Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] Epic

m4davis

Scholar
A

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
For some reason, this choice is easy for me.
B
We supported Astarth and he let us get on with our own quest, killing tentacles. If we disobey him now, I foresee the need to leave egypt soon, or kill Astarth, and I'd rather we finish our housecleaning first. Let's go to Thebes, kill the Gieloth there, then we'll have to deal with the Babylonians after...

newcomer

Learned
A

I don't think Astarth will be happy to find his empire destroyed, and so far he has been holding out well.

Thinking of flopping to B, after all cleaning the Egyptian gieloth will cut off communication ties of Egyptian gieloth with Babylon

treave
how many gieloth are marching along with the Babylonians?​

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
You don't know - you can only tap into their long range communications, and they don't exactly give all the details in it... plus you still only understand bits and fragments.

What you can guess at is this: the Gieloth presence in Babylon is very strong right now, they've been growing unimpeded. There would be more than there are in Thebes. Furthermore, the ones in Thebes are Children spawned by Sekhenun, which you've been stomping without breaking a sweat for the past three years (no XP there since they're too low-leveled, sorry! But their sorcery is still enough to give a mortal trouble, and they might have other tricks up their sleeves), while there are definitely mature Gieloth in Sumeria, similar to Sekhenun and her sisters.

You don't know for sure if there are any marching with the army, but given how they've operated before, and that the Assyrian king was recently slain by the Babylonians, you rather suspect there are. You don't know how many, though.

Tigranes

Arcane
Since the Babylonians will most definitely turn up on our doorstep soon, I don't think there's any way we can be suspected - Astarth will soon see very clearly that we were not betraying him. On the other hand, if we do go down, I'm sure we'll take care of Thebes quite quickly, but I'm also quite sure we'll find the Babylonians at least besiegeing Memphis by the time we return.

Not sure what we can do with 1000 men against 8000 Babylonians + the Gieloth influence, even as powerful as we are, though?

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Plus, we'd need to explain how we knew about this invasion. Have we in any way told Astarth bits and pieces about how we're able to find the Gieloth? Even hints?

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Voting B for now, but I can be swayed to A. We need Astarth's army so we can proceed to combat the Gieloth.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Plus, we'd need to explain how we knew about this invasion. Have we in any way told Astarth bits and pieces about how we're able to find the Gieloth? Even hints?

No. If he knew that you had access to a global communications network, you'd have to cut ties with him the next second or risk getting pestered by demands to invade America. :lol: You've made up something about being able to detect Gieloth because you are trained to do so. He would've asked you to train an entire squad of Gieloth hunters but he got preoccupied with trying to kick Thebes's ass and kinda forgot, plus you were doing a great job of being Darth Vader hunting down the Jedi Gieloth on your own.

The good thing about option A, is even if you fail (and there are a few choices you can make once you arrive at Tjaru so it's not a forgone conclusion), your 'death' will be legendary. Again. This time they won't even hide your body in a ghost city that time forgot.

TOME

Cuckmaster General
A

We can atleast hold them off if nothing else. It is bad enough if we let the babylonian army pillage Egypt unhindered, but wiping out all the children of Sekhenun would cut off one region of our global communication network. Thebes needs to be conquered eventually but not at the costs of rest of the kingdom. And besides, how can you resist a chance to weed out big Gieloths?

A

We are his general. What are we going to say if we go to him instead, "I'm here to help you finish an already winning war. Btw, there's an unopposed army pillaging your kingdom now." Yeah, that's going to end well.

That twat is turning out to be just as much a liability as the late Sargon was. Oh, I do so hope that the Gieloth didn't realize we can eavesdrop on them and that the whole thing isn't a ruse while the real army is closing on Astarth even now, ready to crush him with the Thebes army. Because it would be terrible if something were to happen to him, just terrible.

Collage

Educated
A. We should put ourselves in the best position to assume power after Astarth's death (timely or otherwise). Pulling off another incredible against-all-odds victory should do that. Even if we lose the battle, we could delay the Babylonians long enough for Astarth to finish the Thebans and march on the Babylonians after.

Baltika9

Arcane
A. Enough of being everyone's little altar boy. How soon until he orders Ean to transform into a woman to carry him "strong sons"? No, we must build support for ourselves, and count on the Gieloth to kill him. If we end up Pharaoh, fine, the Imperium of Mankind has to start somwhere.

Esquilax

Arcane
If we halt the incoming Babylonians, our legacy will be established in Egypt forever. Astarth is just like Sargon, so any victory there will be sure to incur his jealousy and hatred, but it will hopefully establish our personal legend in Egypt enough to be able to take power. I'm not sure Astarth will care if we bring him a glorious victory against the Babylonians or not considering we disobeyed the man's orders. Politically, there's no question that it's a dumb move, but if the people are awed by the news of our victory, then we can establish rule later.

But I'm putting the cart before the horse here. Halting the Babylonians will be difficult, but it's possible. They are fresh off a big victory and their morale is high at this point. We have a month's time before the Babylonians arrive at Tjaru, so hopefully that will give us some time to make preparations before the battle begins. Hopefully the r00fleblade will give us the edge we need to defeat any Gieloth.

treave: How far are we from Tjaru?

A

Baltika9

Arcane
If we halt the incoming Babylonians, our legacy will be established in Egypt forever. Astarth is just like Sargon, so any victory there will be sure to incur his jealousy and hatred, but it will hopefully establish our personal legend in Egypt enough to be able to take power. I'm not sure Astarth will care if we bring him a glorious victory against the Babylonians or not considering we disobeyed the man's orders. Politically, there's no question that it's a dumb move, but if the people are awed by the news of our victory, then we can establish rule later.

But I'm putting the cart before the horse here. Halting the Babylonians will be difficult, but it's possible. We have a month's time before the Babylonians arrive at Tjaru, so hopefully that will give us some time to make preparations before the battle begins. Hopefully the r00fleblade will give us the edge we need to defeat any Gieloth.

A
And a ruler's power stems from his people.

That, or a fanatical army. If we win, we'll have both.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

A - We've seen what happens when the Gieloth invade. If we don't strike now the battle could be 2x as difficult later with entire cities turned into undead or worse.

Esquilax

Arcane
I've a rather strong feeling that the Pharaoh will come at the last moment.

That's incredibly wishful thinking. Nobody will come for us, and we can't plan under the assumption that somebody will come and save us - we're on our own here. Here is a map with Tjaru on it, Thebes isn't listed here but it's further South, past the Nile Delta, which means that it would take too long to march to our position:

legypt_1.jpg

Now, a few things are working in our favour. No matter what, the Babylonians have to pass the fortress of Tjaru in order to pass into the undefended lands of Egypt. It takes a lot less men to hold a fortress than it does to siege one, even one in a state of neglect like Tjaru, so clever planning will go a long way to ensuring that assaulting the fortress will be a nightmare for them. That being said, we are going to have to think really hard and make damn sure that we come up with something brilliant, otherwise we're looking at a long slumber.

I also wanted to go because I felt that a heroic, glorious battle feels very in-character. And because Ean's powers seem to increase whenever he has to face desperate odds. There are big risks here, but there were also big risks when we decided to waltz into Sukhenun's holy city, and we came out of that one just fine.

ScubaV

Prophet
Yeah A. It's risky, but still possible to win. And it should increase our powers unlike curb-stomping wimpy Children.

Baltika9

Arcane
By the way Treave of bros, what does our character sheet look like. Did we improve anything since the last one (it was all the way back when we woke up)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom