Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] Epic

m4davis

Scholar
B

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Difficult choice... We must avoid getting our men captured at all costs. If the gieloth get ahold of them, they could force the info out of them about our traps, numbers, and the hole in the north wall.

C - worst comes to worst we'll use our shapeshifting ability and prentend to be an out of uniform babylonian out to take a leak.

edit:
a & b both sound like we'd stand to lose Kharun. b makes being noticed far more likely - esp. since we wouldn't be able to use our shape shifting skills in front of Kharun. If we did we'd risk losing his loyalty (omg, Master Runi, what are you?!) or word getting back to the king about our powers, if Kharun survived. Very bad long-term. d sounds like we'd be missing out on vital info, but it's still better than a or b...

Esquilax

Arcane
D isn't that dumb, now that I think about it - we'd be coming in blind, but so would they. It would also give us time to pep talk our bros before the tomorrow's horrific massacre glorious victory. treave, if we go scouting alone, will we have to light the fire traps on our own? How would it work?

Going scouting is worth the risk, though. Knowing what the Gieloth are planning is just too good of an opportunity to pass up. We can't allow the possibility of our plans falling into enemy hands, so I guess we'll have to make this a solo mission.

C for now.

B

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
The traps will be taken care of separately, you will send some men to handle it tomorrow as the Gieloth advance.

ScubaV

Prophet
I agree with Lambchop, we can't afford our men getting caught and tentacle mind-raped negating all of our surprise advantages. We aren't built for stealth, but with Anbar-Shi we can probably morph enough to look like Joe Blow Babylonian. There's also a possibility of getting to do more than scouting, like getting lucky and finding an officer to mind-read, or even less likely, stumbling across a Gieloth and assassinating them.

C

kazgar

Arcane
I'm curious as to B, there's a obvious increased risk, but is there a increased reward. Having someone to watch your back is useful, learning some information from Kharun perhaps? Maybe it'll give him a relations boost that'll come in handly later down the track (emotional engagement yo) C's looking obvious but need some more time to ponder B.

D's silly and A's too risky.

Tigranes

Arcane
B seems like a good way to get Kharun's loyalty, help build up more stories about our greatness in Egypt, and also to get the job done.

You only needed to worry about their army managing to breach the fortress and overrun your men - you were supplied easily from your western gate, which led out into the Delta and was unaccessible to the Babylonians. If it settled into a siege situation, you could wait them out easily. Time was on your side... you think. With the Gieloth, you can never be certain what new tricks they bring to the party.
Does this mean we can run away retreat through the same gate if everything goes wrong? So this doesn't have to be a last stand if the walls get overrun?

Voting C. Tempting to go B, but like Lambchop19 said we can't afford to get our men captured. The key to victory is the element of surprise (insert Zap Branigan joke here). A is out for the same reason, and we can't just ignore them either - we'll need every edge we can get.

We may not be very stealthy, but we are very fast and can detect any guards before us. And there's always fire if we find something flammable to create a distraction. Hopefully that will be enough.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
You only needed to worry about their army managing to breach the fortress and overrun your men - you were supplied easily from your western gate, which led out into the Delta and was unaccessible to the Babylonians. If it settled into a siege situation, you could wait them out easily. Time was on your side... you think. With the Gieloth, you can never be certain what new tricks they bring to the party.
Does this mean we can run away retreat through the same gate if everything goes wrong? So this doesn't have to be a last stand if the walls get overrun?

Yes, you are correct. Retreat is always an option. Whether it is the right option, however, depends on the time.

Esquilax

Arcane
I'm curious as to B, there's a obvious increased risk, but is there a increased reward. Having someone to watch your back is useful, learning some information from Kharun perhaps? Maybe it'll give him a relations boost that'll come in handly later down the track (emotional engagement yo) C's looking obvious but need some more time to ponder B.

D's silly and A's too risky.

I think you're right. After having had time to think about it, I think that Kharun, while bold, is the type of person we want watching our back. More than that, I am pretty sure that he is very reliable and that should he get captured, he will be willing to kill himself if captured by the enemy. If it's just the two of us, maintaining secrecy is still very much possible. I have to admit I'm somewhat interested in getting to know the character.

Maybe this is a hunch, but I think that Kharun's desire to prove himself might take over in battle if we don't place some trust in him right now. He's in charge of 300 very good men and he might take our refusal to bring him along as a lack of faith in his abilities. I'm worried that it might cause him to overcompensate during the battle.

I'm flopping my original post.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
It isn't just the two of you, there's another fifteen men of his. But if everyone is keen, it can be arranged. Just note whether your vote for B depends on it being a two-man mission, and I'll have a look through at the end of the day.

If we can propose what we want then I have a better job for Kharun and his men. Hide them between the enemy and the fortress, and on our exposed flak while we are scouting. That way they'll be in position to SURPRISE! any scouts the other side would send against us. Overconfident or not, they'd be idiots if they don't. I doubt any Gieloth would go on such a dangerous mission, so it will probably be just normal humans.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
If you guys can come to a consensus, I'll work it in, though this may be overkill for something as simple as a scouting choice. You do have patrols on the walls, and the gates are closed. They can scout, but they'd only see that the fortress is manned and barred. There's little they can report. On the other hand, your scouting can be more extensive because they have no walls, only tents.

Do let me know if you want to kill the scouts that the enemy send.

Baltika9

Arcane
If we can propose what we want then I have a better job for Kharun and his men. Hide them between the enemy and the fortress, and on our exposed flak while we are scouting. That way they'll be in position to SURPRISE! any scouts the other side would send against us. Overconfident or not, they'd be idiots if they don't. I doubt any Gieloth would go on such a dangerous mission, so it will probably be just normal humans.
This

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
If you guys are relying on them being ignorant of our force size, killing their scouts might make them suspicious that something is up.

oscar

Arcane
D. Our men getting captured and spilling the beans or the Gieloth detecting us isn't worth the intel. Will D give us time to have a good feast with the men or somesuch?

I was thinking more to not let them discover that the front of the fortress is trapped to hell and back. Not to mention a big hole in our back wall. If it takes killing their scouts to prevent them from knowing this, then so be it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom