up taking a long dirtnap..

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom